6-18-2007 #797 Spite

Started by Manawolf, June 18, 2007, 03:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kettle

i'm with tapewolf there were two of them. Piff AND Puff

Heaps sorry amber, it sucks when they just go without any warning

Madmann135

This only proves that Mab has a strong will and high morality.

Mab would rather leave than alter her apearance to suit a new law that would require her to alter her apearance to be with everyone.
That proves that Mab would rather be unique than common.

It also proves that Mab loves her tail.

Mab tail  :mowcookie

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

thegayhare

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 18, 2007, 10:33:12 AM
Quote from: Regal on June 18, 2007, 10:11:50 AM
Having a fluffy tail is a very important purpose!

"I fluff therefore I am"?

Well if fluffing is that important to you you could always get a job as a fluffer

Now I have the oddest picture in my mind.

*mab reading a obscure paper. "Fluffer wanted"*
Mab: Ohh I think I found the perfect job for me
Dan: Realy?
Mab: yep
*mab makes a phone call and sets up an interveiw before running off.  She comes back a few hours later with a shocked look on her face*
Dan: Whats wrong Mab?  Was there a problem with the interview.
Mab.  I thought it was like a hairs dresser job Dan but what they wanteed... it was Gross

Whitemagebishieboy

Quote from: kaskar on June 18, 2007, 08:11:24 AM

:mowmeep    Who really needs a purpose in life, really ?

Do you really want that question answered?

bill

Alondro

I had two cockatiels go suddenly in years past.  One was flying around and smacked into the screen of a window, which wouldn't have been a bad thing if the window hadn't been loose and came sliding down on his head.   :<

The other one was flying around, had a heart attack or something, and dropped dead out of the air.   :<

I keep our third one pretty much in the cage at all times.  He's lasted 14 years now.  :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rabid_fox

The saga of Mab and Nutmeg runs like a Steve Earle song.

Oh dear.

Kenji

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 18, 2007, 10:55:57 AM
Quote from: Kenji on June 18, 2007, 10:52:19 AM
Well she always said it as Piff around me. Sides, Piff is funner to say. May his marrowless bones rest in budgie peace.

Weren't there two of them?

Perhaps. I guess that could be right. Mayhaps when I read "my second budgie", I was thinking of Budgie Wage and Budgie Love from before she had Piff. In that case, can't say I know Puff, but losing a lil pet is never fun. Especially when the lil feathered one reminds you of your sister. *totally dumb inside joke*

Aleolus

...OK, maybe my memory is impaired at the moment, but I cannot recall ever seeing Mab's tail before.  Can anyone remedy this, or have we not actually seen it, thus making us needing to take Mab's word that her tail is fluffier than Nutmegs?  'Cause Nutmeg's tail looks plenty fluffy, you know.

techmaster-glitch

Turnsky

so very fluffy.

on the amber rant note, i'd haveta agree with her on june.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Eibborn

I demand a fluffiness comparison! :o
/kicks the internet over

bill

What's the SI unit for fluffiness?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on June 18, 2007, 02:05:56 PM
on the amber rant note, i'd haveta agree with her on june.
A more superstitious mind might think that issuing a challenge to June was a bad idea  :B

Quote from: Aleolus on June 18, 2007, 01:23:52 PM
...OK, maybe my memory is impaired at the moment, but I cannot recall ever seeing Mab's tail before.  Can anyone remedy this, or have we not actually seen it, thus making us needing to take Mab's word that her tail is fluffier than Nutmegs?  'Cause Nutmeg's tail looks plenty fluffy, you know.

The tail evolves during the Warrior For Hire arc as Amber gets into gear.  Around 120 and 122 it's a regular bushy tail.  Around 134 it starts to fold, and by 137 it assumes the basic swiss-roll shape which it has in the subsequent arcs.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

One thing that I don't get is that the last strip implied that Mab made a law that contradicted a previous law, but in this one she said she made the gem wearing law, wouldn't that have been cancelled when the system reset? I don't know maybe I'm missed some thing.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Whitemagebishieboy

Quote from: MT Hazard on June 18, 2007, 03:57:43 PM
One thing that I don't get is that the last strip implied that Mab made a law that contradicted a previous law, but in this one she said she made the gem wearing law, wouldn't that have been cancelled when the system reset? I don't know maybe I'm missed some thing.

Mab was afraid of contradicting a previous law, you don't need something to have happened to you to be afraid of it. Else no one would fear death.

Aridas

the way i'm seeing it, she was only explaining it. she didn't say anything about doing it. They wanted the explanation and all (I think)

Zedd

To fluff,Or not to fluff....That is never the question >:3

Akisohida

So Mab is the reason all Fae wear gems! I wonder if the law was simply 'All Fae must wear gems' or more complex? 'All Fae must wear gems but Males must wear darker oclors and females lighter colors' or something..
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Kryptic

Personally, it looks like Mab's tail could beat out any squirrel in the universe. At least it -looks- squirrelly to me...

I feel for ya with your budgie. I had a rabbit die suddenly a couple months ago, it was old age (I didn't know his age at the time, he was eight). And he had just sired a litter - so it was really bittersweet...

R.I.P. Moose. You were such a very good bunny.

Vidar

Sorry to hear about you birdy, Amber. I lost a pet not too long ago, and I know how that can hit you.

Also, Mabby's floofyness shall not succumb to any rule or law, ever! A new law must be created: Any law made by Nutmeg is hereby nullified! Vive la Revolution!
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

rabid_fox

As a side note, I remember when our canary K.L.H. died. My father took it upon himself to come into my room extremely early on a Saturday morning and place the cage on my stomach (I tend to sleep back to mattress) and wake me up. First thing I saw was a dead bird, feet up.

"Thanks Dad."

Oh dear.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Akisohida on June 18, 2007, 04:24:39 PM
So Mab is the reason all Fae wear gems! I wonder if the law was simply 'All Fae must wear gems' or more complex? 'All Fae must wear gems but Males must wear darker oclors and females lighter colors' or something..

No, It was "All Fae must wear gems on their foreheads", as quoted by Mab.  Hey! maybe that's why Azlan doesn't go back to Fae kingdom, that too girly law... Yet, he doesn't hold a grudge against Mab...

PBH

Valynth

Quote from: Vidar on June 18, 2007, 05:40:17 PM
Also, Mabby's floofyness shall not succumb to any rule or law, ever! A new law must be created: Any law made by Nutmeg is hereby nullified! Vive la Revolution!

That would count as a "rule that conflicts with a previous rule."  Wouldn't it?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

kaskar

:mowmeep I like fluffy tails, why, do you have anything against them ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

bill

Quote from: kaskar on June 18, 2007, 09:41:49 PM

:mowmeep I like fluffy tails, why, do you have anything against them ?
No, you're mistaken.
We're not against fluffy tails, we're against you.

Azraelle

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 18, 2007, 02:07:57 PM
What's the SI unit for fluffiness?

I think it's FpCC = follicles per cubic centimeter.

techmaster-glitch

Naw, that can't be it, because you also have to factor in hair length, which is just as, or more, important than how many hairs

Azraelle

But longer hairs will contribute to a higher FpCC since they occupy more than one CC.  If it was just a follicle count, it would use follicles per square centimeter.

Netrogo

Quote from: rabid_fox on June 18, 2007, 06:59:56 PM

As a side note, I remember when our canary K.L.H. died. My father took it upon himself to come into my room extremely early on a Saturday morning and place the cage on my stomach (I tend to sleep back to mattress) and wake me up. First thing I saw was a dead bird, feet up.

"Thanks Dad."

Wow, and I thought MY dad was an ass. Mine's more the 'wake-you-with-a-bucket-of-water-and-laugh' type rather then dead bird in the morning :erk
Once upon a time I actually posted here.