Sims 2 SAIA?

Started by familyghost, April 19, 2007, 12:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

familyghost

So I had this little idea while I was talking to my buddy DM today.  I wanted to build something in Sims 2 that would be worth while and enteresting.  So... I came up with Building SAIA.  It could potentially be done on a single lot or in an actual University Expansion setting.  The only real complications come from A) that fact that no floor plans exsit, B) The Librarian would be hard to make, C) I have zero skill when it comes to customizing SIMS 2 stuff and D) I have zero orginizational skills.  So before I even think about getting started I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in either helping me build or come up with ideas for it.

Anyway thanks for listening.

Silverfoxr

well note that a verison of SAIA was attempted on Lost Lake on sl - but was abonded due to 1 not enough land 2 the idea of a big universty didnt fit into the current layout even thou it was built in the sky 3 having no real idea of what the layout of it looked like

so the lost lake inn exists - and gave up on trying to bring SAIA into existance its to big ><

current Sl DMFA related project: avatars of the cast - abel is being reworked at the moment since hes first verison got deleted

RJ

The only customising experience I have with Sims 2 is modifying colours for hair, eyes and clothes...

kaskar

is there a Cook's Tour Guide type of map around for the whole of Furree ?  That is, one that shows cities.  places of interest, etc,  but in graphics form .
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Rythak

My brother could probily make somethin like this... he plays sims 2 ALOT and i dunno what he did but he knows how to make weird things happen... like putting things diagonal in corners making walls curved not bent curved and he makes his own clothes and stuff...
but hey i think hes still mad at me for sellin his [Arcanite Reaper] in WoW so it might be awhile but ill have him do sumthin nice.

RJ

Quote from: Rythak on April 19, 2007, 09:34:54 AM
My brother could probily make somethin like this... he plays sims 2 ALOT and i dunno what he did but he knows how to make weird things happen... like putting things diagonal in corners making walls curved not bent curved and he makes his own clothes and stuff...
but hey i think hes still mad at me for sellin his [Arcanite Reaper] in WoW so it might be awhile but ill have him do sumthin nice.

You know, there's been quite a number of people who have set up their own websites where they offer objects and that for Sims 2 at a price. Does your brother do that?

Rythak

Quote from: RJ on April 19, 2007, 09:41:10 AM
Quote from: Rythak on April 19, 2007, 09:34:54 AM

You know, there's been quite a number of people who have set up their own websites where they offer objects and that for Sims 2 at a price. Does your brother do that?
I would ask him... but he is at school right now.

familyghost

Quote from: Silverfoxr on April 19, 2007, 01:51:46 AM
well note that a verison of SAIA was attempted on Lost Lake on sl - but was abonded due to 1 not enough land 2 the idea of a big universty didnt fit into the current layout even thou it was built in the sky 3 having no real idea of what the layout of it looked like

so the lost lake inn exists - and gave up on trying to bring SAIA into existance its to big ><

current Sl DMFA related project: avatars of the cast - abel is being reworked at the moment since hes first verison got deleted

Ahhh... that's what I feared.  I have zero chance...
Wait... SL... SL... Second Life?  Hmm... I think the building properties of the games might be entirely different.  Granted I might not be able to put it in the sky in Sims 2, but there is land a plenty.  For the most part if I had the appropriate floor layouts, designs and a drill sergent to keep on the project then it could be easy.  Still... no floor plans does create a problem...  In the end it's really a problem of the whole design of the university. 

*looks to Amber with pleading eyes*
*Imitates Oliver Twist*

Please Mrs. Amber we'd like a floor plan for SAIA...

P.S.:
Also, Rythak your brother has either the free rotation mod or is quite skilled with the boolprop cheats.

Rythak

For the floor plan... just let your imagination take over and see what happens.