The new NW OOC thread

Started by Stygian, August 02, 2008, 11:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mamaaaaa... Just killed an RP...

Restart!
Do not restart!
Put a gun against its head; pulled my trigger, now it's dead...
F*** you!

Stygian

NW is henceforth suspended. There are critical issues that need working out, and it has become glaringly apparent that people aren't enjoying themselves. Also, in the face of criticism, that I am trying to 'rein the RP in too hard' or that I am too 'controlling' as a GM, I need to take a simple break and find a new approach, it seems.

I will stress though, without any cringing from my conscience, that a contributing factor was people repeating mistakes that they had been warned about earlier, and not owing up to it. And, I will also stress that this was meant to be a good roleplay, keeping things a bit down to earth and reasonable, demanding thought and feeling, and that anyone looking for hack-and-slash splatter action should leave the text-based medium and go play videogames.

Look to the poll.

Sunblink

Great. Maybe everyone can stop acting so bloody retarded now.

Yes, my disappointment and bitterness is unparalleled.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Aisha deCabre

Alright, alright, chill...I can already see this thread turning into a hate-fest of sorts.

I honestly think it's an overreaction over people just wanting to either be too technical or just wanting to have fun and inadvertently getting in the way of the technical stuff.  This isn't anything that can't be solved with a bit of thinking.  I don't know all of the issues, but I do think that yes, a break may be suitable.

I just don't think it should be done through such negativity.  Since this is a new OOC, let it be used to discuss.  It's just a game, guys.

*Ker-vote*
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Cogidubnus

Upon reflection, it's better that I don't post this here. *Edit*

Sunblink

Cutting out some of the more righteous-anger-of-righteous-rage stuff because Cog edited his post. *cough* Move along.

Now this is my comment in general. Fact of the matter is, I'm sick and tired of this little spat, and I want for all of you to work something out, because nobody's having fun anymore. I didn't vote in the poll, because there wasn't a "this is a retarded argument, why are you all still dwelling on this, now work something out" option. (Does the first option work?) If everyone cooperates and negotiates something without spitting and frothing at the mouth, I'm sure you can work out a solution. If not, the RP's going straight to hell, and everyone's leaving angry.

So there, that's my two cents. Maybe we can actually work through this wanking competition.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Cogidubnus

After long deliberation and thought, I have decided to withdraw.

No hard feelings on any side, and I don't wish to cause drama or be dramatic in doing so. But I do feel like there is not a peaceable solution here, and that further talking, negotioation, or argument serves no further purpose.

More than anything else, the problem stems from a difference in opinion, and it has been made abundantly clear which opinion is the correct one in this RP. That being said, rather than fight about it, I would rather choose to simply take my leave.

Aisha deCabre

Ah...I'm sorry to hear that all of this trouble has caused you to withdraw out of the RP, Cog.  Actually I'm sorry to hear that all this crap even happened in general...

It's certainly your decision, and I think some of us will miss having one more competent roleplayer step out.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

This RP is hereby canceled. I will be asking llearch whether if it would be sensible to take the main thread down.

In the mean time, see the vote. I mean, if you can be roused to do that.