06/06/07 [#793] Needs more puppets

Started by Kasarn, June 06, 2007, 03:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

There's still the question of why Jyrras should want to go into the Fae realm.  Sense of scientific curiosity, maybe, but there's really no reason to take Mab and Nutmeg up on their offer.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Psaakyrn on June 06, 2007, 06:52:27 AM
Is it just me, or is Mab starting to be more like Fa'Lina? At the very least, she seems to have lost quite a bit of her innocent demeanour..

Wwwwwwwwelll, if you ask me, both Fa'lina and Mab are, from what we've seen, members of the Insanely Powerful/Powerfully Insane classifications of entities in the DMFA continuum.  Like Fa'lina, I suspect, Mab is far, far more intelligent AND prescient than she generally appears.  (Fa'lina's been showing off more lately due to it being extremely plot-convenient for her to do so...)

In short, Mab has only seemed innocent in the past, and we're seeing something more akin to the "deeper" Mab now.  However this doesn't mean she doesn't prefer being silly and cute, and in fact I'd expect her to snap back to her usualy cheery, seemingly scatterbrained self any time now.

Senko

Fa'lina, Fa'lina why does that name seem so familiar?

I think Mab just finds the story so horribly boring she's using the lack of puppets as an excuse to get out of telling it.

kaskar

:mowmeep Fae live an extremely long time. Why should she not take a century off now and again to have fun and relax. Maybe they come in from their universe and role play for a century having fun, then return home ...

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 06, 2007, 07:26:12 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2007, 08:07:17 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on June 06, 2007, 08:03:55 AM
quick! somebody give Mab coffee!  >:3
A Fae on a caffeine high?  That could be fun, although you probably wouldn't want to get too close.

... like the same universe...

Quote from: Kryptic on June 06, 2007, 03:30:58 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on June 06, 2007, 01:47:56 PM
Meet the race where everyone has ADHD.
I resent that remark! We with ADHD are much more... twitchy.

And we would never have the patience/attention span for a list of things to hug.

Indeed! And we wouldn't have the attention span to...

... what were we talking about again?

:mowhappy   I wonder what amazing patches and other things Jyrras could make in the fae world ? It is the source  of the power, and as Mab pointed out, each fae is best at one type of magic. Maybe this is why Mab's magic may be a bit 'off key' at times.         
8) Just Hanging Around ...

AnizInDisguise

Hey! There is nothing wrong ...... with........ *floats up to ceiling*

I am thinking of pygmy marmosets, oddly.

Azlan

Puppets make everything better, like Mab's little Fae discourse...

The fae mind certainly is a strange thing, the race is very chaotic it seems... random, whimsical and carefree.  They at least appear that way, though they are capable of being serious there seems to be little call for it... boring stuff and what. 
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Netrogo

Quote from: Senko on June 06, 2007, 11:34:41 PM
Fa'lina, Fa'lina why does that name seem so familiar?

I think Mab just finds the story so horribly boring she's using the lack of puppets as an excuse to get out of telling it.

You. Don't. Remember. Who. Fa'lina. Is? WOW, and I thought I had a bad memory :mowdizzy

She's the pink haired, poodle cubi that runs SAIA.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

MaskedRetriever

Poodlecubi Poodlecubi Poodlecubi Poodlecubi Poodlecubi Poodlecubi Poodlecubi--

Uh, what?  Oh, I got distracted again.. :3

kaskar

:mowhappy            Why is it a case of "Why should Jyrras go into the Fae kingdom" , when it should be a case of " why not " ? He  wanted to do something that day, he can do this ...

( Why does the Fae Kingdom make my mind think , " Ultimate Improbability ? " )

Re: Maybe I just don't think ...

Senko

Thans Netrogo thought it sounded familiar, my memories an odd thing I can remember most things in near perfect detail if I want to with the exception of names and formula's.

Manawolf

And we would never have the patience/attention span for a list of things to hug.

I make lists, dammit!  Those with ADHD can be quite determined when set to a task they wish to perform.  How do you explain the repeated spear stabbings from Mab?

kaskar

:mowninja It is a highly improbable world. It is like in a cartoon, noone really dies. Magic things happen at will. Anyone from there will probably keep those attributes here . They are the plauge carriers of magic ...

Turnsky

Quote from: Manawolf on June 07, 2007, 04:34:50 AM

I make lists, dammit!  Those with ADHD can be quite determined when set to a task they wish to perform.  How do you explain the repeated spear stabbings from Mab?

Fae are mind over matter it seems, if they don't mind, it don't matter!  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: kaskar on June 07, 2007, 01:48:05 AM
     ( Why does the Fae Kingdom make my mind resonate with the thought , " Ultimate Improbability Drive ? " )

I have no idea. I mean, it doesn't even resonate with the Infinite Improbability Drive, at the heart of the Heart of Gold. Nor with the usual use of Finite Improbability Drives, when powered at parties.

Although I don't usually get invited to those sorts of parties...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

Why not have a sending off party in the fae world, and have all the " Lost Lake " gang there ... Mab likes parties. Don't you  ?

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: kaskar on June 07, 2007, 06:58:39 AM

Why not have a sending off party in the fae world, and have all the " Lost Lake " gang there ... Mab likes parties. Don't you  ?

Oooo, party fun! Huh, what? What were we talking about again?

Caswin

Y'know, I actually can't remember that many instances in the past where Mab was forced to drop her floofy-and-aloof demeanor, even for a moment.  There was Dan's near-death experience waaay back when, but outside of that...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

LionHeart

Which one? The one where he was killed by Dark Pegasus, or the one where Aaryana nearly killed him?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

kaskar

:mowmeep   Dan got a black eye in the 4th comic strip, when Mab said, we are not going adventuring with Amazons, and Dan held up a ( leather amazon ? ) bikini, and said, " Oh well, you may well keep this then ... "
That was one angry fae feline ...

Wolf Plushtoy

Quote from: superluser on June 06, 2007, 09:23:15 PM
There's still the question of why Jyrras should want to go into the Fae realm.  Sense of scientific curiosity, maybe, but there's really no reason to take Mab and Nutmeg up on their offer.

Other than that whole sense of friendship thing.

(And an excuse to postpone a difficult conversation or two.)

Caswin

Quote from: LionHeart on June 08, 2007, 02:43:38 AM
Which one? The one where he was killed by Dark Pegasus, or the one where Aaryana nearly killed him?
...ah.  Right.  I was actually talking about Dark Pegasus, but both of them, I guess.

Still, outside of a near-death experience...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Azlan

The fae kingdom is like Camelot... it's a silly place.

Nutmeg has some nice damage reduction.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Azlan on June 08, 2007, 09:09:36 PM
The fae kingdom is like Camelot... it's a silly place.
Cue the musical number!

(I saw a bit of the stage show on TV recently. It took me about an hour to stop laughing.)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

kaskar

Quote from: Azlan on June 08, 2007, 09:09:36 PM
:mowhappy The fae kingdom is like Camelot... it's a silly place.

;)Nutmeg has some nice damage reduction.
:erk Does she have enough damage reduction for emergencies ?