Kingdom Hearts (IC)

Started by Melpomene, February 05, 2007, 12:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melpomene

"I'd expect the military to only feed them," Koin replied bluntly. He followed though, playing with the watch hung from around his neck. "Koin Cerebellum. Nothing ever stops anything," he replied, still being rather frank for a twelve-year-old. Koin said nothing on the matter of safety, instead following the way to the outstanding house. It was something from a book, and was one of the few things that could take Koin aback. He stared for a few moments, never having seen anything of this stature before. "Nice? It's godly," Koin told Ze, pausing to look around.

Heartless were watching.

They always watched. But Koin still found the yellow eyes rather creepy. He stared back a few moments into the darkness, before turning and glancing at where he had hoped their anonymous savior from earlier would be. Then, Koin crawled through the hole after Ze. "What world is this?" he asked Ze after emerging from the other side, dusting off his hands and knees.

The Dark Thorn tore the rest of the roof and part of the house off as it searched for Amayax. It snarled a bit, aiming a punch for the ground near her. It seemed determined to gather Amayax, no matter what happened to the world around her. Curious, as she had no Heart, yet it still sought her death so thoroughly.

To add to curiousity, portals simultaneously opened on the rest of the house's walls, granting the Nobody's escape. They led to random places, different worlds, or simply other places within her own world. Most were dark, though one or two could be seen as shining white. The Dark Thorn ignored these, however, bent on destruction.

Kenji

Kadais kept swinging his arms towards the crowd as he picked up his gummi and backed away. The sounds of the crackling and roaring of the flame echoed through the empty village. As the volleys kept coming, parts of the town ended up catching on fire. Houses, stores, barrels, and plants were enflamed, lighting the area with an orange glow and filled the sky with smoke. Eventually, Kadais backed against a building. He glanced over his shoulder, noting the position of the door. He thrust his arm down, creating an 8 foot pillar of fire between him and the heartless. Immediately afterwards, he turned and darted into the door, closed it, and set the lock. Inside, he grabbed his swallow and caught a bit of breath. He glanced out the back door and stepped outside, hoping at least the majority of the creatures were still out front.

RJ

Amayax dove to the floor as the rest of the roof was swept away by the Dark Thorn.

"Geez, there's no such thing as 'subtle' in a Heartless' dictionary..." She rolled out of the way as a fist came for her- barely missing and driving another hole into the building. "My apartment is totally trashed too."

She used her Keyblade to help herself to her feet and stared up at the Dark Thorn as it snarled.

"You're coming for me despite the fact I told you I have no Heart," she said to herself quietly in thought. "So there must be some kind of importance... but this is one fight..."

Once again, her words were cut short as black portals appeared on the walls around her. She eyed them curiously, glancing back up at the Dark Thorn- given the choice of staying and having to fight a losing battle, or going through a portal to an unknown destination...

"I'm outta here," Amayax said, running off into the nearest portal- one that shone as white as her Keyblade. The house behind her started to crumble apart as the Dark Thorn continued to rip into it.

Amayax shielded her eyes from the brilliant white glare. She fell to her knees suddenly, feeling unusually tired.

"What's... going on...?" she muttered before feeling her mind cloud over and grow dark.

Tiny crested flint

Grunda felt relieved when he saw the two humans take off like a shot and moved to tail them while the larger monster was still dizzied.  Indeed, the two moved very speedily as Grunda tried to keep up but after leaving the monsters behind and out of sight his pace slowed greatly.  

His charge had wiped him of most of his energy and now his legs burned and chest ached.  The two younger figures began to shrink into the distance ahead until they turned down a side street.

Grunda ran breathlessly to the corner and turned down it in time to see them crawl through a hole in a hedge-fence farther away, a gap which he knew he would never fit through.  

"Good, those brothers got away safely" he panted while resting his hands on his knees for a moment then reached into a pocket of his apron for a potion.  Feeling that his job was done, Grunda started to follow the perimeter of the fence, watching for any more trouble.

Boog

While his brethren chased Kadais, ten Neo Shadows and Soldiers not even going around the house, but instead clambering over, Restriction was in a bit of a pickle. He'd built up enough momentum to swing his lock with quite a bit of force, but the lock was quite big and the heartless quite small. As a result, the laws of physics left the lock and the heartless orbitting one another, rather than one allowing itself to merely be swung.
I overdid it! Oh no! Nononononono- With a wail, he released the lock (in hopes of that getting rid of the feeling that he was quite close to colliding with it) which flew a good distance and landed to the left side of the house. Unfortunatly for Restriction, it pulled him with it.
"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH-Oof!" Tumbling a bit, Restriction looked up to see Kadais leaving the building, now with a real weapon. Panicking yet more and hastily untangling himself from his own chain, he swung the lock back into his own grip and hefted it to defend himself.
This... Was a bad plan...

Azlan

Ze was taken slightly aback by Koin's question, "what world... well Ihsan of course, that is certainly not a question I expected.  I take it that you are not from around here then?"

Ze walked as he talked, leading the younger one into the large house, "nothing is invincible, you must tell me more about the Heartless.  If they are here, then I will have to fight them."  A small ball of a wispy gray color appeared in his palm, "I must know if powers, sword or... gun... will affect them."  Ze said the word 'gun' with a bit of a pause and a brief glance to the weapon holstered on his left side.

Traveling through the expansive halls, Ze eventually lead Koin to a lavish study.  Without knocking, he burst into the room, "Father!  Ihsan is in danger we..."

Ze paused, apparently danger was already present.

Grunda followed the perimeter of the fence and arrived at the front entrance.  A middle aged gentleman in a fine suit opened the gate at Grunda's approach.  "you are the one that help Master Zezare and his new friend out on the causeway.  Come, I am sure Master Zezare would want to thank you for your assistance."

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kenji

Kadais dashed out from inside the house, ready to make a beeline for safety. Out of the corner of his eye he caught a glimpse of a blotch of black and jumped surprised to the side. He landed, kneeling down on one hand and narrowed his eyes at the creature. He stood back up and poised himself, swallow in hand, aiming at the small heartless. He was ready to destroy the creature, but something about it made him curious. It seemed much less hostile than the rest and it was... wearing clothes? "Aaaugh! What is up with these things?", he muttered to himself, frustrated. He glared at the small creature, clenching his teeth. "What are you things? And where do you keep coming from!?" Kadais circled slowly around Restriction, tail crackling loudly.

Boog

"We come from the heart of dar- oop!" Restriction covered his mouth, cutting off his inadvertent sharing of knowledge and almost dropping the lock directly on his own foot. Picking it back up and crouching behind it for a shield, he replied "You killed a little one! You're dangerous!" the way he held the lock shifted slightly; ready to be held up to deflect attack, but also ready to be swung, "Dangerous things are bad! You're bad! I haveta make you go away!"
Six of his guards leapt off of the roof of the house, four still clambering over. Need more guards! Restriction thought, I'm not safe here! "Heartless! Brothers! Help!" He yelled, calling four Blue Rhapsodies to his aid.

Tiny crested flint

Grunda allowed himself to be led through the large mansion, completely dumbstruck by the granduer of the palce.  He quickly tried to wipe off the stains and grease from his clothes and hair.  Without any success.  Quietly he thought to himself "what have gotten myself into? This master Zezare is obviously high-class. Also, doesn't this man mean masters, there were two of them?" "I wonder what kind of kitchen a place like this has," he thought with a gleam in his eye.  Nothing ever kept him away for long.

Kenji

Kadais's ears flicked as Restriction spoke. "'The Heart of Daroop'? Never heard of it." The fires in the village bellowed around them, making the whole area glow, and yet filling the sky with a pitch black veil of smoke. Kadais huffed at Restriction's comment about the "little one". "Dangerous? Dangerous!? I wasn't the one cornering a small child. My friends weren't the ones.." Kadais shudders slightly, fur bristling, "Stealing peoples' hearts!" As more of the Heartless came to view over the burning buildings, the four Blue Rhapsodies appearing alongside them, Kadais held near one of the ends of his swallow, swung it in circles twice over his head, and jumped forward, using the momentum to swing the weapon at the Heartless in a wide arc.

Boog

Kadais' weapon went through three Blue Rhapsodies like a hot chainsaw through rice paper. The fourth fired a Blizzard spell at him.
"We need 'em! Now let me make you go away!" Restriction cried, swinging the heavy lock clumsily at Kadais legs. He didn't use much in the way of the chain itself, so it was mostly muscle and no momentum. Restriction was panicking again.

Azlan

The middle aged man in the room that Ze had addressed as father had just finished off a strange warrior wearing a metal helmet and wielding claws.  Under the armor and clothes the creature looked much like the shadows that were everywhere outside.  It dissipated almost as if it had not really been there.

"Yes son, Ihsan does appear to be in danger, the Heartless have returned."  the man said as he shouldered his sword, "I really had hoped we would be able to finish our work before anything even remotely like this happened.  Zezare, who is your friend here?"

His father was acting strange, a little bit different then his cold, all-business demeanor, it was almost pleasing to Ze, "uh, this is Koin... Cerebellum.  I ran into him out in town, but when the Heartless came, I didn't think it would be good to leave him alone out there." 

"Indeed, you have a very strong heart my son.  Come, I need your help with something before we alert the military."

Koin and Grunda (when he arrives) will certainly feel something odd here, centered on the father rather then Ze.

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"