Sorry if anyone ever brought that...

Started by Aerisa_Darkyna, April 29, 2007, 01:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerisa_Darkyna

But I have a small theory I'd like to talk about ^^; If it's the wrong place or anything feel free to tell me

Could Devin be Abel's (half) brother?

Things that lead me to believe this...

1- Devin's father was only seen as a distant shadow, which is also the form Aniz/Cid take in front of Kria
2- Devin's father left without a word after a single glance. It could find a rationnal explaination if Aniz was the father.

Abel's clan is near extinct. Supposing it was ALSO this scattered at this time, and breeding with a 'cubi of another clan was not an option(like, for exemple, the risk of the child ending up having the symbol of the OTHER clan), Aniz would've ended having to breed with Beings as his only option for furthering the clan, since he couldn't find any of his own. Seeing how he acted with May in the lastest strip, it is doubtful he think any of beings, so taking care of a "Failed"(aka, non-'cubi) son would've been the last thing in his mind, thus him leaving to try his chance elsewhere.

The "I should've killed you like the other!" line from Devin's mother imply she might've known a part of it, and had other "Failed" childrens which she killed to ensure his staying, but for some reasons she decided not to kill Devin, which, when he turned out to be a being, ended with Aniz leaving.

Another clue is that Beings with 'cubi parents are said to be sometime talented in magic, and Devin himself used a seemingly powerful Ice spell, which other, 'normal' beings may not have normally been able to use.

Hope this all make sense and I didn't just make an idiot outta me ^^;

Netami

Everyone is secretly related in this comic. Everyone. And it's still OK to have sex!

No one ever gets old, either.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Netami on April 29, 2007, 08:34:36 PM
Everyone is secretly related in this comic. Everyone. And it's still OK to have sex!

May is old. :<

Netami

No she isn't. She's really a shapeshifting genie from a thousand years ago, trapped in a bottle until she was eventually released by Jyrras, who had gone back in time to search for a cure for a horrible poison that plagued Lost Lake. Releasing her, she granted him three wishes and his last wish was her freedom OMGOMG! So she can change her shape and age anytime she wants cause she is agenie with magical powers. She just looks old cause she wants to fit in. She's actually a smoking hot temptress in my fanfic, barely over 18!!

Aerisa_Darkyna

Quote from: Netami on April 29, 2007, 11:27:31 PM
No she isn't. She's really a shapeshifting genie from a thousand years ago, trapped in a bottle until she was eventually released by Jyrras, who had gone back in time to search for a cure for a horrible poison that plagued Lost Lake. Releasing her, she granted him three wishes and his last wish was her freedom OMGOMG! So she can change her shape and age anytime she wants cause she is agenie with magical powers. She just looks old cause she wants to fit in. She's actually a smoking hot temptress in my fanfic, barely over 18!!

O_o

*back away sloooowwwwllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy...*

Vidar

Quote from: Netami on April 29, 2007, 11:27:31 PM

Over a thousand year old, and at the same time barely over 18.
Hmmm.
I think this will result in a conflict in the Time/Age Drivers of Reality OS, which will crash with a kernal panic, corrupting the Matter Database, thus destroying the universe.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Netami

Heeey, have you been reading my notes?! And she's not REALLY 18! She just looks like it. Everyone in DMFA is at least three thousand years old, and none the wiser for it!

luiqui

Good ol' Netami. He delivers the goods.

Aurawyn

I think Amber said somewhere that Devin and Able are not related... but I could be wrong!  :<

Fuyudenki

she said for sure that Dan and Devin are not.  I think the jury's still out on Devin/Abel and Dan/Abel, though I find it horribly unlikely that Edward was Aniz in disguise again.

:deadhorse

ShiningShadow

No I think the Devin situation it was Aniz there It had to be. To have Devin there at the outpost and Dear old Dad recognized Devin *FWASSSH* dead and Abel didn't happen because of Kria change of heart.

That's all I have to say on this.

Aridas

If it was, then why did he leave rather than kill the kid? it was devin's mom who was killing the others, not "Aniz"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ShiningShadow on May 01, 2007, 06:50:38 AM
No I think the Devin situation it was Aniz there It had to be. To have Devin there at the outpost and Dear old Dad recognized Devin *FWASSSH* dead and Abel didn't happen because of Kria change of heart.

That's all I have to say on this.

ShiningShadow, do you -really- have to comment random crap across multiple boards? Surely you could stop, and think, and perhaps make a -little- sense, or, you know, make your suggestions either funny, or in line with what -actually- goes on on the comic? So far you've made little to no sense at all, and you're not even amusing. At least, not to me, and I haven't seen anyone else laughing, either.

Thanks, awfully...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netami

I think he is hilarious, a boon to society. He is also deeply insightful, and his predictions/speculation is as well put together as any other member of this forum. A+, Super 100%!

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 01, 2007, 07:48:30 AMShiningShadow, do you -really- have to comment random crap across multiple boards? Surely you could stop, and think, and perhaps make a -little- sense, or, you know, make your suggestions either funny, or in line with what -actually- goes on on the comic? So far you've made little to no sense at all, and you're not even amusing. At least, not to me, and I haven't seen anyone else laughing, either.

I find it entertaining that the new forum members are getting annoyed with him, already.  They're growing up so fast.

I do not find it entertaining that the new members have something to get annoyed at.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Goatmon

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 29, 2007, 11:25:02 PM
Quote from: Netami on April 29, 2007, 08:34:36 PM

May is old. :<

She is indeed.  Such things are banned in Furrae, so she's been given a broken nose as a warning. 

Aerisa_Darkyna

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 01, 2007, 07:26:30 AM
If it was, then why did he leave rather than kill the kid? it was devin's mom who was killing the others, not "Aniz"

I never said "Aniz" killed them.

QuoteThe "I should've killed you like the other!" line from Devin's mother imply she might've known a part of it, and had other "Failed" childrens which she killed to ensure his staying, but for some reasons she decided not to kill Devin, which, when he turned out to be a being, ended with Aniz leaving.

I clearly wrote SHE before killed, not HE =p

My opinion on why "Aniz" himself didn't kill him and simply left is that he cared so little about the failed child, he saw him as unworthy of taking the energy needed to kill him and left.