Villain's League (OOC) - Open

Started by Miaka, June 10, 2007, 09:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boog

Oh, close to the top? I'll change it accordingly. I thought he was on ground level.

nikename2

Well you did use your voice as a loud speaker, no doubt "someone or something else" heard you. Plus it can also probably pick up your scent too since it seems to be alive and genetically enhanced.

techmaster-glitch

No, he deliberately went high up,
he turned the next corner, he went up, up, up, and through the window of an office building.
so he could recharge in peace.

To Xeksue: Alright. I'll give you that. But even if you find Quaddle, then you gotta catch him >:3

Boog

techmaster-glitch

Yeah, I figured as much. Guess he's not gonna have as much peace as he wanted :<

Boog

techmaster-glitch

techmaster-glitch

The Van was trying for subtlety. While it couldn't think, it COULD hunt,

The sought thing could fly and it could not, so it couldn't simply rush it without ensuring it would not go through the window.

H...How?!? How can it come up with that if it can't think?

Boog

Best way of putting it is to describe it in terms of a hunting animal. It's not intelligent in the way we are, it doesn't really think coherently, but it doesn't hunt stupid either.

techmaster-glitch

There's a difference between not hunting stupidly, and actually figureing something out. If it can't think, I can't see how it could actually realize that Quaddle was setting it up. No animal, no matter how "smartly" it hunts, could ever come up with something like that, except for exceptionally intelligent creatures that aren't even hunters. Monkeys, dolphins, and some birds are an example of something that might, just might be able to deduce something like that. But I doubt it. No hunting animal is ever even that smart.

It's a dumb biological monstosity. My point is, I just don't get it :C

But oh well. I had actually thought Anastasia got out of The Van, so I guess having it barrel out a window wouldn't be too good for your character ;)

Boog

No, not good at all. As for figuring that out, it didn't know it was being set up. Just that going out the window would suck.

techmaster-glitch

Oh, one thing that slightly confuses me. Where exactly is The Van? Is it right underneath Quaddle, ready to punch through the floor? That's what I'm visualizing...

Boog

Nnno. Same room. It just leaped up from the stairway, darted to the side, and roared at him.

techmaster-glitch

nikename2

QuoteHe was Wrath incarnate.

I'd like to make one thing clear here, he isn't actually the Sin Wrath. I'm just pointing out that he is just really, really, pissed off.  :D

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Xeksue on September 11, 2007, 01:07:37 AM
QuoteHe was Wrath incarnate.

I'd like to make one thing clear here, he isn't actually the Sin Wrath. I'm just pointing out that he is just really, really, pissed off.  :D

Then you should probably make the W lowercase...

Little details, y'know... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

I didn't assume the Wrath thing, but I could tell he's losing it...

And by the way Xeksue, you (like everyone else) seem to keep assuming that when Quaddle flys off to go find more mobs, he goes in a straight line down one street. Incorrect. He zigzags, turns corners, goes everywhere he can.

nikename2

Yeah next time you should make that more obvious then.

techmaster-glitch

Angel

Sweet Mary and Joseph! I don't post for one school day and everything happens all of a sudden?! I need more spare time...
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

nikename2

Quote from: Black_angel on September 11, 2007, 03:28:58 PM
Sweet Mary and Joseph! I don't post for one school day and everything happens all of a sudden?! I need more spare time...

The amulet my convenient plot device gave you should help you out though.  :3

Like I said, basically it'll deflect any mystical attack, but won't help you if your meleeing. Eventually though it will run out of power. That won't happen within the span of the ongoing battle though.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Xeksue on September 11, 2007, 05:41:40 PM

Like I said, basically it'll deflect any mystical attack, but won't help you if your meleeing. Eventually though it will run out of power. That won't happen within the span of the ongoing battle though.

Plot-convenient... or self-convenient? >:O

Oh well. Makes no difference. I've been planning Quaddle's next moves, and he actually, coincidentally, is going to switch to melee, mostly.
Though this tornado-thing might be a bit of a problem...

AND JUST WHOSE SIDE ARE THOSE TWO LITTLE FREAKS ON, ANYWAY??

EDIT: Just reread and realized, the tornado is what made the amulet. Right?

Angel

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 11, 2007, 07:41:50 PM
Quote from: Xeksue on September 11, 2007, 05:41:40 PM

Those sound like the same thing...

Oh well. Makes no difference. I've been planning Quaddle's next moves, and he actually, coincidentally, is going to switch to melee, mostly.
Though this tornado-thing might be a bit of a problem...

AND JUST WHOSE SIDE ARE THOSE TWO LITTLE FREAKS ON, ANYWAY??

EDIT: Just reread and realized, the tornado is what made the amulet. Right?

Yes. And the 'two little freaks' helped out Liz. So they're on his side; and Liz is on the bad side. So by proxy (and through Quaddle's eyes if he ever happened to meet them), they're evil.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Black_angel on September 11, 2007, 08:39:25 PM
Those sound like the same thing...

Not quite.

plot-convenient means that his actions are intended to assist the plot, ie, the GM and, hopefully, everyone else, as well as himself.

self-convenient means that his actions are mainly to help himself.

Bear in mind that these are scales, and not absolutes, so there will be times when a person is more plot-convenient, and times when they are more self-convenient. What is required is -balance-.

.. this is all from a general point of view, and not naming any names or being at all specific, or even pointing at -anyone- - just in case anything thinks I'm making a subtle dig. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

nikename2

Well I effectively removed my character from the scene at the moment, thats because I'm going to have alot of stuff coming up in the coming weeks so I won't really be able to do much, yet at the same time I didn't want to leave the villians high and dry so I had the boys give Liz the amulet to help even the playing field.

They aren't on anyones side, they are mainly concerned/pissed off at Daemon, which will be "explained later". But since Daemon has spent alot of time with Liz recently it made more sense for them to help him out for their own ends and to win over Daemon for their own twisted motives (whether they succeed depends on whether I want to stay in this RP or not in the future).

Plus I felt I kinda jumped shark with Daemon in the post before the last one so I wanted to put a stop to that in my own way.

Angel

Um, Boogey? I'm a bit confused about direction. I'm pretty sure Liz and Red are fighting on the street. How could they be fighting above you?
BANDWAGON JUMP!

techmaster-glitch

That and the breif skirmish between Quaddle and Daemonn happened right outside the window, she should have seen it.

And, oh yeah--she doesn't know Quaddle's name yet! She doesn't even know who or what he is. She's gonna have to learn from Liz, probably, since Daemon is whacked up at the moment.

Boog

Quote from: Black_angel on September 13, 2007, 08:52:08 PM
Um, Boogey? I'm a bit confused about direction. I'm pretty sure Liz and Red are fighting on the street. How could they be fighting above you?
Sorry, thought you were on one of the rooftops. As for Quaddle and Daemon, after the skirmish didn't Daemon go chasing after our Red Wonder? Besides, she doesn't know his name. that's just the narrative. Off to fix stuff I am.

techmaster-glitch

The narrative just sounds better when it's from character knowledge, but meh. It's not a real problem.

nikename2

Nope, Daemon basically disappeared after Liz got the amulet from the boys, who also disappeared. No one saw that happen except for Black Angel's character. Luc's hero may have seen the tornado/orb of darkness though, which would tip her off that something wrong was happening over there though.