6-13 [796] New level of fear for public speaking

Started by Fex, June 13, 2007, 12:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caswin

Ah, lawmaking...

*Turns on the 'hacking' music from Jumpin' Jack Flash*
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Zedd

Make sure you dont leave the lights on when your leaving the kingdom...Those faes get hypnotized by a lightbulb once and claimed it their god once...Course that would mostly happened in Mabs rule

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 13, 2007, 03:54:54 AM
Rrrr.  I can't say I'm too happy with the auction groupings.  I'd really like chapter 16, but I don't want to deprive Janus of the spy arc (which I didn't really like anyway).  Ah well - I guess we'll have to see what happens.

*Charline grins*  I should buy them all and deprive everyone!

*Charles whines*  But.. but that'll use all my AC money!

*Charline leers*  We can make plenty more selling your organs in Thailand!

*Charles*  :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Angel

Awwww. Poor Mabby. But still... She looks so cute in the last panel!   :3
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Prof B Hunnydew

QuoteThen THE WHOLE THING resets and We start all over again

Ah Does not this sound a little ominous, peeps?  I mean what Resets and How much?  Is it just  the Fae player's handbook Rules reset, Does the Fae law system start over or the whole Universe?

:mowcookie PBH

superluser

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on June 13, 2007, 11:13:24 PMAh Does not this sound a little ominous, peeps?  I mean what Resets and How much?  Is it just  the Fae player's handbook Rules reset, Does the Fae law system start over or the whole Universe?

Yeah, I was asking about that, earlier.  We didn't really come to any consensus.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Eibborn

I know the Fae are powerful beyond belief, but why would the entire universe reset if their laws were contradictory? Maybe I'm not getting the connection. Did I miss a reference or something?
/kicks the internet over

Senko

I suspect its the combination of an earlier comment about the universe ending at least once before and things resetting when laws contradict. Not really related but close enough to make one wonder how much is actually reset.

superluser

Quote from: Eibbor_N on June 14, 2007, 01:24:51 AMI know the Fae are powerful beyond belief, but why would the entire universe reset if their laws were contradictory?

That's what I'm wondering, but that's the most logical way to interpret ``Then the whole thing resets and we start all over again.''  After all, what describes the universe better than ``the whole thing?''

Also, what Senko said.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Turnsky

if Mab's Brownies are anything to go on by.....  :erk

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Taerkar

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on June 13, 2007, 11:13:24 PM

Ah Does not this sound a little ominous, peeps?  I mean what Resets and How much?  Is it just  the Fae player's handbook Rules reset, Does the Fae law system start over or the whole Universe?

Well, I guess that depends a lot upon how often such things happen. Maybe the first law is "It should never be quiet" and POOF! err... BANG! we have the big bang?

kaskar

:mowmeep Ah, poor forlorn looking Mab.

Quote from: Taerkar on June 14, 2007, 03:19:38 AM
Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on June 13, 2007, 11:13:24 PM

Well, I guess that depends a lot upon how often such things happen. Maybe the first law is "It should never be quiet" and POOF! err... BANG! we have the big bang?

:mowhappy But I wonder which Universe resets ? Fae are Very long lived. Lifespan, ( Unknown ) It could be the normal Universe that resets, and the Fae realm stays intact  in their realm ?  As with the joke about jy disintegrating on entering the fae world. Jyrras and Lorenda are not made of fae universe matter. Is it compatible, or does it act like a matter - antimatter reaction ? Big Bang ? We wait for a zany result ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Netrogo

The thing I wonder is whether or not normal beings have EVER been to the fae kingdom.

As for the universe thing, I think it's the whole thing that resets. Just the fae are the only ones who remember it.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Janus Whitefurr

On the off-chance that someone on this forum wins the group that has my arc in it, expect me to come bargaining for it. I'm not going to get into bidding wars over on Furbid over this, and if you turn me down fair enough. Just putting it out there. :tired
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on June 14, 2007, 08:18:00 AM
On the off-chance that someone on this forum wins the group that has my arc in it, expect me to come bargaining for it. I'm not going to get into bidding wars over on Furbid over this, and if you turn me down fair enough. Just putting it out there. :tired

Frankly, I'm not so interested in your arc.  I do however want "Wingin' It" and I'd be happy to split if I do win...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Almost makes me wish that I actually had money to call my own, for the sole purpose of getting that arc, then surprising you by leaving it on our doorstep, absolutely free! :)

But, like I said, I gots no pocket money :B

Netrogo

I'm hoping to bargain with anyone that gets one of the recent cubi infested arcs. My fiancee loves Abel so I'm hoping someone will part with one of the Abel strips :)
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Taerkar

Quote from: kaskar on June 14, 2007, 03:48:49 AM
:mowhappy But I wonder which Universe resets ? Fae are Very long lived. Lifespan, ( Unknown ) It could be the normal Universe that resets, and the Fae realm stays intact  in their realm ?  As with the joke about jy disintegrating on entering the fae world. Jyrras and Lorenda are not made of fae universe matter. Is it compatible, or does it act like a matter - antimatter reaction ? Big Bang ? We wait for a zany result ...

Well, I'm pretty sure that the lifespan of a Fae is 8, except it's an 8 that got a little tipsy and fell over and is now laying on its side.  :mowtongue

Also, that's a possibility, but instead of matter-antimatter, it could be sanity-antisanity? Of course, that does beg the question of what a truely insane Fae is like...

Prof B Hunnydew

Given that Fae are close to the personification of Magic... Their realm would be mostly or just more Chaotic than Furrae and most planet-star universes.  So, having a BIG-BANG event every one-two Billion years in their universe would not be a Big deal.  But, I wonder if it doesn't have a spillover effect into the mutliverse as a whole.

PBH

Caswin

Quote from: superluser on June 13, 2007, 12:39:42 AM
or does it mean that all the laws are voided
Am I the only one who just thought this and had done with it?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

No. The rest of us were remaining silent, though, and letting all the speculators run wild... soas to provide targets for the admins.

*cough*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

Quote from: Caswin on June 14, 2007, 05:50:30 PM

What?  You mean you can note the difference between two characters having an inside joke and then a few strips later talking about something unrelated?!  And are able to not try tearing every little nuance apart while overthinking things!?

....are...are you god? :<

Alondro

*Charline grins* Oh now I'm DEFINATELY gonna buy it!  Janus shall be able to have it... for a price.   >:3  I don't ask for much.  Just a little date out... for dinner.   :meat
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 14, 2007, 06:47:37 PM

What?  You mean you can note the difference between two characters having an inside joke and then a few strips later talking about something unrelated?!  And are able to not try tearing every little nuance apart while overthinking things!?

No, he hasn't fused with a superintelligent human computer yet.

Zedd

Quote from: Kenji on June 14, 2007, 08:11:27 PM

Not again...

Aleolus

OK.  I'm having a hard time parsing `reset' here.  Does that mean that the monarch who made the original law gets to be ruler again, or does it mean that all the laws are voided, or does it mean that the universe resets to the Big Bang (if that happened in Furrae), or what?

...I hope it doesn't mean the universe resets to the begining.  Knowing what we know of fae so far, that is entirely possible.  Most likely, though, the two laws that contradict themselves cancel out, and then they continue as normal.

On a side note, Amber got her statistics slightly off.  Last I checked, the average person was more afraid of public speaking than they were of dying.  Just a fun fact.

Caswin

*Deep breath*

*Cracks neck*

*Goes into rant mode, loosely inspired by a few scenes from Silence of the Lambs... basically, very fast and staccato, probably accompanied by either an intense stare or an utterly deadpan look*

I like to believe so, partly due to the fact that I can, although more than anything else, this is likely due to a memory that tends to forget everything from more than two comics back, and even that's not exactly a given; for that matter, if there are any juicy secrets in this dialogue to look for, based on past performance and speculation, any hints pertaining to them would more likely be tucked away about a hundred comics back, conveniently rendering any large-scale speculation stemming from the short-term past all but useless and most real hints obscured by a ratio of five red herrings to one clue, three of them unintentional.

For your last question, keeping in line with the only take on God you've created barring yourself - assuming "god" to be a typo; the alternative is to assume a question equivalent to "are you author?" - probably not, seeing as a few monitor-glaring moments notwithstanding, I don't hate you, and in closing,
Quote from: Zedd on June 14, 2007, 08:15:25 PM
Not again...
LOL, quote ziggurat, and goodnight.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Psychogirl

Quote from: Zedd on June 14, 2007, 08:15:25 PM

Not again...

D:  It's Terminator all over again!

Azlan

K, when someone asks you if you're a god... you say YES!
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"