Abels story 5/5/07 Page #86 Blank Memory

Started by Zedd, May 05, 2007, 03:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

On one hand I am happy to see a lot of rational and well-thought debating and discussion...but on the other OH GOD TEXT TIDAL WAVE. :U

thegayhare

superluser

Sigh.  Brevity.  I'm going for brevity.

Quote from: thegayhare on May 07, 2007, 12:30:48 PMYes but you've only used the Line up freinds before hand example as a precurser to hermatige.

No, as a precursor to moving to Zinvth and taking up residence there.

Quote from: thegayhare on May 07, 2007, 12:30:48 PMnow take a sleeper agent

But Aniz isn't taking orders from above.  Or maybe he is--in which case, his actions make a whole lot more sense.

Quote from: thegayhare on May 07, 2007, 12:30:48 PMThey are in a densly wooded area,  which wouldn't seem to imply Zinvth.

Where on Earth are you getting this stuff?  Aside from a trellis around Abel's home and a couple of trees at the park, we don't see anything densely wooded.  Even Cantiv seemed fairly open.  Also note that Abel refers to ``that town'' when talking about the place where Cindy was, implying that that's not where he is now.  Furthermore, Hennya and Abel are talking on a park bench, in front of a statue of what appears to be a mythos.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

thegayhare

Quote from: superluser on May 07, 2007, 01:28:36 PM
Quote from: thegayhare on May 07, 2007, 12:30:48 PMYes but you've only used the Line up freinds before hand example as a precurser to hermatige.

No, as a precursor to moving to Zinvth and taking up residence there.

Umm okay but thats not what this says

QuoteYou go into Zinvth when you're supposed to be adventuring, find some people whom you think you can trust, do thorough background checks, and stick around for a few years (Three years would be the equivalent of a week and a half to us) to make sure.  Then you go out, knock May up, and kill her.  Then you take the kid back to Zinvth with the friends and start living the life of a hermit.

Quote from: thegayhare on May 07, 2007, 12:30:48 PMnow take a sleeper agent

But Aniz isn't taking orders from above.  Or maybe he is--in which case, his actions make a whole lot more sense.

So?  He doesn't have to be taking orders to use the sleeper agent model.  In his case the signal he's waiting for would be Abel reaching maturity. but using the sleeper agent model is still the safest tactic as well as one that would bring the least amount of attention to him

Quote from: thegayhare on May 07, 2007, 12:30:48 PMThey are in a densly wooded area,  which wouldn't seem to imply Zinvth.

Where on Earth are you getting this stuff?  Aside from a trellis around Abel's home and a couple of trees at the park, we don't see anything densely wooded.  Even Cantiv seemed fairly open.  Also note that Abel refers to ``that town'' when talking about the place where Cindy was, implying that that's not where he is now.  Furthermore, Hennya and Abel are talking on a park bench, in front of a statue of what appears to be a mythos.

Well that was my bad I miss remembered some of the images and didn't go back to check.  I also got a few of the comics misolaced in my head.  I didn't even use the park I assumed that Abel lived and workedin Zinvth while his parents had moved back to Cantiv.  But even if they are still in Zinvth why would there be any fuss.  Deamon city... It's just a being, why bother.

Kenji

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 07, 2007, 12:37:51 PM
On one hand I am happy to see a lot of rational and well-thought debating and discussion...but on the other OH GOD TEXT TIDAL WAVE. :U

It's times like this where a person's true mettle of surfing the internet comes up.
Grab a board, everyone! Cowabunga!  :raph

Zedd

Quote from: Kenji on May 07, 2007, 02:24:18 PM

It's times like this where a person's true mettle of surfing the internet comes up.
Grab a board, everyone! Cowabunga!  :raph

Theres been alot of this lately

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on May 07, 2007, 02:19:44 PMUmm okay but thats not what this says

Oops!  Sorry, I'm a little sleep deprived.  As I was writing one of those messages, I realized that hermitage wouldn't be necessary, and I guess I thought I had written that one message prior to when I did.

Anyways, Point: Aniz might not have a Nixon style enemies list, but it seems to be a racial/ethnic thing, so he'd probably know how many wings his enemies have. (and Aniz had an easy time pretending to be a being, so why wouldn't his enemies try to do the same, if they were capable of it?)

Quote from: thegayhare on May 07, 2007, 02:19:44 PMHe doesn't have to be taking orders to use the sleeper agent model.

But for what purpose?  Sleeper agents usually gain trust so that they can either infiltrate the system or pull off a high-value attack.  Aniz wasn't doing either of those things.

Quote from: thegayhare on May 07, 2007, 02:19:44 PMBut even if they are still in Zinvth why would there be any fuss.  Deamon city... It's just a being, why bother.

Because she's a respected member of the community with ties to many members of that community, the beings would lose trust in the system (if you can't trust your husband, who can you trust?), the creatures would be reminded of cases of creature-on-creature domestic violence, and possibly others.

Psychogirl

Everybody run!!!  D:

thegayhare

Quote from: superluser on May 07, 2007, 03:35:53 PM
Anyways, Point: Aniz might not have a Nixon style enemies list, but it seems to be a racial/ethnic thing, so he'd probably know how many wings his enemies have. (and Aniz had an easy time pretending to be a being, so why wouldn't his enemies try to do the same, if they were capable of it?)

First off they would have to find him and Cid's prexisting history would be working against them there.  Second any enemy disguised as a being would have to deal with the isolationist xenophobicsmall town mentality which would protect Aniz

Quote from: thegayhare on May 07, 2007, 02:19:44 PMHe doesn't have to be taking orders to use the sleeper agent model.

But for what purpose?  Sleeper agents usually gain trust so that they can either infiltrate the system or pull off a high-value attack.  Aniz wasn't doing either of those things.

because following the sleeper agent model would give him the most security with the least risk and least effort.  All around the safest bet

Quote from: thegayhare on May 07, 2007, 02:19:44 PMBut even if they are still in Zinvth why would there be any fuss.  Deamon city... It's just a being, why bother.

Because she's a respected member of the community with ties to many members of that community, the beings would lose trust in the system (if you can't trust your husband, who can you trust?), the creatures would be reminded of cases of creature-on-creature domestic violence, and possibly others.

We don't know that,  We don't know if she has any freinds or if she is considered a respected member of the comunity.  I still doubt this would raise much trouble I mean domestic violance doesnt realy stand out in todays news and I doubt 400 years ago it was a red hot topic.   

Psychogirl

Quote from: thegayhare on May 07, 2007, 05:30:00 PM

We don't know that,  We don't know if she has any freinds or if she is considered a respected member of the comunity.  I still doubt this would raise much trouble I mean domestic violance doesnt realy stand out in todays news and I doubt 400 years ago it was a red hot topic.   

True, domestic violence probably doesn't cause much trouble in the community, but May still probably has friends there who will do something. And besides, domestic violence will be noticed no matter how low the risk of trouble is.

nikename2

Well even if they do something, they really got nothing to go on other then the fact that theres a dead or missing being and mythos, assuming Aniz kills them. They can speculate that Cid did it, but yea, Aniz may leave the eye patch as a false clue that Cid died as well. Its not like this is CSI: Furrae or anything.

Aniz probably would be smart enough to cover his tracks, assuming his plan of action is to kill them and abduct Abel. We don't know his true intentions yet though, we only know he's part of the same clan as Abel and that he backhanded May. (May did mention that she did stupid things in her youth, mabye Aniz slapped her because of that?)

Zedd

More of : from Hare and Super

techmaster-glitch

Ouai

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 05, 2007, 08:24:27 PM
Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 05, 2007, 12:31:34 PM
He practically admitted it when he whacked May and reverted to his Cubi form, and he asked Abel, "Does this look familiar?" and pointed to the clan mark of a fairly small clan, which I wouldn't expect a lot of to be running around. 

All that proves is that he is of the same clan as Abel.  In all likelyhood using the KISS model, he is Abel's father, but I thought I'd just mention the possibility that he could be a lacky to watch over Abel while the real father goes and creates more CubiKinder.  Heck, if that's the case, Aniz could very well be a half brother placed to watch over him to see if he fully develops.  We'll find out whenever Aniz says either "Son" or "Bro" (or maybe even Cousin).  To avoid incoming flames, I'll say yes, it's likely Aniz is his father, but I don't feel completely convinced until I see more of their interaction.

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 05, 2007, 12:31:34 PM
For example, we've only ever seen two(confirmed) cubi from the same clan in the main comic, they're both from a very large, powerful clan(diametric opposite to Abel and Aniz's clan), and Destania is confirmed as Dan's mother.  By use of the very mathematically-termed "Squeeze Method," I think it's safe to say Aniz is Abel's father.

I prefer KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) myself.  :mowcookie

I like this idea personaly

thegayhare

Quote from: Zedd on May 07, 2007, 10:17:59 PM
More of : from Hare and Super

Truthfuly Zedd I don't think thats a fair assesment of how this is going.  To imply that this is an internet slap fight turns it into something it's realy not.  There is no animositybetween the two parties involved here... atleas not from this end.  I'm actualy having fun,  It's rare when I can actualy debate something civily on the internet.  There maybe Annoyance some times but that dies quickly. 

We just have differing opinions on this and the back and forth has been fairly easy going I think.

Zedd

Dont worry...Im just playing along...Sides I dont mind speculating too..As long it remains the right way....Have a browine I made today from scratch

Ouai

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on May 08, 2007, 01:43:34 AMTruthfuly Zedd I don't think thats a fair assesment of how this is going.  To imply that this is an internet slap fight turns it into something it's realy not.  There is no animositybetween the two parties involved here...

YOU DESERVE TO...

I mean, uh--no animosity here, either.  We just disagree with each other, and I respect TGH and his opinions.  Anyways, I think I've made my point and anything else would be just spinning my wheels, so I'm bowing out of this particular argument.

P.S. I just noticed that the guy on the right has two left arms. (you win, llearch)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Is that the left left, or the right left? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aleolus

Quote from: superluser on May 06, 2007, 03:38:12 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on May 06, 2007, 02:43:37 PMyou and she can raise dozens of cubi children together, including one by the name of Destiana!

I'm sure that will get confusing for Dan, having his tutor's sister named Destiana, and having his mother named Destania.

I was trying to imply that Abel might be Dan's uncle.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Aleolus on May 08, 2007, 11:45:20 AM
Quote from: superluser on May 06, 2007, 03:38:12 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on May 06, 2007, 02:43:37 PMyou and she can raise dozens of cubi children together, including one by the name of Destiana!

I'm sure that will get confusing for Dan, having his tutor's sister named Destiana, and having his mother named Destania.

I was trying to imply that Abel might be Dan's uncle.

That would almost work... if it weren't for the fact that Destania is nearly twenty times as old as Abel.  She's the second-oldest Cubi I think we've seen thus far(the oldest being Fa'Lina, at roughly 2000 years older.)

'Parrently, Ed likes older women?

ShiningShadow

It dosen't explain that Aniz waited for 25 years to make that speech  when Abel was not a glimmer in Mays eye when Aniz made that statement.

I know he had two wives the one when Devin was born and the other he left for to which is May to try and get that succubus born which he accomplished.

Now the other thing I noticed is that Aniz maybe killing May and Henna to take Abel away with him not going to work for reasons.

1. Aniz will be killed by Kria or Abel and Henna combined

2. Aniz will be a coward and run away and live and fight another day but in passing he will tell Abel that Aniz is his real Father end of story.

superluser

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 08, 2007, 11:50:09 AMThat would almost work... if it weren't for the fact that Destania is nearly twenty times as old as Abel.  She's the second-oldest Cubi I think we've seen thus far(the oldest being Fa'Lina, at roughly 2000 years older.)

Yeah, that was the point that I was trying to make.

Destania is 7026 years old.  Abel is only 399.

(By the way, Ink is older than Destania, clocking in at 9075, and Fa'Lina is 9288)

Zedd

I wonder anyone figured out roughly the age of Aniz would be...I mean he looks like in an age for being almost old as Abel is now

Psychogirl

Quote from: Zedd on May 08, 2007, 03:58:50 PM
I wonder anyone figured out roughly the age of Aniz would be...I mean he looks like in an age for being almost old as Abel is now

If I were to guess, Aniz would probably be past his 100's.
Mabey he's 125?

Amber Williams

Quote from: superluser on May 08, 2007, 03:51:36 PM
(By the way, Ink is older than Destania, clocking in at 9075, and Fa'Lina is 9288)

By the way, Ink is a partial cameo and so his and my story might not match up in terms of continuity.  I'm not saying I'm gonna go out of my way to skew his story, but don't be too shockered if something doesn't see eye-to-eye.

rabid_fox

I hear rumours that Ink is another of Aniz' disguises.

Also, that Mab and Azlan are one and the same.

Yes! Conspiracies abound.

Oh dear.

nikename2

Now thats just silly. Azlan is clearly just Abel in disguise. He learned that trick from his father.  ;)

Fuyudenki

Quote from: ShiningShadow on May 08, 2007, 03:43:26 PM
I know he had two wives the one when Devin was born and the other he left for to which is May to try and get that succubus born which he accomplished.

:wrong Or at least, unconfirmed.  While much speculation has been flying about over the exact nature of Devin's biological father, and Aniz does seem like he could do the job, the comic itself(and as far as I know, the author of said comic) has neither confirmed, nor denied said speculation.  This, by the way, neither proves, nor disproves it, since as we saw with Aniz's unveiling, she's very good at keeping important plot twists secret.

That said, while Aniz does seem like a good candidate for Devin's father, something about that doesn't add up in my mind.  Aniz doesn't seem the type to drive a woman insane over her children being born Being one after another, and it seems highly unlikely that the offspring of a Cubi and a Being would be repeatedly Being, over at least three children(probably more), as all of the characters we know of who have at least one Cubi parent are Cubi, themselves.  Even Lorenda's a confirmed Demon-cow.  Wings smaller than Pip's, but still a demon-cow.  I think there's something else going on in Devin's past, but I don't think it's relevant to Abel's story, so unless we purchase a "Devin's Story" special, I doubt we'll see any of it.

On age discrepencies.  Yeah, I just checked the wiki, and the reported age of Dr. Ink is 9075.  He's not listed in the timeline, though... though given Amber's post on that, perhaps it's an unconfirmed age.  In any case, yes, Destania is OLD, even by Cubi standards.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 08, 2007, 06:01:58 PM
I'm not saying I'm gonna go out of my way to skew his story, but don't be too shockered if something doesn't see eye-to-eye.

Oh, go on. You know you want to. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears