DMFA #791--(June 1, 2007) A mind-snapping good time!

Started by techmaster-glitch, June 01, 2007, 01:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

Prof B Hunnydew

Jyrras' mind seems to snap anytime he is around Mab...I will vote for all of the above. 

But really, Why is Mab giving Nutmeg what she wants so easily.. I know she is a good gal and all.  But The queen is the only one, we have seen to really tick Mab off..  Not even DP could do that for long. 

Mmmm Will Mab have a special request of Nutmeg after this? or before she gives up her mother's soul?

And what relationship will Mab be to the Queen and/or the new princess?  Oh wait Can the Fae mother change the gender of the recycled soul?  Can Mab's "dead" mother become a Prince? 

PBH

Stig Hemmer

Quote from: superluser on June 01, 2007, 02:09:03 AMWhat if your landlord kicked you out and then asked you to babysit for her?  I'd be pleasantly surprised to find that every member of this forum would babysit.

But of course!  I love children... they must be well done though.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on June 01, 2007, 02:00:14 PM

I prefer medium rare, although some must be parboiled for 5 hours or so to make them tender enough to eat...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

Im great with children, they cling to my face and think my head makes a funny sound when kicked. Most of the ones ive taken care of love to be tossed in the air, so i have spent some time developing the toddler shuriken.

QuoteIt pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for subtlety.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

techmaster-glitch

Edited the comic number, it was 791 not 790. :B  Thanks to AndersW for notifying me. :3

rabid_fox

There's something very "Classic DMFA" about Mab's expression in the second panel, isn't there?

Oh dear.

AnizInDisguise

Yes, I do believe you're right. I can't quite put my finger on why though.

GabrielsThoughts

yes, it's the Aniz/ Dan I'm a bad-ass, got something up my sleeve pose.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Madmann135

I must say Mab is a real nice gal.  She gets kicked out of her home kingdom, the one who kicked her out, Mab stabs her with pointy things every time they see each other.  Mab hates Nutmeg and even said so YET Mab would not want to hinder in Nutmeg's happiness by not allowing her to have a child.

Mab is truly one of a kind.  She hates Nutmeg but would not want to deny her a chance of happiness.  I mean a number of people would go out of their way to deny said individual a chance at happiness yet Mab is content with making Nutmeg into a spear cushion.

Oh and Jyrras's brain snapped, the most recent time, somewhere between spear 1 being 'removed' and spear 2 being 'inserted.'

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Naldru

Quote from: Tycoon on June 01, 2007, 05:49:33 AM
I still wonder if Mab has some hidden motives, other than the seemingly altruistic nature of giving the soul of her parents to her mortal enemy...

Anyways, nice Amber cameo! I wonder when HER mind snapped.  :P

Can you have a mortal enemy if you are immortal.

If someone is mean to me, I  believe in being nice to them.  Sometimes you have misunderstood them, and they really don't deserve the nastiness.  Sometimes they can change.  And if they are really nasty and unable to change, nothing drives them as far up the wall as being nice to them.  And in that case, they deserve it.

Quote from: Alondro on June 01, 2007, 09:50:52 AM
Quote from: Tycoon on June 01, 2007, 05:49:33 AM
Anyways, nice Amber cameo! I wonder when HER mind snapped.  :P

*Charles grins evily*  Oh, Amber's mind snapped after the first time she was at Anthrocon.  She was a timid lil thing then, hiding in the corners going  :mowmeep  But then, the essence of furry insanity TOOK CONTROL!!!  Now she is one of us.   >:3

*Charline gnaws on random forumites*  Don't question my motives, for I too outlive civilizations!   :3

The secret of people at Anthrocon is that they are actually the only sane ones.

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

techmaster-glitch

slight edit to the poll topic, for less confusion. (because seriously, if we were counting ALL the times that Jyrras' mind snapped through the comic, the list would go onto UNGOLDY INFINITY! :U)

Just incase anyone cares (and almost certainly doesn't) My vote was for Nutmeg blowing the spear clear out of her chest.  :P THAT was funny.
I've also decided that I will close the poll when the next regular comic comes out, just for the sake of having a set time-frame to make it possible for a tally of final votes.

Aleolus

Aww, isn't Mab being nice!  Something tells me Mab's starting to get over her anger towards Nutmeg.  And I bet he stopped seeing or thinking anything when Albanion morphed into Nutmeg.   

Alondro

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on June 01, 2007, 02:00:14 PM
Quote from: superluser on June 01, 2007, 02:09:03 AMWhat if your landlord kicked you out and then asked you to babysit for her?  I'd be pleasantly surprised to find that every member of this forum would babysit.

*Charline points accusingly at Stig*  See?  I'm not the most ebil one here!  That one's a cannibal!   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Netrogo

You make it sound as if cannibalism were a bad thing.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Valynth

Of course it is!  I mean, how else are we going to tell the difference between you and a zombie?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Damaris

Well, some of the forumers are a bit uncommunicative, so that's a valid point.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

kaskar

:mowmeep Please ignore page. Accidental transmission ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

kaskar

:mowignore Please ignore page. Accidental transmission ...

kaskar

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 01, 2007, 01:28:49 AM
LMFAO ROFL LOL!!!!!   :mowhappy *edit* and the date, please
EDIT: Notification to anyone who may not have voted yet, poll will be closed when the next regular comic comes out, that that will be on Monday! Vote now, while you still have a chance! THE POWER OF ALUMINUM COMPELS YOU!
Quote from: kaskar on June 01, 2007, 11:54:37 PM
:mowmeep
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 01, 2007, 10:04:39 AM
*swats Charlene with a rolled up newspaper*
:mowmeepI'm not sure it's Jyrras who's snapped so much as Amber... *notices Charline nibbling on someone else and swats her with a newspaper again.*
:mowmeep Is Jyrras using a magical 'patch' to retain his sanity? Remember how helpful Mab was in the making of all the patches ?  Among all those patches, there must be at least one for stability of mind ...
:mowmeep Mental stability is just a state of Mind. However, in the mind snapping poll, we do not have the option of whos'e mind has snapped . Is it it Jyrras, Lorenda, Amber, Mab, or Nutmeg, with a possibility of the various groups. and characters ./quote]
:mowmeep  Did Jyrras have his mind pop in increduality when Mab said to Nutmeg that she would consider her request for the mother's soul. Even some of the readers may have suffered unreality shock then ...
:mowmeep Now we need a list of all the minds that have snapped yet, or are very loose, to work out the real damage ...
:mowmeep  Even I find this page too much to swallow ...

Kragoth

I for one stand with Jyrras in this. What-the-frig?

"Just because I hate you, doesn't mean you can't have my mother's soul for your child!"

DUUUUUHHHH????

*starts drooling brains*

Brunhidden

note that she did not say "you can have it" she said nutmeg has a change to get it

i am imagining mabb doing the Dr. Evil finger thing and saying "one kagillion cookies"

QuoteLife happens too fast for you ever to think about it. If you could just persuade people of this, but they insist on amassing information.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

MaskedRetriever

Mab's reply makes perfect sense, really.  It's WEIRD, yeah, but it certainly jives with her personality.

She's got a lot of bad feelings for Nutmeg.  Stabbings are surely in order, of course, but Mab is also, at least on the "big stuff" level, supernaturally mature.  On more than one occasion, she's been the voice of sublime reason, pointing out how foolish conflict is, or saving the day with a timely peacable alliance.

So faced with a chance to give an enemy a chance at real happiness, of the kind that could qualitatively alter their relationship, Mab is only too happy to go for it, take a chance at changing the way things are going, and maybe start the process that will bury the hatchet.

And by making her point clear that all is still NOT forgiven, Mab makes certain that Nutmeg won't think that she's somehow "off the hook" to make things right.

You GO Mab.

Netrogo

I hadn't thought of it like that MR, but you're actually right. Wow, I have new found respect for Mab. Well I already respected her but now I have a new found form of respect for her.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Wolf Plushtoy

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on June 02, 2007, 11:14:45 AMand maybe start the process that will bury the hatchet.

After all, burying those spears straight through Nutmeg's torso doesn't seem to be helping matters, so why not try a hatchet instead?

AnizInDisguise

But still, is it easier to bury a spear or a hatchet?

Aridas

Naldru

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 02, 2007, 08:24:15 PM
burying a pear is easier than it appears.
I believe that he meant a spear.  Although burying a pear could result in a pear tree (with or without partridge), which could be a memorial to the start of a beautiful friendship.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Aridas

If I acknowledge the typo, I couldn't make the pun.

llearch n'n'daCorna

And, as we all know, that would kill the punch.

Not to mention not looking half as witty...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears