05/03/07 Abel's Story [85] There it is

Started by AndersW, May 03, 2007, 08:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleolus

Is anyone else suddenly wondering why "Cid" suddenly started acting like he had a heart attack?  I mean, he was within arms reach of May before he did that, if it was just Aniz acting, then why did he not just make a surprise attack then and then do a big dramatic thing of reaching up and slowly taking off his eye-patch and revealing his wings?

Kenji

Maybe he was laughing so hard internally, his sides were about to split.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aleolus on May 03, 2007, 11:55:35 AM
Is anyone else suddenly wondering why "Cid" suddenly started acting like he had a heart attack?  I mean, he was within arms reach of May before he did that, if it was just Aniz acting, then why did he not just make a surprise attack then and then do a big dramatic thing of reaching up and slowly taking off his eye-patch and revealing his wings?

One possibility that has been hinted by others was the idea that Aniz has trapped Cid's soul in the eyepatch or some other contrivance and he has somehow been using its personality as a front, a trick also done in Peter F. Hamilton's Night's Dawn trilogy.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

"real life doesn't make sense, so why should fiction?" Unknown

Calm down, all will be revealed in time (or not). I can't hate the guy that much, he did take care of them for quite a while.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

rabid_fox

Abel is having such a bad day. I mean, seriously. It's like 'Of Mice and Men' all over again, except this time, it's interesting.

Oh dear.

Moonfrost

:giggle Cute, smart, devious and totally fun! I love this guy!

*edit* Eww... uploading my sig made me see things I dont like... goddamn blue *brb, fixing*

Aridas

I'm waiting for him to point out the hidden cameras...

Feather Dancer

I'm getting sick of being right :( But he has indeedy offed poor Cid... the question is when and still the whole dealie with why Abel has cool wings. Abel's face looks a bit, oh God I'm related to THAT?

I want to sick my leming horde on him.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

rabid_fox

I like this new fellow, but why do so many people seem to know who he is already? He has a bit of style about him, especially with the glorious addition of the cheeky tongue - so gloriously inappropriate.

Oh dear.

Rythak

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 03, 2007, 12:28:24 PM
I like this new fellow, but why do so many people seem to know who he is already? He has a bit of style about him, especially with the glorious addition of the cheeky tongue - so gloriously inappropriate.
I must disagree with you there sir, a lil extra tounge is never "inappropriate".

Moonfrost

Quote from: Rythak on May 03, 2007, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: rabid_fox on May 03, 2007, 12:28:24 PM
I must disagree with you there sir, a lil extra tounge is never "inappropriate".
Indeed ;)

rabid_fox

That not what that nun said...

Though back on topic. I really just want to see Abel go to bed and get some sleep. The poor lad needs it so much, from the morning with Aniz trying to steal his eggs (that low down cur!) to now...and hardly even a bacon sandwich in sight.

Oh dear.

Vidar

His death is a certainty. I hope it will be a horribly painful and slow way to die.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Moonfrost

Quote from: Vidar on May 03, 2007, 12:43:42 PM
His death is a certainty. I hope it will be a horribly painful and slow way to die.

Well you aren't any fun.  :<  I hope he lives

Tapewolf

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 03, 2007, 12:41:57 PM

Though back on topic. I really just want to see Abel go to bed and get some sleep. The poor lad needs it so much, from the morning with Aniz trying to steal his eggs (that low down cur!) to now...and hardly even a bacon sandwich in sight.

Well, there's cookies in the oven.  Indeed, they're liable to burn if she leaves them in there too long.
Of course, given that she's discovered that her son was nearly killed and is really a monster and her husband is another monster who killed her real husband and has been pretending to be him for the last 25 years and has now just beaten her up, the cookies are probably the least of her worries.

And I'm not passing judgement on Aniz without knowing more about him.

Moonfrost

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 03, 2007, 12:47:35 PM
Quote from: rabid_fox on May 03, 2007, 12:41:57 PM

Well, there's cookies in the oven.  Indeed, they're liable to burn if she leaves them in there too long.
Of course, given that she's discovered that her son was nearly killed and is really a monster and her husband is another monster who killed her real husband and has been pretending to be him for the last 25 years and has now just beaten her up, the cookies are probably the least of her worries.

And I'm not passing judgement on Aniz without knowing more about him.
*bing!*
May: Oh no! I forgot about the cookies! *dashes off to the kitchen*
Aniz: *stares after her* What the :erk --- HEY! I KILLED YOUR HUSBAND AND HAVE BEEN PRETENDING TO BE HIM! DON'T YOU EVEN CARE?
May: *shouts from the kitchen* OH SHUT UP! THE COOKIES MUST NOT BURN! MY PREEEEEECIOUS COOKIES >:3
Abel: Geeze... thanks mom... >.>
Aniz: *wanders into the kitchen* Can I have some? :)
May: Sure!
Abel: Don't mind me, I'll just go throw myself off a cliff like Cindy... >.>
May and Aniz: Ok hunny! Have fun! *munchmunchmunch*

Rythak

I like it!
EDIT: Exept that hole "Abel: Don't mind me, I'll just go throw myself off a cliff like Cindy... >.>" part. we could do with him just sittin down and havin cookies too no?

Moonfrost

Quote from: Rythak on May 03, 2007, 12:56:05 PM
I like it!
EDIT: Exept that hole "Abel: Don't mind me, I'll just go throw myself off a cliff like Cindy... >.>" part. we could do with him just sittin down and havin cookies too no?

Oh come on, someobdy's got to feel all emo-esque :) and Abel happens to be the prefect target... >.>

Indilee

Huh, funny thing is - when debating this with a friend - I totally thought that Cid was dead and the "father" was the one that killed him.

Why? I haven't really figured out exactly. I keep flip flopping between the fact that he had a chance to be with May, or that he wanted to make cubi babies (and did?) - or something.

Rythak

Quote from: Moonfrost on May 03, 2007, 01:02:44 PM
Quote from: Rythak on May 03, 2007, 12:56:05 PM
I like it!

Oh come on, someobdy's got to feel all emo-esque :) and Abel happens to be the prefect target... >.>
Well what about that one dude he was with earlier?... oh wait nevermind he is dead. Well what about that guys friend? Hh nevermind he is dead too... Well ya know we could always.... oh crap there all dead!! we don't need anymore dead people! geez spendin 25% of income on bodybags is not a good thing. and also I like abel, he is H-A-W-T!

Wow... so for all it looks, the strange "heart attack" was indeed just show... didn't believe that...

His motives are indeed strage... then again, we don't really know much about how cubi reproduce normally (from the comic at least, I suppose.) So maybe that was a normal kind of game cubi play from time to time if they are in the mood...

Also keep in mind that Cid and May (or at least Cid) weren't just any Beings. They were adventurers and a good part of their buisyness propably dealt with cubi. And I don't think Cid was the least known adventurer either. So it could actually be some twisted kind of revenge either. As in "I won't just kill you or you loved ones, I'll also make sure they'll lose their sanity in the process..."

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 03, 2007, 12:01:15 PM
"real life doesn't make sense, so why should fiction?" - Unknown
"The only difference between real life and fiction is that fiction has to make sense" - Tom Clancy   :P

Quote from: Alondro on May 03, 2007, 08:53:18 AM
*Charline chuckles*  Fur-coloring.  Magic may not hide a clan marking, but simple paint or dye will do the job.
Likely but sounds somehow too simple for DMFA standards - Besides, fur color can wash away and is propably not very shapeshifting compatible either. Then again, I may think too much about this.

Quote from: Moonfrost on May 03, 2007, 12:52:17 PM*bing!*
May: Oh no! I forgot about the cookies! *dashes off to the kitchen*
Aniz: *stares after her* What the erk --- HEY! I KILLED YOUR HUSBAND AND HAVE BEEN PRETENDING TO BE HIM! DON'T YOU EVEN CARE?
May: *shouts from the kitchen* OH SHUT UP! THE COOKIES MUST NOT BURN! MY PREEEEEECIOUS COOKIES evil neko
Abel: Geeze... thanks mom... >.>
Aniz: *wanders into the kitchen* Can I have some? the one true smile
May: Sure!
Abel: Don't mind me, I'll just go throw myself off a cliff like Cindy... >.>
May and Aniz: Ok hunny! Have fun! *munchmunchmunch*
Tehee... That would undoubtly be cool... then again, given the turn of events as they are it seems more likely for me that the cookies catch fire and burn the whole house down... preferrably with May and Hennya trapped inside... in front of Abel's eyes...

nikename2

Heh, it kinda looks like Abel is finally coming out of shock. It looks like hes kind of angry from what I can see. I don't blame him, if someone broke my mother's nose right infront of me I don't care who they are I'd tear them apart. You just don't do that.  :nono

Indilee

I agree with the Abel's snapping out of it - but I'm uncertain if May is going to live after this. Aniz already hit her - there's no stopping there...

And by the way that Abel seems to react to people in DMFA current-story - I don't think his family is alive anymore (one way or another)...

Rythak

I think Abel is just about to rip Aniz's arms off then use them to pin him up on the wall... Theres somethin cookin up in Abel's head, and it's not cookies.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Indilee on May 03, 2007, 01:11:07 PM
And by the way that Abel seems to react to people in DMFA current-story - I don't think his family is alive anymore (one way or another)...

If May's a Being we can't expect her to be.  Even if Aniz is alive, Abel might well have broken ties with him.

nikename2

Well May would undoubtly be dead, either by the hand of time or Aniz. Aniz is probably gonna die, but were not sure. Cid's been dead.

I think when Abel meets with Kria though in the current timeline its gonna be one of those family moments, like him embracing his second motheresque of sorts.  :)

Indilee

The problem I see with Abel going after Aniz is that Aniz is probably more skilled at fighting if he can keep a farce like this up for so long.

*currently going through Abelstory to look at his arms* So far, they appear to always be bandaged/covered - but the furtone was black - and I'm not sure if cubi can cover/shift their markings?

Rythak

Quote from: Indilee on May 03, 2007, 01:17:08 PM
The problem I see with Abel going after Aniz is that Aniz is probably more skilled at fighting if he can keep a farce like this up for so long.

*currently going through Abelstory to look at his arms* So far, they appear to always be bandaged/covered - but the furtone was black - and I'm not sure if cubi can cover/shift their markings?
Well yeah... but weird things happen when you have a wall of emotions pushing you on.

Indilee

Quote from: Rythak on May 03, 2007, 01:18:52 PM

Well yeah... but weird things happen when you have a wall of emotions pushing you on.

This is very true. There's been cases of mothers lifting cars off their children and stuff like that. ^_^

Rythak

Quote from: Indilee on May 03, 2007, 01:20:15 PM
Quote from: Rythak on May 03, 2007, 01:18:52 PM

This is very true. There's been cases of mothers lifting cars off their children and stuff like that. ^_^
OMG i was gonna edit that into my post then that little "A message has been posted you might wanna review your content" -or whatever came up and theres you stealitg my good idea!!! I shouldnt have wasted my ime trying to find a youtube vid link to footage of this kinda thing happening!