2007/02/17 (Abel) That's quite a welcome

Started by superluser, February 17, 2007, 12:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=1514.msg59347#msg59347

Linked in this thread. I would have expected you to read it, though...

To whit: Cubi/Being hybrids tend to look like the Being parent. Abel looks like May. Ergo, May is not Cubi. Quod Erat Demonstratum.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 18, 2007, 08:30:12 PMhttp://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=1514.msg59347#msg59347

Linked in this thread. I would have expected you to read it, though...

*hem*

You said that May might not want to learn magic because she already knew it.  Then you said that this couldn't be true because of what Amber said.  This implies that Amber said something about May not knowing magic.

And then you point out that Amber said that `cubi-being hybrids tend to resemble the being.  That doesn't have anything to do with whether May knows magic.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

True. My meaning, however, was that "May may know magic because she's a Cubi" which is, obviously, counter to Amber's statement - the general thrust of the argument being various people claiming May is a Cubi.

My apologies. I shall endeavour to speak a little more volubly, and a little less circuitously. :-)

May may know magic, but is definitely not a Cubi, unless Amber is just playing with us. Which is always possible. Amber has also stated that Beings tend to not know magic - Merlitz is an obvious exception, but he's unusual, or so she says - so why would Kria offer to teach it to her? Is Magic something -anyone- may learn, but beings tend not to? Or is is just something that you need the 'knack' to pick up?

If the latter, what reason does Amber have for suggesting May has the knack?

In summation: May may or may not be a Cubi, although evidence (in the form of Abel) suggests not. May may or may not have the knack for Magic, and that may or may not be significant. And, finally, it's still unknown why neither May nor Cid identified the Cubi marking on Abel - or at least feigned ignorance. For years.

Ah, sweet possibilities. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 19, 2007, 08:44:07 AM
And, finally, it's still unknown why neither May nor Cid identified the Cubi marking on Abel - or at least feigned ignorance. For years.

The impression I had was that May only just noticed it because Abel had spent the last few years away at Uni.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E