Villain's League (OOC) - Open

Started by Miaka, June 10, 2007, 09:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

I think we're just waiting for Black_Angel...she'll be back in about 2-3 more days, if I remember correctly.

familyghost

Ok then, was wondering what was going on.

techmaster-glitch

Alrighty! Looks like everything's almost taken care of...Liz & Co. just need to get to his house, Release needs to...whatever he's gonna do, and I might see if Miaka can make one last post, and we can finally go to morning! And the Heroes will be back in business, wheeee!

techmaster-glitch

Umm, I actually meant for everyone to just get where they were going to stay for the night, so I could transition the whole RP to morning at once, not everyone do it individually, but I guess this works. People who have already gone to morning, make sure you don't post anything else until everyone is at morning. Except for maybe Miaka, if she doesn't show up. We'll just assume that Boss slipped into the shadows or something...Then, preferably wait for the heroes to do some stuff, but you don't have to.

techmaster-glitch

Alright...I do believe that Black_Angel is the only one who has to update her char status to morning. Then the Villains will all be on the same page, and the Heroes can start back up.

familyghost

I planned on Release making a fashionably late entrance, so you guys can continue plotting with out him for a while.

Angel

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

e_voyager

well i'm back but i have a lot of pages to catch up on before i can post anything. man how busy you guys were
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

e_voyager

i kid you not the hero's league portion has jumped up like wildfire. then main thread my have only grown 3 to for pages but the Rp is alive and thriving form the look of it
:U
opps i wwas confisnes i with teh castle which is in it;s forth incarnaion snice it begain.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

( now would be a good time for the business man to encounter some of Quaddel's spying defenses. After all while when know how he fled the city the business man doesn't and is looking for him after a 2 minute 22 second gap in his surveillance cause by unknown interference during Quaddles city healing spell. )
Heh, well...Quaddle doesn't actually have any spying defenses, aside from a few miles around his base being hidden by an interference field (could be explained by being in the mountains >:3), and the base itself simply not existing, but when he's in the open, he's in the open :B

Damn, I did't realize that I would need some kind of protection from this, and if I put it in now, it's metagaming...
I'll have to wait for a good opportunity for Quaddle to realize they're being tracked when they leave the base without it seeming like metagaming...this is gonna be a toughie.

e_voyager

very well. how about this time  the Deus Ex  comes to your rescue. we know that Red was visited by the powers that be. surely they having kept in track with the times would realized  what would happen and at the time of the meets which was several minutes after  you recovered then could have set up interference of there own to protect their chosen and her allies. and electrical storm or perhaps sun spot activity.

You know if red's player scrips it well then Quaddel and the others need never know what occurred and the business man's warnings have that much more weight. this will hold true even throng the business man will have no direct proof  of divine intervention and may not even suspect it at the point.

I have not objections because this is  a gambit on the part of the DarkE and not who that he pinned his hopes one. also it's kind of hard for him to concentrate with his other lutenit using him as a scratching  post and ruining another 5000$ dollar suit.(this happens when she feels he's been ignoring her and worrying too much about work) if not then he'll simply track them until he reaches the interference wall. need a rough estimate as to were he'll be blocked through you three decided that)

techmaster-glitch

I'm not sure quite what you're on about the divine intervention stuff, but I'm mostly leaving that alone and treating it as affecting, and concerning only, Lucas and Red Anvil.

However, I think I may have a better idea...how about it simply be difficult to actually find them, but once found, easy to track? That makes more sense, and actually works almost the exact same way Quaddle's own scrying does, putting us on even ground. So, if your sats were frazzled by the mutation reversal explosion for roughly two minutes, the three have already gotten the heck outta Dodge, and are high-tailing to the base. To find them again, you would have to start searching in a grid-like or circular pattern because they could have gone in any direction, but of course, that kind of search wouldn't catch up to them unless they stopped or detoured (which they didn't), thus effectively making them 'slip away'. This makes it so the only time it's practical to actually look for them is when you already know what general area they're in or where they're headed.

How does that sound? No deus ex machina, no divine intervention, no metagaming :3

lucas marcone

tech you may want to read up on when Red got her hammer then. even with the powers that be on her side, these are the affairs of mortals and thus they can not directly aid them.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: lucas marcone on December 03, 2007, 01:28:33 AM
tech you may want to read up on when Red got her hammer then. even with the powers that be on her side, these are the affairs of mortals and thus they can not directly aid them.
I think you're talking to E, actually, he's the one who seemed to have a suggestion regarding that.

As for me, I deliberately ignored most of that post, because those are particular waters I really don't like to swim, which is why I said I'm considering it as only concerning your charcater. In my imagining, Quaddle didn't even see it.

lucas marcone

well concerning the theological origins of my character it was bound to pop up sooner or later. honestly that's the last you'll see of the big guy. though pleading ignorance due to contrversy seems kinda.....weak.

techmaster-glitch

e_voyager

nods got it the hard to find angle works for me. i've already stated that the businessman is both flustered and distracted and that the way he found them before was due to following the explosions. two minutes twelve seconds is a short time to recover and leave but it's possible. especially if your a regeneration of some sort and since most of the damage wasn't physical  there no saying when you left the city i can work with that. it could buy you a few days to a few weeks time as the footage is gone over time and time again.

Oh Lucas i was not trying to suggest anything underhanded but as it was stated their meeting was private which would hint to  me that not spying intentional or unintentional would be allowed so any surveillance equipment pointed there way would be disarmed or disrupted. he holds to the higher path and though he would protected his privacy he would do it in a way that the natural would would cover and compensate for which is why i mad the suggestions i made.

one last thing. why would magic affect technology? well i'm not expert but i would have to say energy. magic is in it's puts form a time of energy and energy affected the natural world and unnatural world as well. A spell the size of the one used to clear the city would have to set up shock waves of some sort and those shock waves could conceivably knock the computer systems off line or plug the sensors form feedback. if it can clear a sewers below ground then i'm sure it can affect the atmosphere and stop a satellites for at least a little while. the time i picked was random based on the aver time it took for my old windows system to boot up.

but now i need to go red the IC thread and consider my reply to what has been wrought.

(oh on last thing can you im me the profile i posted in the other thread i don't have a copy of webs profile that's been updated)

lucas marcone

e_voyager

no worries. but i still need a copy of William Eric boareavs(however you spell the name of the guy Form FFtactites) if you get the chance. i promised not to read the thread now that i'm not applying to be a hero anymore. i'm waiting until about Friday to see before i bring the businessman back. you know to see what happens then the business man and Baika go shopping to please her and stop her form ripping up expensive suites off of her boss back. i think they'll spend the night in the hotel as well. she may be feline but she'd shill a teen age girl at heart and loves to shop. and play in yarn.

lucas marcone

e_voyager

in the hero thread i had proposed a character. i don't have a copy of that character's details so i was wondering if you or glitch could pm them to me. i don't visit that thread anymore. the rest is just rambling due to lack of sleep from working all night.

techmaster-glitch

Oh, you need your hero profile back? I'll take care of that now.

e_voyager

lucas marcone

it might be a while before i post because a friend of mine is being pretty much shuned by his entire church for playing Magic the Gathering tradeing card game. they want him to burn his cards in order to continue to go to church there and because i play the same game and am related to the proprioters of the establishment and am good friends with one of their children i am LIVID and need a while to cool down.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: lucas marcone on December 06, 2007, 10:43:08 PM
...is being pretty much shuned by his entire church for playing Magic the Gathering tradeing card game. they want him to burn his cards in order to continue to go to church...
I cannot believe the audacity and stupidity of these fundies every time I hear about them.

e_voyager

indeed i can't believe how often i see or hear about things like that. it's enough to drive one batty. i could rant for an hour on the subject but it would do no good and i'll just get myself worked up for no reason.

lucas marcone

it's all fantasy. it's all that needs said. if you ban magic why not lord of the rings? better yet all fantasy books, science and rock and roll while you're at it! let's all have a good ole fashioned book burnin' yup yup!

e_voyager

just for those interested my Rue is a corruptions of this Rue who comes form a virtually dead world after on or two sequel of the game threads of fate. mint has found a relic who's magic react badly with her own and the demon that she an rue face namely my self darkE 3rd edition. ( so called because he is the melding of three souls and the third E to call himself evil or dark hence darkE3)  in the current RP world he's been portraying the role of a mortal for about a life time and has spent the last 50 years or so creating a far spread virtually unknown organization who member barely know what they are part of including more of his expendable spies and corrupt officials. he is not the entity of evil of this world as he is a foreign visitor  who's making a stop here and decided to play around about a century or so back keeping it pretty low profile and hiding as  a business many in America since that is one of the best places for and evil entity to amuse power with out arousing suspicion.

his most powerful non transformation mode is when he loses his hat and his forehead crystal is visible. in this mode his strike takes on an aspect of death. his blocking power decreases  by about half but his strike is such that it will cleave most things and it's very nearness will drag at the soul / life force of his enemy. Rue enters this mode ( which i call death_rue ) on yahoo when he's temporally abandons his humanity. it's a little out of date i'll have too update it later this week or next but i've had this character for a while. his basice info shold be there as well.

familyghost

I won't be around for the next few days so if anyone responds to anything I've been saying/doing it might take a bit to respond.