2007-04-16 [775] Aww...Freak out!

Started by superluser, April 15, 2007, 11:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanium Dragon

I didn't see Freakazoid in this! Lies!

Okay, more seriously... I'm betting she's freaking out over the wings, but the spying thing wasn't something I'd even thought of and makes perfect sense.

kaskar

Kria was sent in by the Creature Council, for the purpose of keeping Jyrass under observation . If Kria is able  to defuse the situation temporarily for Lorenda, nothing really stops Kria from keeping Jyrass under observation . To the amount and intensity of observation, we have yet to see ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Reaver225

I am going to wildly speculate that wing length is related to how long you will live and Kreia is freaking out because Lorenda has only 25 minutes left.

ShiningShadow

In any case Kria freaking out hoping the realationship between her daughter and Jy-Jy is intact. More spying on Jy-Jy hmmmmmm what she will do to keep that relationship going not knowing her daughter has devious plans of her own.

Speculations galore. >:3

kaskar

Quote from: ShiningShadow on April 16, 2007, 07:39:39 AM
In any case Kria freaking out hoping the realationship between her daughter and Jy-Jy is intact. More spying on Jy-Jy hmmmmmm what she will do to keep that relationship going not knowing her daughter has devious plans of her own.

Speculations galore. >:3      However, everyone seems to forget that, while Lorenda has undersized wings, they are super fast . Does this also come into the equation ? Don't forget, Jyrras probably has a patch to fix the wing size problem ...

Titanium Dragon

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on April 16, 2007, 03:43:53 AM

Okay, more seriously... I'm betting she's freaking out over the wings, but the spying thing wasn't something I'd even thought of and makes perfect sense.

Thinking about it more... there's a few other possibilities as well.

One is she's freaking out the wings, but not because they're small, but for a different reason - they raise the question of why she -doesn't- have wings, and doesn't want her morphing amulet to be revealed. Jyrras finding out he's been beaten to the market on the patches might raise several awkward questions.

The other is that she (off screen) found out about Abel and is freaking out for that reason, which just occured to me. However, I'm not certain Lorenda knows about Abel, let alone Kria.

Prof B Hunnydew

:erk ???

I will say that Kria is a better mother than most.. Most mothers would freakout in front of their children even if they can help it.  Mine would...yet back to the comic.

Well, the last few posts are going into left field.. way into Left field...

This possible effective Kria's spy mission is a little low on the list, as Lorenda having small wings.  Remember Kria told Lorenda, that If she got wings.  they would be Fully grown.  These short wings may point to something worst...which we, the readers, can only guess.  Maybe it's the impossibility of a Half demon with "half" wings, or prophecy about one coming along...Doom, destruction, Angel and Demon living together.  Mass panic...

PBH   

Angel

Kria's expression in the last panel is really cute... and I can't help but wonder how similar Jyrras's reaction is going to be to hers.
Quote from: Titanium Dragon on April 16, 2007, 09:06:41 AM
Quote from: Titanium Dragon on April 16, 2007, 03:43:53 AM

Thinking about it more... there's a few other possibilities as well.

One is she's freaking out the wings, but not because they're small, but for a different reason - they raise the question of why she -doesn't- have wings, and doesn't want her morphing amulet to be revealed. Jyrras finding out he's been beaten to the market on the patches might raise several awkward questions.

The other is that she (off screen) found out about Abel and is freaking out for that reason, which just occured to me. However, I'm not certain Lorenda knows about Abel, let alone Kria.

Hmmmm..... I wonder if she's freaking that her morphing amulet might have something to do with the size of Lorenda's wings? As far as we've seen, she's only removed it once...
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Madmann135

I must say Kira is keeping a cool head better than many would even try.
Her daughtor is in a bit of a crisis, with a guy that Mom finds attractive (really scarry thought), who also her daughtor has a great respect for and Mom has been ordred to watch.

I must say Jyrras is in a real pickle that he doesn't know about.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Alondro

*Charline chuckles*  Maybe Kria realizes the tiny wings mean Lorenda is going to be the Cupid.   :giggle

*Charles discos!*  Well you can by the way my guts hang out, I'm Charline's human, no time to pout.  She's a nasty b**** when she gets dissed, better run away when she gets pissed.  But I'm alright, I'll be ok, I'll be back some other day.  My many wounds, I'll just retcon, cause I'm a god-moding hyu-mon!  Whether I'm a being or whether I'm a creature, I'll be stain alive, stayin alive...  :disco
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Gildedtongue

Hmmmm, figuring this might be the future...

Lore: Jyrras.  I have something to tell you.
Jyjy: Lorenda, I have something to tell you.
Lore: Okay, me first.  I have wings.
Jyjy: Oh, well, I'm gay.
Lore: Nuuuuu!  He hates me because I'm a winger! *sob*

Orrrr... maybe not.

Rythak

Quote from: Gildedtongue on April 16, 2007, 12:36:06 PM

Orrrr... maybe not.
:lol

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay ah

Did Lorenda say she was a swinger or a winger?  And why is that bad?...   

PBH

Rythak

I think lorenda said "winger" and it would be bad for lorenda as in thinking that jy-huy is just making up the excuse "oh yeah im gay" because he hates wings and because lorenda has them he dosent like her anymore... my boyfriend wants me to say
"girls think diffrent from guys they would rather have you lve them and have a broken heart when they deny you than have you grow over them and find somone else before they have the chance to deny you."

Reese Tora

Orrrr... maybe not.

well, Winger's are pretty disturbing... what?
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Reese Tora on April 16, 2007, 01:12:44 PM
well, Winger's are pretty disturbing... what?

No, the webcomic Winger is plenty disturbing. And distorted.

Wings on furries is downright cliché now.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on April 16, 2007, 03:14:58 PMWings on furries is downright cliché now.

To say nothing of impractical.  Bat wings are okay I guess, but feathers?  The look nicer, but how are they supposed to preen them?  If they don't they'll get all waterlogged and horrible...  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: superluser on April 16, 2007, 02:24:22 AM
Well, she could properly cheat on him if she took him out.  Or just bring someone over and start locking lips (make that someone Dan or Abel for maximum trauma).  ``Oh, er.  I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner.''  It's a bit of an easier let-down if you know that it was never possible in the first place.
In which case Jy would then have issues with Dan/Abel. Daniel already knows about Jy's feelings for Lorenda, so it wouldn't really be quite right for them to get together. Or, if they were already together, so fact that Daniel didn't tell him would be bad too, (so it's not an excuse) which all equals bad. When it comes to Abel, that's a definite no-no because Abel was the first to find-out. Plus, I just can't see that happening. Too many emotional barriers and such.

Quote from: Alondro on April 16, 2007, 10:06:13 AM
*Charles discos!*  Well you can by the way my guts hang out, I'm Charline's human, no time to pout.  She's a nasty b**** when she gets dissed, better run away when she gets pissed.  But I'm alright, I'll be ok, I'll be back some other day.  My many wounds, I'll just retcon, cause I'm a god-moding hyu-mon!  Whether I'm a being or whether I'm a creature, I'll be stain alive, stayin alive...  :disco
You own all. I bow-down to the awesome.

Quote from: Rythak on April 16, 2007, 01:08:25 PM
I think lorenda said "winger" and it would be bad for lorenda as in thinking that jy-huy is just making up the excuse "oh yeah im gay" because he hates wings and because lorenda has them he dosent like her anymore...
One word,
Dan.
How would you explain this? Is it just because he was his first friend/saviour or something?
No... this would just be Lorenda misconstruing the situation. Or more likely, just be thinking he's trying to change the subject of what he told her to avoid confrontation and never actually believe him.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 16, 2007, 04:20:12 PM
Quote from: superluser on April 16, 2007, 02:24:22 AM
Well, she could properly cheat on him if she took him out.  Or just bring someone over and start locking lips (make that someone Dan or Abel for maximum trauma).  ``Oh, er.  I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner.''  It's a bit of an easier let-down if you know that it was never possible in the first place.
In which case Jy would then have issues with Dan/Abel. Daniel already knows about Jy's feelings for Lorenda, so it wouldn't really be quite right for them to get together. Or, if they were already together, so fact that Daniel didn't tell him would be bad too, (so it's not an excuse) which all equals bad. When it comes to Abel, that's a definite no-no because Abel was the first to find-out. Plus, I just can't see that happening. Too many emotional barriers and such.

Okay I miss something?   AT last look,  Ah:

Abel knows about JyJy's crush on Dan and  on Lorenda, but he don't know that he is JyJy's new love.
Dan knows about JyJy's crush on him and Abel, but he don't know about JyJy's crush on Lorenda..Dan may have thought so before, now.
Lorenda knows about JyJy's crush on her. or guess it, but she doesn't know his gay interests in Dan or Abel.

lGrrr  Charts  Charts are always better for me

Jyrra                    Who knows about it
Attraction to          Dan       Lorenda        Abel             

Dan                     Knows    doesn't        knows
Lorenda              doesn't     guessed      knows
Abel                     knows    doesn't        doesn't
PBH

Drake Manaweilder

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 16, 2007, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on April 16, 2007, 03:14:58 PMWings on furries is downright cliché now.

To say nothing of impractical.  Bat wings are okay I guess, but feathers?  They look nicer, but how are they supposed to preen them?  If they don't they'll get all waterlogged and horrible...  >:3

I'd guess that they'd have some sort of comb fot it, a different one for each kind of feather. (Primaries, secondaries, coverts etc.)Something like brushing your hair I'd guess..

Theres probably some sort of shampoo for feathers out there as well. 

Azraelle

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on April 16, 2007, 05:23:48 PM
lGrrr  Charts  Charts are always better for me

Jyrra                    Who knows about it
Attraction to          Dan       Lorenda        Abel             

Dan                     Knows    doesn't        knows
Lorenda              doesn't     guessed      knows
Abel                     knows    doesn't        doesn't
PBH

O.o

Ok whe we start requiring charts and graphs to follow plot predictions, we're taking things just a bit too far.

ShiningShadow

In any case it boils down to Jy-Jy having that other heart to heart talk to Lorenda to settle this and his feelings for her and revealing his feelings for the cute butted Abel.

And finally trying to convice Lorenda with her wing problem with a patch and asking her to stay at his place or something else to make those wing grow.

Or we could do the POLKA!!!!!!!! :boogie. >:3

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Azraelle on April 16, 2007, 07:42:12 PM
O.o

Ok whe we start requiring charts and graphs to follow plot predictions, we're taking things just a bit too far.

What plot prediction?  I am trying to get the facts straight who knows what about Jyrras's affections for whom....And I should add that Dan and Lorenda do not love JyJy enough to sleep with him...But does Wildy?  does Abel?

PBH

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on April 16, 2007, 09:30:12 PM
Quote from: Azraelle on April 16, 2007, 07:42:12 PM
O.o

What plot prediction?  I am trying to get the facts straight who knows what about Jyrras's affections for whom....And I should add that Dan and Lorenda do not love JyJy enough to sleep with him...But does Wildy?  does Abel?

PBH

I thought with the Wildly issue that she has a thing for Dan henceforth the branding on his backside.

Abel has nothing to say because Jy-Jy has not voiced his feelings towards him as of yet.

Let things play out to see what happens next.

superluser

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on April 16, 2007, 09:06:41 AMOne is she's freaking out the wings, but not because they're small, but for a different reason - they raise the question of why she -doesn't- have wings, and doesn't want her morphing amulet to be revealed. Jyrras finding out he's been beaten to the market on the patches might raise several awkward questions.

Unlikely.  Jyrras probably knows about the amulet.  When he explained the whole thing to Lorenda, she probably said something about her mother having an amulet that did the same sort of thing.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

stiletto

Abel's story shows that morphing amulets were fairly common knowledge over 300 years ago. Serves to assume they weren't forgotten.

As for that cart, they seem to be standard fair. You can see one in the background of http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_356.php , not to mention a lovely sign for them.

kaskar

See what happens when your father was only a being bull . Does half - breed mean half sized ?

Reese Tora

Quote from: stiletto on April 17, 2007, 01:42:55 AM
Abel's story shows that morphing amulets were fairly common knowledge over 300 years ago. Serves to assume they weren't forgotten.

As for that cart, they seem to be standard fair. You can see one in the background of http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_356.php , not to mention a lovely sign for them.

It being Zinvith, the demon city, and Hennya being specifically a student of magical artifacts, I don't think it's at all safe to assume that they are common knowledge.  It's possible that such amulets are a fairly specialized knowledge, or even a forgotten discipline, though that's unlikley, since the other creatures in Hennya's classes(and Hennya herself) could be very long lived.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

kaskar

Kria has had her morphing aumlet for all the strips so far . She was shown to have one as a teacher in her 20's when Abel was in 1 st grade having magic lessons . Therefore, I presume the aumlet she wears is one and the same as she wears today, and in her clothing while teaching ?

ShiningShadow

Quote from: kaskar on April 17, 2007, 02:13:17 AM
        Kria has had her morphing aumlet for all the strips so far . She was shown to have one as a teacher in her 20's when Abel was in 1 st grade having magic lessons . Therefore, I presume the aumlet she wears is one and the same as she wears today, and in her clothing while teaching ?

Then if you are saying that the same amulet that Kria gave to Abel to hide those head wings is in fact the same amulet as of right now.

Then how did Kria got it back from Abel?