thegayhare

now this will probably  get me in trouble but

I know what we need in order to settle the religion debate once and for all

I declare a Bible Fight

2 religous figures enter only one leaves

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Knight

You know, from what I understand, the Catholic Church claims the bible came from the church, not the other way around.  Regardless of the factuality, that just brings up another laundry list of questions.

I think all conversions should come with complementary ibuprofen.

thegayhare

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 07, 2007, 11:46:28 PM
I got hosed by satan.

Oddly so did I

Who were you playing?  I was Mary

Darkmoon

Eve. She doesn't have a lot of range. Her Adam attack is too directed to be much use against Satan.

superluser

Quote from: Evil Richter on May 07, 2007, 11:46:52 PMYou know, from what I understand, the Catholic Church claims the bible came from the church, not the other way around.

As the resident Catholic, I guess I'm obligated to respond.

That's pretty much right.  The Catholic Church says that the Bible is basically a collection of memoirs and other writings written by holy men under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

I'd say that the Bible and the Church come as a package, though.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

thegayhare

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 08, 2007, 12:02:50 AM
Eve. She doesn't have a lot of range. Her Adam attack is too directed to be much use against Satan.

Eh it's still better then Mary's assending ambush technique it's not even an attack

Darkmoon

I didn't try to use it. Eve's apples were okay, if weak, but her snake punch was all but useless against Satan's range. I ended up tying to nail him with Adam when possible, then just button mashing punches on him until he raped me.

thegayhare

Ohh man I just beat it.. 

in the end you get to go up against god...

who was suprisingly easy

Darkmoon

King Of Hearts

heh, just played it using noah...

I cant get used to the block button.

I basically just go for one hit then spam the animals... the enemy cannot get up and I just force a time over.

Caswin

Huh.  Didn't expect to see this around again.

My question stands.
Quote from: Caswin on May 06, 2007, 09:09:05 AM
Quote from: Evil Richter on May 06, 2007, 05:46:24 AMOr, should we just have 8 pages over semantics and get all pissed off, like you?
Uh... question.  How is asking for one instance out of "A lot of people" quibbling over semantics?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Knight

Haha, I just cheezed my way through the game with Noah's tablet attack.  Fun.

QuoteI cant get used to the block button.

What, the down arrow?  :p

QuoteMy question stands.

I already mentioned I could have been mistaken.  There seemed to be a lot of quibbling over choice of words going on instead of meaty debate, at least to me.  What irritates me is when I make 1000 points and someone picks the mistake to point out at an attempt to discredit me completely... it's cheezy.  Like Noah's tablet attack.  :)

Anyway, since it's apparantly so important, take this quote from the first page, for instance.

QuotePerhaps I am missing posts from the thread this was snipped from.  would you care to elaborate as to why, exactly, you beleive that debating the existence of Satan equates to nonsense?

Nothing against the poster or anything, but this very sentiment alludes to the fact that Satan is already accepted as an established being, something that needs to be talked about, proven or disproven, scaled down, or elaborated on, etc.  He's just already there, for no real good reason aside from the fact people just believe he is, and that alone is just taken as "he exists".  This in turn, leaves it up to the Atheist to disprove Satan, or talk himself blue trying.  Incidentally, in response to the poster, this is why I believe debating his existence is nonsense.

While no one EXPLICITLY said "I think it's up to the Atheist to disprove these things", this type of mentality can be gathered by such sentiment.

Reese Tora

You can let them know it was I who said that, it won't hurt my feelings.  I certainly didn't mean to make it sound like satan is a real (or not real) individual.  Myself, I don't believe in him at all either, I just wanted to see your reasoning.

In other words, I was challenging you to reveal the reasoning behind the position you've adopted, not challenging the position itself, and I appologize if my question sounded otherwise to you.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Knight

Oh, naw.  Well, maybe a little.  It's all good.

And I didn't mention your name because I wasn't sure if you wanted to be dragged back into this.

Caswin

Quote from: Evil Richter on May 08, 2007, 07:03:16 PMThere seemed to be a lot of quibbling over choice of words going on instead of meaty debate, at least to me.
I've found that it helps a lot to make a point of using accurate words from the beginning.
Quote from: Evil Richter on May 08, 2007, 07:03:16 PMWhat irritates me is when I make 1000 points and someone picks the mistake to point out at an attempt to discredit me completely... it's cheezy.  Like Noah's tablet attack.  :)
In his defense, there were like half a dozen responses that then got narrowed down to one.

Random Biblical Fact: Noah throwing the tablets at the calf and blowing it up was a movie invention... not that it wasn't cool.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

King Of Hearts

Im just not used to Block buttons in a keyboard setting.

Why do people keep calling Moses as Noah?

Knight

Whoops.  Has someone else done that?

Netami

I suck at that game. My tactics involve using Satan's long reach and just walking forward and hitting my opponents into the corner, being careful not to actually knock them down. I jab fifty or so times and they die. Harsh.

I think that this game allows people to express their spirituality in the various characters and techniques they use.

Knight

QuoteI think that this game allows people to express their spirituality in the various characters and techniques they use.

...This upsets me, as my first choice was Satan.  ...I just... assumed he'd have the most powerful moves.   :januscat

Netami

I picked him first because he was red.

Damaris

We picked Eve because she was nekkid. ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

thegayhare

Quote from: Damaris on May 09, 2007, 09:54:14 AM
We picked Eve because she was nekkid. ;)

Oddly that was my logic too

Caswin

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 06, 2007, 12:06:20 PM
Good bye, Aridas. Go enjoy your week to consider yourself.
If I may be so bold...

are over teh week now? :blink
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yes, but Aridas hasn't tried to log in since the 11th.

Give him a couple days. Or send him an email, if you want.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Okay, so the question I have at this point is how many of the people posting in this thread would say they have an open mind?

Knight

Oddly enough, I would say I do.  I mean maybe, just maybe there could be a god-thing out there.

I could also have Winona Ryder's children, though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

With respect to religion?

Not massively. I'm open minded, but you'd have to persuade me fairly well to override the things I've already considered and decided upon.

I'm willing to listen, of course.

I guess I'd consider me broad-minded, rather than open-minded....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netami

My mind is like someone left a door open on a windy day and it just keeps opening and closing. Sometimes it slams shut very quickly and with great force, only to be swung wide open to get twigs and leaves and shit stuck on it.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 15, 2007, 04:30:36 PM
Okay, so the question I have at this point is how many of the people posting in this thread would say they have an open mind?

Why, yes.  I have a pretty open mind.  I'm not likely to change it without something to back up a claim, but I'll listen and think about what's said.

Quote from: Terry PratchettThe trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation