A walk down memory lane by an old Lost Lake resident

Started by PegasusJF, June 14, 2007, 03:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PegasusJF

Well, I did say I would make something special for you guys.  So here it is.

Some one hour-ish sketches of Pegasus Job Fidelis.

and...

Comments would be appreciated.

God Bless

ps...some random bio factoids.

My character is the Pegasus was and is (in Mabs continuity) in Merlitz's adventure party.

My character's story focuses on what happened before he came to Lost Lake.

pps....Wildy!!! Nice to see you!

EDIT:  Sunny-Chiba, yes, I do remember that name, I'm afraid specifics elude me atm, so any refreshing of my dodgy memory would be appreciated.  But anyway, thanks for replying!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Should we move this to the Tower of Art, now? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fuyudenki

really sorry to say this, but...

Quote from: Hubb, Second-Hand Lions
Nothing sadder than a couple of old has-beens talkin' about their glory days.

is something I agree with.  As nice as it is to see that an old-timer from Lost Lake is here, focusing on the past like that is more depressing.

Looking back never told anyone where they were going.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Those who don't pay attention to the past are doomed to repeat it."

.. as a contrasting opinion, let's say. ;-]

llearch n'n'daCorna

Picky, picky.

Yeah, I know the original is "learn from". :-P

Zedd

PegasusJF

Quote from: Raist on July 09, 2007, 10:41:05 AM
really sorry to say this, but...

Quote from: Hubb, Second-Hand Lions
Nothing sadder than a couple of old has-beens talkin' about their glory days.

is something I agree with.  As nice as it is to see that an old-timer from Lost Lake is here, focusing on the past like that is more depressing.

Looking back never told anyone where they were going.

But also remembering past joys can help strentghen a person's spirit.  Focusing on them excessively, yes, that is bad, but otherwise, it's a good thing.

Fuyudenki

Yes, this is true.  As with everything in life, it requires a fine balance, and remember that in Second-Hand Lions, Hubb was pretty much proven wrong during the whole movie, as his brother tells their grandnephiew about those glory days.

Still, there are a couple of boards I could go back and do exactly this same thing at.  One wouldn't remember me, though they'd still give a warm welcome.  The other has exactly one person there who misses me, and with all due respect, he should really move on.(Even if he did manage to get back in contact, he'd find I'm a very different person)

If your past is worth reflecting on, that's great.  Mine is better left forgotten.

I'm not going to welcome you back to the board, old-timer.  I will, however, welcome you to the board, new guy, hope you enjoy the experience.

kaskar

8) The one-hourish's sketches look fine by me. A bit of inking, and if you want to, colouring, could tend to enhance the picture. But then, you get to an end point of, " What would make it look even better ? ", and tend to waste time.

I also assume that the Pegasus mentioned is the same one as the one used in the recent " Get me to the Church on time Chapter ",  where Abel had morphed himself into Merlitz's form, and maybe this Pegasus shows some of the same attributes as the ones shown in the chapter ...   

8) Just Hanging Around ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: kaskar on July 10, 2007, 04:43:12 AM
... maybe this Pegasus shows some of the same attributes as the ones shown in the chapter ...

er.

Real Life person is like character in webcomic?

Yeah. You just keep taking whatever pills it is they've got you on, there, kaskar.

Aridas

No, that's not it, he's just being stupid as he's forgetting the fact that merlitz's adventuring party showed up in both chapters and is not actually two different parties.

kaskar

Sorry, PegasusJF, if I had misconstrued , or misunderstood any of the major points in your character. What I do not understand is why everyone is making such a big thing about it.
8) Just Hanging Around ...

PegasusJF

Hey, it's all good.  I'm just a minor character here.

Such debates might become more relevant when I release my own story that focuses on Pegasus's life before he came to, well, in Mab's it's Furrae, in mine, well, I'll have to figure out something that sounds good, but generally in Furcadia.

Feroluce

I have to agree, those sketches do indeed look good. I look forwards to seeing the story, Pegasus ^_^