3/1/07- YEEEG!

Started by Boog, March 01, 2007, 08:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azlan

... I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own grinning? quite chapfallen? Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to' this favour she must come; make her laugh at that.

How I do love Shakespeare, I do hope I got the rest of that right... my memory is not what it used to be.

I will say this about Amber, that is bloody freaking awesome... the "language" is interpreted as Shakespeare, all I can say is amazing.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

superluser

Quote from: Aleolus on March 01, 2007, 10:06:39 PMOiyoiyoiyoiyoi!  A gigantic spider who thinks he's Hamlet?  What more could go on?  And more over, how did Dan know that Abel is creeped out by bugs, I wonder?

Well, Abel did complain about the spider-filled room.

Quote from: Narethlian on March 01, 2007, 10:55:26 PMShakespeare(Shakesbeare?)

There are actually 16 different ways to spell his name (yours is not one of them).  I recall that a public library demanded that an artist change a mosaic she made for the library with the name spelt `Shakespere.'  Interestingly, this was the spelling that the bard used when signing his name.  Doesn't explain the bit about ``(Albert) Eistein'' and ``(Vincent) Van Gough,'' though.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Turnsky

a scare like that's definitely better than coffee  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Hellcat

man are spiders intertaining...
http://www.glumbert.com/media/spiders,
So good for a laugh

Regal

Oh Dan, my respect for you has gone up a thousandfold.  :mowhappy

GabrielsThoughts

Oh NO! DAN  HAS BECOME A VAMPIRE!!!
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Janus Whitefurr

Is this a dagger I see before me, the handle towards my hand? Come, let me clutch thee...
I have thee not, and yet I see thee still! Art thou not fatal vision as sensible to feeling as to sight?
Or art thou but a dagger of the mind, a false creation proceeding from the heat oppressed brain!?

</used to recite the whole soliloquy by heart, and scared the rest of his highschool English class when we did Shakespeare by doing so.>
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Regal

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 01, 2007, 11:51:11 PM

Good. The world need some new ones. Now Dan can create a vampire army to battle the cubi!

Or not.

Valynth

hmm, so hypotheticly, if one was to capture enough of the spiders, one could have the entire works of Shakespear?  That would be awesome!

*a lot of spider traps and looks up at the various stares*

Well, I've gotta catch 'em all...

*throws self down some stairs for the bad reference*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Valynth on March 02, 2007, 01:00:47 AM
hmm, so hypotheticly, if one was to capture enough of the spiders, one could have the entire works of Shakespear?  That would be awesome!

*a lot of spider traps and looks up at the various stares*

Well, I've gotta catch 'em all...

*throws self down some stairs for the bad reference*

Freakiest altlier fanfic EVER.

Kenji

I can just hear it now...
"Creee~eepy Crawlers!" With Dan wiggling the spider around like the generic "gross little boy" on the commercials. With Abel playing the part of the "squeamish sister", of course.

Stygian

No, no! No need for concern! It might not look it, but that's me doing a stand-in with special effects. Like a butt-double. Dan couldn't quite make the ears, so a replacement was needed. [he snickers at his own joke]

Pluck the keen teeth from the fierce tiger's jaws...

Alondro

*Charles sighs*  No no, he's not a vampire.  He's an Exorcist and the teeth are just his Innocence.  ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Azraelle

So much for the other foot.  Either that, or Dan's fresh start with Abel is turning out pretty much like the last time.  And I don't care if it quotes Shakespeare, smells like peaches, or chauffers my car.  Waking up to a giant hairy spider like that is never a good thing.

Zedd

*smokes from a chocolate ciggaritte* So your saying you dont the big hair bugs on yourself? *the huskie looked at the racoon with a smirk*

superluser

Quote from: Valynth on March 02, 2007, 01:00:47 AMhmm, so hypotheticly, if one was to capture enough of the spiders, one could have the entire works of Shakespear?

Yes, but (insert pro forma reference to the infinite monkey theorem here)?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Doraion

*Me and ace are seen rolling on the floor laughing from Abel's reaction and Doraion sighs*  'Ok They are out of commission from laughter.  Also that isn't mean Charline, those spiders are docile.'

Fex

hehehe this one is great Dan is the most evil person atm =3 tobad we couldn't see Abel's face when he saw the spider

Doraion

Leave that to imagination Xp

"Course I think it's the usual reaction to seeing one like that when you wake up."

Zorro

Arachspearians are not sentient so they just don't know the truth.

Arachspearian is best IN THE ORIGINAL KLINGON!    :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on March 01, 2007, 11:24:42 PM

There are actually 16 different ways to spell his name (yours is not one of them).  I recall that a public library demanded that an artist change a mosaic she made for the library with the name spelt `Shakespere.'  Interestingly, this was the spelling that the bard used when signing his name.  Doesn't explain the bit about ``(Albert) Eistein'' and ``(Vincent) Van Gough,'' though.

I'm told the bard himself signed his name in multiple different ways....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Valynth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 02, 2007, 02:42:47 AM

I blame the fact that there are several different pronunciations that use the same alphabet.  Changeing the phonics of the letters, but leaving the letters intact, with a bit of repositioning.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

Aridas

Wasn't all that back in the days nobody cared how you spelled something as long as it could be read properly?

Valynth

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 02, 2007, 02:46:46 AM
Wasn't all that back in the days nobody cared how you spelled something as long as it could be read properly?

Yup, just go back into the Arthurian legends, the signs will have all sorts of wierd spellings.

Honestly, written english is the ***** of the phonic languages.

(the asterisk censor, protecting PG Ratings where ever he goes!)

Tezkat

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 01, 2007, 09:25:45 PM
The Arachspearians are due to get a Demonology 101 article soon, so I'll let a few tidbits slip.

Schweet... do I sense recurring characters? Those little guys are hilarious...  :mowhappy

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 02, 2007, 02:42:47 AM
Quote from: superluser on March 01, 2007, 11:24:42 PM

Yup. There were definitely more than 16 variants, as well, though the general consensus is that they were all pronounced the same way. For linguistics and accent buffs like myself, historical spelling and rhymes give us a fascinating insight into the times...  :kittycool
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Siirenias

*cautious peek about*

I just had to reregister to congradulate on that award-winning expression.  And the Arachspearians, of course.

*shifty eyes* *skitter skitter*

DeedaeicMess

At first I thought the Arachspearians were just normal Arachnids who, for completely comedic purposes, were extremely big and happened to quote Shakespeare. I didn't know that they were a unique species. Now that I know I actually like them. A lot. I have to ask, Amber - what do the colors mean, exactly? You mentioned the colors went along with the particular kind of poetry the critter liked to quote.

Tapewolf

That was pretty funny, but I guess I would have preferred to see Abel and Dan come to some kind of agreement.

(Maybe the 'clean slate' starts from 9am and Dan is getting back at him while he still can...)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Angel

XDDDDDDDDD Amber, you just won the Internet. And Arachspearians have earned a warm, fuzzy place in my heart...   :love3

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on March 02, 2007, 12:07:54 AM
Is this a dagger I see before me, the handle towards my hand? Come, let me clutch thee...
I have thee not, and yet I see thee still! Art thou not fatal vision as sensible to feeling as to sight?
Or art thou but a dagger of the mind, a false creation proceeding from the heat oppressed brain!?

</used to recite the whole soliloquy by heart, and scared the rest of his highschool English class when we did Shakespeare by doing so.>

No fair! I was gonna suggest Macbeth next! (annoyed a noisy freshman by telling him what he said was "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing")

(thinks) Ooh! Here's one I think no-one suggested!

Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean,
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes,
A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Doth with their death bury their parents' strife.

Hee hee... God, how badly would Abel freak to have Romeo and Juliet quoted at him?

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Kaerou

Eeeee,is awesomes. I Giggled X3

Thanks for clearing the spiders up there Amber, i was thinking they were smert for a while!

However, i too can see a lot of silly people trying to use them as a 'get-quick way of learning magic/getting some various power'.  Only have to look outside at the various silly people out there to understand why!

Hehe.. they're still scary x_x

Dans expression is a classic though..!  Is like.. rawr, i'm a Lion. X3

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!