04-04-2007 [770] Pricetags everywhere!

Started by Psaakyrn, April 04, 2007, 12:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Why not do what I do? If the serif is Stygians' choice, set my local css to overwrite it into lucinda console, or something equally helpful.

Makes him look much more mature, I tell you. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Can't I threaten to ban him instead?  :)

Illusionist

What's wrong with posting in a different font? As long as it isn't webdings or something.

kaskar

Kria, the store and Door destroying demon !
8) Just Hanging Around ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Illusionist on April 05, 2007, 08:28:35 AM
What's wrong with posting in a different font? As long as it isn't webdings or something.

Well, that's the problem, isn't it. How can you tell if someone decides to use webdings?

Of course, anyone who quotes the message will get it clearly without problems, but...

Alondro

Quote from: Ink on April 05, 2007, 06:06:46 AM
Quote from: Stygian on April 04, 2007, 07:04:06 PM
I was not referring to power. There, things always become quite tricky, no exceptions or buts or ifs allowed.

I was speaking of sheer physical prowess here, Ink. Nothing but. And in that respect it is my firm belief that dragons are superior in most aspects, save a few where it is convenient to be small.

That was a bit iffy given the context; being that blasting a door open is the same thing as breaking it down. Heh.

*Charline hmms*  Not to mention powers of individuals may be increased by magic and/or science... speaking of which, you haven't been performing any Kurotsuchi-like augmentations to yourself, have you?  *pokes Ink's halo*  Perhaps you've fused yourself with Armisael, the Angel with the initially halo-like appearance, thus giving you the ability to assimilate other life-forms!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

bill

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 05, 2007, 07:19:46 AMWhy not do what I do? If the serif is Stygians' choice, set my local css to overwrite it into lucinda console, or something equally helpful.

Can we compromise and get rid of Verdana?  Seriously, even Georgia would be an improvement over this.  I'd suggest Baskerville or Caslon, but my version is poorly hinted at whatever size this is.  Oh, by the way, Styg, your choice of font is not that bad (It's this one, right?).  A bit too much like Bodoni for my tastes, but...

Oh, also I'm curious as to how you're able to change it to Lucida Console if you spell it Lucinda. :B

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Homicidal_Kitten

From what Ms.Rhinoface says, Everything seems to have happen at that store.
I bet the Greek War thingmambob from a kiljillion years ago didn't happen there.
-gets armour shined-
She can't say it happened! She just can't this time! D:

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on April 05, 2007, 09:26:50 AM
Oh, also I'm curious as to how you're able to change it to Lucida Console if you spell it Lucinda. :B

I'm running Linux. I could call it "fish" if I wanted, as long as I went and explained to the system which font I meant by that... :-]

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 05, 2007, 11:47:36 AMI'm running Linux. I could call it "fish" if I wanted, as long as I went and explained to the system which font I meant by that... :-]

Oh, sure.  But at some point, you have to enter something like /Lucinda-Console (lucidaconsole.pfb) ;  If you're consistently misspelling it, that won't work.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Zedd

Pricecheck on evil mothers...Pricecheck on evil mothers who weld bladed weaponary..

ShiningShadow

*Price Check on splinterd doors and smoking wood*  >:3 Anywho I think Kria was going into mother protect only child mode it's very sweet but expensive *Ouch*.

Stygian

Yes, superluser, it is the Sylfaen font. Clever as usual... :rolleyes The same font as I use everywhere else on my system, actually. But what does that have to do with anything? Is this the comic discussion or not?

And everything did indeed happen at that store. Come on! They have corsets! How could it not?

... :shifty

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Stygian on April 05, 2007, 01:02:29 PM
Yes, superluser, it is the Sylfaen font. Clever as usual... :rolleyes The same font as I use everywhere else on my system, actually. But what does that have to do with anything? Is this the comic discussion or not?

And everything did indeed happen at that store. Come on! They have corsets! How could it not?

... :shifty

True Styggy and that's why everything is so darn expensive.

superluser

Quote from: Zedd on April 05, 2007, 12:22:49 PMPricecheck on evil mothers...Pricecheck on evil mothers who weld bladed weaponary..

I wonder if creatures need protective eyewear or clothing for welding?

Quote from: Stygian on April 05, 2007, 01:02:29 PMYes, superluser, it is the Sylfaen font. Clever as usual...

Well, I can't see it, and most of the examples that I see for that font are from the Caucasus region.  So when I found an example that looked to be the roman version, I had to add the caveat that I wasn't sure.

Funny that a Welsh word would be used for a Caucasian font.

kaskar

The super price tag . Cannot be pulled away by even the most savage creature , but releases by a special spell only known by the staff, owners, and salespeople . Most price - effective ...

Cball

Quote from: Killaexotic on April 04, 2007, 09:19:28 PM
Quote from: Cball on April 04, 2007, 02:44:38 AM
I can't believe that Amber is going to deprive us of seeing Lorenda in a Corset.  I was really anticipateing that :dribble

Such is the Goddes's plan for us.

-Cball
:wtf

Care to elaborate more?

I need to know if I am to call you a Heathen, Heritic or a sad closed minded fool.

Has Amber drawn any chr's that have been ugly?   Truly ugly?   or even remotely ugly? (she may claim all her works prior to 2001. but we know this to be false.)

I was in a production of 'The Good Doctor'.  Which ,for those that don't know, is a period piece where all the girls wore corsets.  There is no denying the appeal of the corset.  Why do you think it started in the first place.  To simply state the point.  I was completely amazed and blown away.

Either way.  I still stand by my origional statement.  I want to see Lorenda in a corset.  I imagine she would be irresistable.

kaskar

The last few days seems as if Amber is 'threading' along the corset line, and seems to be 'stringing' us along . As the plot pages ' pull ' together , the tension now may show us finally Lorenda in her corset . ( apologies to Bernadette )