2007-06-20 [798] Scene change!

Started by superluser, June 20, 2007, 12:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

*Charles reappears ready to speak physics again!*  .... and so, untilizing spatial distortion initiated with imaginary mass formed from the proto, one can mimic a warp drive effect, travelling upon the 'wake' of the distortion through the seperate...

*Charline interrupts*  Wait a sec.  Aren't you dead?  I don't recall bringing you back this time.

*Charles uhms*  No?   :shifty

*Charline hmms*  You look suspicious to me...  :poke

*Charles erfs and goes with the first thing that comes to mind*  A wizard did it!  *flees before the truth is revealed!*

"And thus the entire physics episode was retconned and magic went back to being its regular inexplicable weirdness.  The End!"   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Psychogirl

Quote from: Ralanost on June 21, 2007, 04:10:54 AM
In a world with magic, if you say magic is involved, it is logical.

Pretty much. To those who live in a fantasy world (or sci-fi, though those tend to confuse me), what's real to them is logical.

And, again, I am the stupidest human being to ever walk the face of the earth. Logic in the real world makes my brain hurt  :mowdizzy
I'm the type of person who's allergic to real-world logic, but can understand logic that doesn't exist to us.

Ralanost

Quote from: Alondro on June 21, 2007, 09:10:38 AM
"And thus the entire physics episode was retconned and magic went back to being its regular inexplicable weirdness.  The End!"   :3
:boogie

LigerJet

You know, I didn't think the fae were holding up the background.  I thought they were sneaking up behind Jyrras to pounce-snuggle-attack him.

Taerkar

Further proof that Fae plays are interesting. Why worry about such petty things like props and the like? Just change the reality to better suit your play.

It's not a Scene Change, it's an existence change.

Jy Jy should be scared and, at the same time, trying to figure out how to duplicate it with his gadgets. Well, once the shock wears off.

Rafe

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that the Fae Kingdom is going to be like Bob Clampett's/Friz Freleng's Warner Brothers cartoons with "Wacky Land" ?  I expect to see the Do-Do appear any time now...

Rafe

Kenji

Gah, that episode was so messed up.

I love it.

Zedd

kaskar

:mowmeep  Whoever said that the world had to make sense was a fool ...

8)       But then again, timeout for foolishness  is fun ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

e_voyager

indeed if i had to live my life with out the occasional foolishness i would go crazy.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Psychogirl

Everyone needs foolishness once in awhile.
Insanity is what keeps us all sane  :P

Ralanost

Quote from: Psychogirl on June 22, 2007, 12:44:21 PM
Everyone needs foolishness once in awhile.
Insanity is what keeps us all sane  :P
Only by comparison. :B

Feroluce

Quote from: kaskar on June 20, 2007, 02:31:03 AM

:mowmeep   Looks similar to the elevator sequence Jyrras had with Lorenda in #360 - #301

This is what I was thinking when I saw it as well ^^

Zedd

Careful childrens...Fae can smell fear....They'd ripp your eyes out from their sockets!!

Naldru

Quote from: Zedd on June 22, 2007, 04:58:02 PM
Careful childrens...Fae can smell fear....They'd ripp your eyes out from their sockets!!
But only if they can find an amusing way to do it.  There's no point in doing it if it isn't fun.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Netrogo

They'd create a yummy breakfast cereal that contained more sugar then a Splenda plant and enchant it to cause anyone who ingested it's eyes to leap from their sockets.

It's be deliciously horrible :mwaha
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Kenji

Quote from: Netrogo on June 22, 2007, 05:23:23 PM
They'd create a yummy breakfast cereal that contained more sugar then a Splenda plant and enchant it to cause anyone who ingested it's eyes to leap from their sockets.

Naldru

Quote from: Netrogo on June 22, 2007, 05:23:23 PM

Actually, Splenda is a sugar substitute and does not contain any actual sugar.

I think the fae could come up with something more imaginative.  Perhaps a breakfast cereal that causes flames to shoot out of the mouth, steam to come from the ears, a Tex Avery example of the eyeballs shooting out and then bouncing back like they were on a rubber band.  The cereal box would be marked "Red Hot Breakfast".  The flames from the mouth would burn a hole through the table.

The fae could then come with a line like "I think it needs more hot sauce.  What do you think."

By the way, if you look at the old tales, they tell you not to eat the food or drink if you visit the fairy realm.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

LigerJet

Quote from: Naldru on June 22, 2007, 11:57:21 PMBy the way, if you look at the old tales, they tell you not to eat the food or drink if you visit the fairy realm.

Why not?

Attic Rat

Quote from: LigerJet on June 23, 2007, 01:16:01 AM
Quote from: Naldru on June 22, 2007, 11:57:21 PMBy the way, if you look at the old tales, they tell you not to eat the food or drink if you visit the fairy realm.

Why not?

As I'd heard it, once you've done that, you become forever trapped in the fae realm.  :mwaha  :cry
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Manawolf

That's Hades if you eat the food.  Though staying in the fae realm does cause time to go by hyper fast, so suddenly once you get out years or decades could have gone by.

nikename2

Quote from: Attic Rat on June 23, 2007, 01:53:25 AM
As I'd heard it, once you've done that, you become forever trapped in the fae realm.  :mwaha  :cry

Edit: Couldn't any realm be attuned to have you trapped forever in it if you do something "wrong"?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yes. Traditionally, however, it's eating or drinking - both for Fae and for Hades.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

:mowmeep
Quote from: Attic Rat on June 23, 2007, 01:53:25 AM
Quote from: LigerJet on June 23, 2007, 01:16:01 AM

Why not?

8) Everyone seems to try to make the fae world look bad against this miserable realm of strife ...

Why ?

:mowhappy      And why can't you leave after you have visited the fae realm ? Bet Jyrras and Lorenda are going to snack while touring the fae kingdom, then go home ...   Would Miss Mab try to kidnapp the pair into the fae world now ?  Don't think so ..

So maybe a bit more of that old firewater ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

AndersW

Quote from: Naldru on June 22, 2007, 11:57:21 PM
I think the fae could come up with something more imaginative.  Perhaps a breakfast cereal that causes flames to shoot out of the mouth, steam to come from the ears, a Tex Avery example of the eyeballs shooting out and then bouncing back like they were on a rubber band.  The cereal box would be marked "Red Hot Breakfast".  The flames from the mouth would burn a hole through the table.

The fae could then come with a line like "I think it needs more hot sauce.  What do you think."

That made me think of this.

Netrogo

Quote from: Naldru on June 22, 2007, 11:57:21 PM
Actually, Splenda is a sugar substitute and does not contain any actual sugar.

Ahem, don't correct me unless you know the facts. I said it would contain more sugar then a Splenda factory. I didn't say Splenda is sugar, just that the factory CONTAINS sugar. I said that because of this.

A direct quote from the Splenda website

What is SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener?
SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener contains sucralose (SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener), the no calorie sweetener made from sugar

http://www.splenda.com/page.jhtml?id=splenda/products/faq.inc

So yeah, don't try correcting me unless you have your facts straight.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

bill

Naldru

I do apologize to Netrogo.  You are right.  I was wrong.  Splenda factories do contain sugar.

Rafe

Rafe

Catffeinated

... And this is why I hate (yet love) magic...