[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fragmaster01

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 18, 2011, 02:30:24 PMIf someone has a good Central London accent, it might be fun to have someone voice Jakob.  I'm already doing Merlitz and Pip.
I can give a go for it when I'm not quite so sick, though I imagine it won't be deep enough for what you're thinking of.

Mystiqe

I can try and get a hold of 'im and see if he can do anything :)

James StarRunner

Nope, I can't. :B

At least not today as it's a special day. :3

Fragmaster01

Update: I have become more ill. I shall try and get something Jakoby for you to listen to this weekend, but no promises. Vicodin does not mix with microphones.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on October 14, 2011, 01:59:27 PM
Update: I have become more ill. I shall try and get something Jakoby for you to listen to this weekend, but no promises. Vicodin does not mix with microphones.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a good combination...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

KumikoTsumi

I...I feel like a late noob for asking but are you looking for anyone to voice a girl character or ect.?

Tapewolf

Quote from: KumikoTsumi on November 14, 2011, 05:36:40 PM
I...I feel like a late noob for asking but are you looking for anyone to voice a girl character or ect.?

Usually, yes.  There's normally a shortage of female roles.  However, with our lead actor still on involuntary hiatus, we're kind of stuck at the moment.

KumikoTsumi

Oh...that's a shame....well if you ever need someone to voice a girl (or a boy -gets shot-) I'd be glad to help! :)

justacritic

This is interesting enough to make me want to join...
Should I send you a voice clip to see what sort of character I would fit?

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on December 09, 2011, 02:01:09 PM
This is interesting enough to make me want to join...
Should I send you a voice clip to see what sort of character I would fit?

Could you upload it somewhere and post a link here?

James StarRunner

http://www.mediafire.com/?t9lf461vz54ezyf

Gah... Not as much as I'd hoped for, had so many coughing fits trying to do a prolonged scream, it kinda wore my voice out early. Putting this up right away just in case as I don't want to record this a fourth time!... Stoopid computer and eating important things...

Anyways, these are from comics 908-921.

Tapewolf

Fantastic.  How I have missed doing Dark Pegasus...

Tezkat

Oooooh... are we actually recording any arcs again? :3
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on January 11, 2012, 02:11:09 PM
Oooooh... are we actually recording any arcs again? :3

That's the plan, yeah.  Of course, this has happened on a day when I have about 4 other projects all competing for my attention simultaneously.  However, I will try and put together a demo of Dan and DP over the next couple of days.

Tezkat

The magic hidden question there was: "Is there anything for Tez to record?" :mowtongue

James StarRunner

Seeing as you basically do half the cast... probably. :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on January 11, 2012, 05:50:19 PM
The magic hidden question there was: "Is there anything for Tez to record?" :mowtongue

I have Jyrras up to 998, by the looks.  If you're bored, everything afterwards would be nice to have.
Specifically that's:  1007, 1019-1023, 1025, 1031-1033  ...We'll probably end RoDP here, so these are the priority.

Future arcs:
1120, 1140-1144, 1162(?), 1171-1177, 1180, 1183, 1186-1192, 1197-1198, 1228, 1248-1250, 1253-1255, 1264, 1266-1268, 1270-1271

James StarRunner

Two updates in a week? Something must be wrong with me?

Dan lines 924-962
http://www.mediafire.com/?wdbybkg3wc5yd38
Probably one of the few times I will EVER say "banana turd" so that I don't say b*******.

Ti'Bloopers
http://www.mediafire.com/?tlkp4l5n05tp485

Chakat Blackspots

With this radio project, is it only doing specific arcs, or will it do the entire comic?

Tezkat

Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on January 14, 2012, 03:37:02 PM
With this radio project, is it only doing specific arcs, or will it do the entire comic?

The project's easier to manage when we only focus on one or two arcs at a time, but ultimately we'd like to record the whole thing. We already have a few complete arcs posted. We're mainly limited by the availability of our VAs and often end up working around whatever it is they've managed to submit.
:mowcookie

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Tezkat on January 14, 2012, 05:28:00 PM
Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on January 14, 2012, 03:37:02 PM

The project's easier to manage when we only focus on one or two arcs at a time, but ultimately we'd like to record the whole thing. We already have a few complete arcs posted. We're mainly limited by the availability of our VAs and often end up working around whatever it is they've managed to submit.
:mowcookie

Yeah, I've downloaded those three.  Though I have noticed that lines were added that weren't there in the comic.  Particularly true the "Daniel T'Fiona  - Warrior For Hire".   The honest truth is that I have always thought this comic would make an awesome movie or animated TV series.  There's what, 10 years of comics?

Jairus

Oh, is this starting up again? Been a while, hasn't it?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Okay.  I haven't used the new parts yet because... well, see below.  I'd like to get that sorted first.  So I voiced part of it myself, where I ran out of James.

This is just a test:
http://tapewolf.wildernessguardians.com/dmfarp/dp916-v2.wav.mp3

I would also like some feedback on whether I should continue to use the effected Dark Pegasus voice, or look at rerecording it all dry.  We did it with the pitch shifting for 'Warrior for Hire' but if people think it would sound better for me to just use my straight Dark Pegasus voice with no additional effects, I can do that.

Here's an example of what it would be like:
http://tapewolf.wildernessguardians.com/dmfarp/dp_noshifting.wav.mp3

Quote from: James StarRunner on January 12, 2012, 11:10:05 PM
Two updates in a week? Something must be wrong with me?
Probably one of the few times I will EVER say "banana turd" so that I don't say b*******.

Could you rerecord that bit?  Firstly, it's distorting.  Secondly, I would appreciate it if you were to record yourself calling him a "basket case".  I think I might be able to get Dan to say the word even if you feel it is not virtuous to record it yourself...

Also, I'd be interested in the WAV versions of these because it doesn't sound as clean as the WAV version of the first set.  If that's not a problem.

Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on January 14, 2012, 07:21:59 PM
Yeah, I've downloaded those three.  Though I have noticed that lines were added that weren't there in the comic.  Particularly true the "Daniel T'Fiona  - Warrior For Hire".   The honest truth is that I have always thought this comic would make an awesome movie or animated TV series.  There's what, 10 years of comics?

Sometimes that's because James won't say the line.  Sometimes it's because the line has been recorded differently because someone wasn't thinking.  Also I will tend to add prologue and epilogue that aren't strictly in sequence but help set the scene, like the argument between Merl and Aary in 'Disasters', the Fa'lina thing at the end of it and Abel's row with Dan at the start of Dan vs Pegasus.  Otherwise it doesn't really make sense without already knowing the story.

In WFH we had a big problem with Lore's lines in that he wouldn't let anyone else play them, but didn't get around to recording them himself.  That left me with a dilemma and I had set a deadline for it.  The end result is perhaps a mistake but as 'Cubi say, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Quote from: Jairus on January 15, 2012, 04:48:12 PM

Yes.  I wish it hadn't, but changing lead VA in the middle of a multi-part series would have been a disaster.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 15, 2012, 05:19:01 PM
Quote from: Jairus on January 15, 2012, 04:48:12 PM

Yes.  I wish it hadn't, but changing lead VA in the middle of a multi-part series would have been a disaster.
Doctor Who does it all the time, that doesn't seem to cause too many problems. :B

Well, I'm planning to get a replacement microphone soon, and I definitely have enough free time, so I can definitely offer my voice again if you're interested.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

justacritic

I remember something from a manga called "Skip Beat" in that it doesn't matter how good an actor one is, if that person slows down production the production comes first. Then again this is a fan project, not a television drama that would cause some company plenty of money.

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on January 15, 2012, 07:27:02 PM
I remember something from a manga called "Skip Beat" in that it doesn't matter how good an actor one is, if that person slows down production the production comes first. Then again this is a fan project, not a television drama that would cause some company plenty of money.

Yeah, and if every episode had a different lead actor, you're never going to be able to identify with them.

justacritic

I remember a drama on television that went and changed the story every three to five episodes. It was infuriating just when they seemed to pick something interesting they go for something completely different. After three to four changes like this the show was canceled I think.

rabid_fox

Just so long as I get a PM when it's time for Devin voice. That's all I care about.

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

Quote from: rabid_fox on March 17, 2012, 01:51:20 PM

Just so long as I get a PM when it's time for Devin voice. That's all I care about.

I'll have to take stock of what I have for Devin and what I need for Devin, but (if for not reason other than Jakob) I do want to produce the current arcs at some point.

Anyway, in case anyone into the radio project doesn't watch the Tower of Art, I have finally, finally put together a video of Return of Dark Pegasus.  I would like people to watch it and ideally comment on the video editing before I either re-edit it or make this one live.

The relevant thread is here:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,8884.msg360997.html

Beeks

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 16, 2012, 04:17:06 AM
Quote from: justacritic on January 15, 2012, 07:27:02 PM

Yeah, and if every episode had a different lead actor, you're never going to be able to identify with them.

The 10th Doctor is my favorite. :D

Just ran across this, and support the stuffing out of it. Let me know if you need anything. I'm not terribly talented, but i could probably record a few lines, or help using Audacity if you needed something processed. Probably don't need me, but still. :)

As far as production... i'm not sure how you're running it, but it seems entirely possible to simply assemble things out of order, then add everything back together into a master list later on. If you're missing a main character, surely there are scenes left without him.