Don't worry Amber!

Started by Reaver225, April 04, 2007, 05:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reaver225

The bonus comics are just that - bonuses. You're more than just a comic-producing machine! I'm sure the fans don't mind waiting for the extra material, so don't worry and have some fun time off.  :boogie And it's pretty unlikely that we're going to object since you've shown you DO care about getting the extra updates and stuff up, so it's not like we expect them to vanish suddenly. We'll just have to bide our impatience.  :eager

Show some support, guys! (Frankly I'm amazed she hasn't taken at least a short break, Amber's been not only giving out bonus comics, the bonuses of Cubi mind-reading and Abel's story have all been 3 times the size of the normal DMFA strips!)

Reese Tora

Nothing to add to the above...

:yeahthat

So long as Amber is keeping the tally of comics owed on the donation meter, I don't think anyone is going to be complaining about her skipping out on promises of extra comics... right? :chainsaw
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Prof B Hunnydew

Thanks Amber for the bomus comics and trying to get them out so quickly, but take some time off for yourself... We don't want to lose ya...

I hate to see it but Amber is selling herself too cheaply, and maybe she should raise her prices on bonus comics....

PBH

Turnsky

i had a feeling you were working yourself too hard with all those extra updates..

your health & sleep > DMFA, really.

I'm inclined to think that while you enjoy seeing us enjoy your comic, you make DMFA primarily for yourself, and that's all that counts.  :3

we can wait, the most important thing is that you don't work yourself into the ground.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quite.  When Amber announced she was looking at doing a 5-day-a-week schedule, the prospect of her overdoing it was the first thing that sprang to mind.  So I have no problems with delays etc, if it keeps her in good/better shape.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Illusionist

Amber, if you need it, take a break. I've seen a lot of artists mess themselves up by working too hard.

Dan Shive, I'm looking at you.

Tired Amber =  :cry

Well rested Amber =   :mowhappy

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ITOS on April 04, 2007, 07:18:30 AM

Go Amber! Go to sleep!

Hmmm. Can we use that as an emote, ITOS?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

Azraelle

I agree with everything said here.  Frankly, I'm amazed that Amber has been doing so many updates a week.  Taking on not only the main DMFA comic, but also Abel's Story and mini-arcs ... take a break!  You're going to burnout at the rate you're going, Amber!  No one's going to get mad and call you names for taking some time off or slowing down a bit.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

No worries about the extra updates... after all they are extra updates and you never said when they'd be used right? 

So don't burn yourself out hon take a breather and relax a bit

RushFox

Gah, I know what it's like to have a heavy workload. It bites.

I mean, you feel the obligation to please everybody, and you begin to feel like your stuck in an endless routine of school/work, eat, sleep, wake up, eat, etc to the point where you CRASH. I've been there a few times and it is never good to do that, ever.

Take some rest, Amber. Even if it's just for a couple days or whatever. Break that routine and go read a book, watch a movie or whatever. Don't worry about us, I'm sure we'll survive.  ;)