[#786, 05/11/07] Oh Those Crazy, Crazy Backstories...

Started by Sunblink, May 10, 2007, 09:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Of Hearts

Im seeing more of Mab with a beret with a Che Guevara moustache.

thegayhare

LOL
sorry I was playing Heavy Gear right before I read that so I have mecha on the mind

I do love the design of the Gears

kaskar

Albanion said that Mab's parents were going to die tonight . They have not died yet. What zany acts can be fitted in untill their final curtain call ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

King Of Hearts

Tell Mab she was adopted? Or that she has a long lost sibling and that they like him/her more? Or That there is no spoon?

thegayhare

they could always marry her off

"Hmm Mab dear,  o you remember that Adventurer you wrote to us about?  A Dan?"

"Oh yes Daddy he's one of my best freinds."

"Ohh thats good because your mother and I decidded you should marry him,  the wedding invitations are already in the mail."

Or they could give her a ring and tell her that she must travel to mount doom and cast it into the furnace from which it was forged destroying it's evil for ever...

"But mom thats your wedding ring"

"I know dear, I know"

or they could spend all there time planning there elaberate and embarrassing funeral

were every one has to dress in yellow rain slickers , and waltz with penut butter in there boots while polka music plays...

Kasarn

Quote from: stiletto on May 10, 2007, 09:34:51 PM
Poor Jyrras, if it wasn't for his hair, I wouldn't even know he's there...

Jyrras is too short to participate in this comic. SHUN

Zedd

Oh we gotta wait till maybe later then..After all Amber still has those papers

kaskar

Do we see in it's full glory, the tidal wave of feelings that exploded out in #544
8) Just Hanging Around ...

If DMFA were a TV series, this would be the exact moment the commercial break kicked in...

Zedd

Or the moment where Ambers brain plays Tijuna Taxi by Herb Alpert  :mowwink

Aurawyn

Quote from: Zaon on May 11, 2007, 12:30:23 AM
http://missmab.com/DLoads/DMFA_Wallpaper20_640.jpg
I don't know if Neni is even a fae so I dont think Neni and Azlan will get mabs father
hmmm also I think the friend is a fae so that rules out all non-Fae
and maybe Queen Nutmeg will offer Mab the title as Queen and free travel between the fae realm and Furrae in offer for the soul of Mab's mother

Actually this was brought up once before in another thread and I believe it was said that we can't really consider all the wallpaper stuff canonical because Azlan and Neni were/are owned by real people and that particular wallpaper was drawn based off of the actual Furcadian characters.. Neni in the Comic's continuity is most likely a fae...

Shere THIS STRIP

Azlan says "As a Fae, We have a more blahblah" The we Implies they are both Fae.

rabid_fox

Yet I can't help but wonder...is Dark Pegasus still dead?

Ooo.

Seriously though, this is ace stuff. I am enjoy the happening happenings.

Oh dear.

Alondro

The tragic backstory of Mab... thrown out for possessing a Bloodline Limit of nuclear detonation when her antennae are pulled!   :giggle

There is much emo involved and sad Japanese-style music as Mab walks alone in the snow, crying and sobbing and chowing down cookies-n-cream.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Alondro on May 11, 2007, 11:33:07 AM
The tragic backstory of Mab... thrown out for possessing a Bloodline Limit of nuclear detonation when her antennae are pulled!   :giggle

There is much emo involved and sad Japanese-style music as Mab walks alone in the snow, crying and sobbing and chowing down cookies-n-cream.   :P

AGH!! NO!!! No DBZ/Naruto pacing, please!  It should not take 3 full episodes for a 5-minute timer to count down.  I like the pacing here as it is!

nikename2

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 11, 2007, 12:02:20 PM
AGH!! NO!!! No DBZ/Naruto pacing, please!  It should not take 3 full episodes for a 5-minute timer to count down.  I like the pacing here as it is!

Amen to that..

Prof B Hunnydew

Now, This would be a Twist (maybe).... Mab's Mother tells Mab that her father and mother have a solution to get Mab back into the Fae realm.  They have to die, but Mab can only be allowed to re-enter the kingdom, IF Mab forgives Queen Nutmeg and let's the Queen have one of her parents' souls...

But frustrated Mab gives Azlan and Neni both souls....Just to get the Fae to shut up, and stop buggy her for the new souls.

:mowcookie
PBH

Oh boy, I have been waiting for this a long time..... "FAIRIES!!!!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on May 11, 2007, 01:09:11 PM
Oh boy, I have been waiting for this a long time..... "FAIRIES!!!!"

Ach, crivens! Now, no skeggin' yer kacks.

*grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Aurawyn on May 11, 2007, 11:05:52 AM
Quote from: Zaon on May 11, 2007, 12:30:23 AM
http://missmab.com/DLoads/DMFA_Wallpaper20_640.jpg
I don't know if Neni is even a fae so I dont think Neni and Azlan will get mabs father
hmmm also I think the friend is a fae so that rules out all non-Fae
and maybe Queen Nutmeg will offer Mab the title as Queen and free travel between the fae realm and Furrae in offer for the soul of Mab's mother

Actually this was brought up once before in another thread and I believe it was said that we can't really consider all the wallpaper stuff canonical because Azlan and Neni were/are owned by real people and that particular wallpaper was drawn based off of the actual Furcadian characters.. Neni in the Comic's continuity is most likely a fae...

Shere THIS STRIP

Azlan says "As a Fae, We have a more blahblah" The we Implies they are both Fae.

Yes this EXACT point was brought up in an older thread... by me, no less. But thank you for saving me the trouble of having to re-explain it myself, or resort to necromancy... :zombiekun2

Zaon

yeah but you must also remember he was trying to come up with an excuse as to explain why he was married yet had no ring

techmaster-glitch

I'm pretty sure the "excuse" was somewhat valid, or he would have been lying through his teeth. And Azlan isn't that kind of character (I think... :paranoid)

Zaon

...he was trying to get out of saying he lost it and from what he says is a violent person

Rafe

Quote from: Cheese Foxlee on May 11, 2007, 01:22:43 AM
Mab and Nutmeg are characters taken form Shakespeare's plays,  Fairies if I remember correctly, but they weren't in the same play. Heck they weren't even in the genre; one was in a poem spoke by Mercruscio, in Romeo in Juliet; a tragedy, and the other was a lesser character in A Midsummer's Night Dream, a Comedy.

Now I feel like a nerd for knowing all that.

If you were really a nerd, you'd know the guys name was Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet, who gave the speech on Queen Mab (act I, scene 4).  Mab was taken from Celtic legends, and is associated with sleep and dreams, and is sometimes described as the Queen of Fairies.  Mab is alo mentioned in A Midsummer Night's Dream (no Nutmeg isn't, but Titania is), and because of Shakespeare, Mab ended up in countless fairy paintings, and even music.  There's a "Queen Mab Scherzo" in Hector Berlioz's "Romeo and Juliet Symphony"  But back to Mercutio's speech - It has some great lines:

"I see Queen Mab hath been with you.
She is the fairies' midwife, and she comes
In shape no bigger than an agate-stone
On the fore-finger of an alderman,
Drawn with a team of little atomies
Athwart men's noses as they lie asleep..."

And

"...And in this state she gallops night by night
Through lovers' brains, and then they dream of love;
O'er courtiers' knees, that dream on court'sies straight,
O'er lawyers' fingers, who straight dream on fees,
O'er ladies ' lips, who straight on kisses dream,
Which oft the angry Mab with blisters plagues,
Because their breaths with sweetmeats tainted are..."

Probably the all-time best (or at least the longest) Mab-related work is the poem "Queen Mab" by Percy Bysse Shelley.  It goes on for two hundred seventy-seven lines.  An excerpt:

'I am the Fairy MAB: to me 'tis given
     The wonders of the human world to keep;
     The secrets of the immeasurable past,
     In the unfailing consciences of men,                           
     Those stern, unflattering chroniclers, I find;
     The future, from the causes which arise
     In each event, I gather; not the sting
     Which retributive memory implants
     In the hard bosom of the selfish man,
     Nor that ecstatic and exulting throb
     Which virtue's votary feels when he sums up
     The thoughts and actions of a well-spent day,
     Are unforeseen, unregistered by me;
     And it is yet permitted me to rend                             
     The veil of mortal frailty, that the spirit,
     Clothed in its changeless purity, may know
     How soonest to accomplish the great end
     For which it hath its being, and may taste
     That peace which in the end all life will share.
     This is the meed of virtue; happy Soul,
        Ascend the car with me!'

Rafe

ShiningShadow

Quote from: thegayhare on May 11, 2007, 01:09:17 AM
For some reason now I'm seeing a giant Mab Mecha with missle pods and a lazer cannon
:erk
Makes you think Mabs a Princess. I think she's royality that's what I think

nikename2

Quote from: ShiningShadow on May 11, 2007, 09:11:28 PM
:erk
Makes you think Mabs a Princess. I think she's royality that's what I think

Well seeing as how the Queen is Nutmeg and not her mom, I kinda doubt it. It could be possible though through some weird switched at birth thing, or Mab's mom is really her adopted mom. I just don't see that happening though.

Alondro

DBZ?  Naruto?  Heck no!  This is ONE PIECE pacing!  Where it will take 40 episodes to get through one fight on a bridge!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on May 11, 2007, 09:21:12 PM

DBZ?  Naruto?  Heck no!  This is ONE PIECE pacing!  Where it will take 40 episodes to get through one fight on a bridge!   :mwaha

Oh peachy...Shall we make Dan into the straw hat again?

Rambon

Alondro

Quote from: Zedd on May 11, 2007, 09:57:14 PM

Just be happy it's not Inuyasha pacing, in which you'd be fighting the same bad guy, who almost gets destroyed then comes back over and over, for virtually the entire story without end.

It'd be like Dark Pegasus resurrecting again and again and getting more power each time so Dan has to keep getting new powers, but be careful lest his ebil cubi blood take control... uh-oh... I may have given Amber ideas with which to torment us!   :U

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on May 11, 2007, 10:52:41 PM
Quote from: Zedd on May 11, 2007, 09:57:14 PM

Just be happy it's not Inuyasha pacing, in which you'd be fighting the same bad guy, who almost gets destroyed then comes back over and over, for virtually the entire story without end.

It'd be like Dark Pegasus resurrecting again and again and getting more power each time so Dan has to keep getting new powers, but be careful lest his ebil cubi blood take control... uh-oh... I may have given Amber ideas with which to torment us!   :U

Oh yeah...You know whats worse than being the villain like that..Your usely asexual or a looming perv

Cheese Foxlee

Quote from: Rafe on May 11, 2007, 05:58:33 PM

If you were really a nerd, you'd know the guys name was Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet, who gave the speech on Queen Mab (act I, scene 4).  Mab was taken from Celtic legends, and is associated with sleep and dreams, and is sometimes described as the Queen of Fairies.  Mab is alo mentioned in A Midsummer Night's Dream (no Nutmeg isn't, but Titania is), and because of Shakespeare, Mab ended up in countless fairy paintings, and even music.  There's a "Queen Mab Scherzo" in Hector Berlioz's "Romeo and Juliet Symphony"  But back to Mercutio's speech - It has some great lines:

Hail King of Nerds! *bow to your knowledgeableness*