The Honor Circle (Call for interest, OOC)

Started by TheGreyRonin, February 15, 2007, 02:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreyRonin

Come on in! The more the...well the more! LOL

Seriously, good to have you onboard.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, so you -are- still around. I was wondering...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

TheGreyRonin

I am and I'm not. My schedule has been really weird as of late, with last-second changes and unexpected days off. Mix in a flare-up of my seizures, and it's anybody's guess when I'll be here or not.

I'm also one of those rare people that tends to keep quiet if they feel they have nothing to add to a conversation, and since I was the last person to post anything in the game, I'm waiting on others before I add.

(I only talk to myself in r/t. LOL)

llearch n'n'daCorna

heh. Yeah, I like to think I keep quiet if I have nothing to say, too.

... of course, my post count seems to refute that claim. Either that or I have something to say on a -lot- of subjects... :-]

TheGreyRonin

I've noticed that when I come in and see a topic I'm interested in, I quite often see at least two people posted the same thing I would say, so why repeat?

On-topic....I dare someone to go over and give the Queen a noogie. It'd be....interesting... LOL

llearch n'n'daCorna

TheGreyRonin

Oh, yes. But be prepared to be challenged by her...maybe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... My other temptation is to cry "Nae King! Nae Quin! Nae laird! Nae Master! We willnae be fool again!", and run for it...

lucas marcone

and that means what exactly? some people don't read or watch some things they should.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah... it's a quote from the Nac Mac Feegle, from a book by Terry Pratchett - The Wee Free Men.

Basically - they're a race of pictsies, about 6 inches high, tattooed blue, wear kilts, carry swords as big as they are, and run around stealing. And drinking. And fighting. And drinking and fighting. And drinking and stealing. And fighting and stealing. And stealing and drinking and fighting....

If it's not nailed down, it's asking to be stolen, in their view. (that includes things like eggs - you tell me how you're supposed to nail an egg down) And the easiest way to call them up is to find a bottle of the sort of drink that un-tarnishes spoons, and open it.

They also steal cattle. Usually takes four of them to steal one cow - they pick up a hoof each, and start running. If you see a cow travelling, backwards, through a field at high speed with its legs not moving, it's probably pictsies.

Oh, and they believe they're already dead. After all, they must be in heaven, what with all the drinking and stealing and fighting laid on for them.... :-]

They're lots of fun to read. They're also very individualistic, so a "call our battle cry!" will get each of them screaming a -different- battle cry: "there can be only one t'ousand!" "Nac Mac Feegle wae hae!" "Wae hae yersel', yer ..." "Up yer trakkins!" "ye'll tak th' high road an' I'll tak yer wallet!" ...

They're rebels. They're generally not really sure what they're rebelling against, unless it's everyone and everything, but they ran away from the Queen a while back, and she's still upset about it... So are they...

*cough* Let's just say... it's more or less waving a big fat finger in the air, and you can bet it's not a very polite gesture. :-]

TheGreyRonin

Well, I know I've been spending a lot of my recent time flat on my back, and not in a pleasant way. Where has everyone else been?

Not sure what the protocol is for this, but if the admins want to move the IC thread to storage, I have no gripes.

It was fun, folks, and I thank you. If I get my health issues straightened out, I look forward to giving her another shot, or joining one of your RP's.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I do. Have gripes about moving it to storage, I mean. It was just getting interesting. :-/

Having said that, there's a difference between what I'd -like- to do, and what my position -requires- me to do... So don't expect my preferences to save the thread. :-(

TheGreyRonin

If interest is ever expressed again, I feel pretty certain it could be revived in another thread or such. *shrugs* I have been stopping by to check it every day or two; I suppose it's just that time of year/month/week/whatever where people are busy.

And since it's not really a traditional RP, it can be mothballed and revived later.