Martial artists

Started by thegayhare, September 20, 2009, 09:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

hi hi folks

A while back I was looking into purchasing a replica of a sword from Bleach. the thing that struck me was the shape of the blade and how similer it looked to a chefs knife.

While I was thinking about that I also thought about my time in culinary school. One of the first things my teacher told us was that a chef needed to have 3 knives in his kit. A small pairing knife, a long boning knife and a chef's knife. With that thought and with the image of the chef's sword in my mind I came up with the medivel school of culinary combat.

Students become deadly fighters and soldiers as well as skilled cooks.

There are 3 broad ranks. each rank is defined by the sword you have been granted. below you see 3 cooks from the lowest rank of the school. Once an apprentice has gained the rank he is granted his first sword. The short single edges Paring sword.

The Cook Of the Line is a basic soldier of the culinary legions. skilled cooks, and talanted fighters any cook of the line Is a welcome addition to an army. Some never raise above this rank, and for most that is by chioce rather then any lack of skill the wear white leather armor stylized into a cooks jacket and a pillbox cooks cap as a standard uniform.

The Butchers are the veterans of the legions. Grizzled Sargent's who's skills in the kitchen have lapsed but there skills are parting meat from bone. Deadly fighters who tend to wield massive meat cleavers in combat with a startling grace and skill. There normal cooks uniform is supplemented with an armored butcher's apron.

And finaly we have a field cook. Field cooks are sort of the rangers of the school. While any cook from the school can prepare a meal in the field most are more at home cooking in a kitchen rather round a campfire. It is said that you can leave a feild cook in a desert with no supplies and within hours they would have a a 4 course banquet underway. They tend to be heavily armed and armored with there armor designed to double as cooking utensils. They are also proud monster hunters and will often hire out there services as such. They also jealously guard recipes that use the meats gained only from monster hunting but are said to make some of the most delicious meals.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2813248

Succubus_1982

I love it! What a great idea. Combining the two is probably not something everyone would think of right away but when you do think of it, it seems almost natural. I'm presuming the one to the far right is the Field cook? The guy on the left looks too refined for that job.
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

thegayhare

Yep the girl bunny on the right is the Field cookThough she might look frail she can use that hammer quite well

and she can make a can owlbear stew too

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on September 20, 2009, 10:44:35 AM
I love it! What a great idea. Combining the two is probably not something everyone would think of right away but when you do think of it, it seems almost natural. I'm presuming the one to the far right is the Field cook? The guy on the left looks too refined for that job.

Myr

I have to concur, that is an interesting idea. Especially the way you explained it, and had a rather good picture to give an even better idea. Hmm...
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh.

Lois McMaster Bujold had the same basic concept (land where the emperor didn't allow anyone more than 20 troops. So someone got 2000 cooks... He got beaten, in the end, and locked up in a cage to starve to death...) but I love what you've done with it - all she had was a passing reference to it, and nothing more...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Realy Llearch?  man I thought I'd thought up something compleatly orriginal

damn

Oh well here is a link to the next part
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/2868925/

Myr

Heh, as stated before on FA, have to like that picture.

As to the confectionist...after giving that a read I can see a very good quote on their part.

'Give me an army of wide-eyed maniacs any day! The killing just doesn't end until the frenzy fades, or everyone is dead.' Well, at least when he uses the type that makes one go berserk.

Can't wait to see the next one, as it were.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

thegayhare

http://www.furaffinity.net/full/2927361/

Here we have what may be the final commission in my combat chef's series

Here we have the master ranks of the culinary schools

Once a warrior reaches this lofty position they are presented with the third and final sword of the army. The mighty Chef's sword The chef's sword is a mighty weapon and each sword has been crafted specificly for the chef it has been given too. It's blade is inscribed with a mystic recipie of great power in the hidden language of the master chefs

Here you see the three master ranks, the generals of the culinary forces.

The first is Simply a Master Chef. Chef's at this rank are powerful soldiers, and decisive leaders. Often ate the head of massive armies, it is said that a Master Chef instinctively knows the ingredients needed for a particular victory. there grasp of tactics and and ability to read a situation is legendary. and some kings literally offer them there own weught in gold to lead there armies.

Next we have the Master Baker. The bakers are something of the clerics of the army. While hey follow no religion and preach of no god they do follow certain tenets in which they try to heal and give comfort to there fellows. While they are skilled fighters they prefer not to kill and so they tend to fight with weighted rolling pins rather then there swords. They are capable of creating baked goods with miraculous healing properties ofr can be used to devastating effect( trust me a well thrown day old roll can easily render a foe unconscious)

The final rank is the Saucerior. These chefs rarely see the front lines of a battle. Instead they spend there time overlooking the battle mixing together powerful and potent stews and soups. These mystic saucier's are said to be able to turn the tide of a battle with a single stir of the ladle.

techmaster-glitch

Okay, so you've got Students, Captains, and Generals...

but are you planning on adding any Culinary Commandos?  >:3

LionHeart

Quote from: thegayhare on October 17, 2009, 10:08:22 PM( trust me a well thrown day old roll can easily render a foe unconscious)

Sounds a lot like the "battle bread" and "combat muffins" of the Discworld dwarfs.

Or the "Chinese fighting muffins" from the Charlie's Angels movie...

QuoteThe final rank is the Saucerior. These chefs rarely see the front lines of a battle. Instead they spend there time overlooking the battle mixing together powerful and potent stews and soups. These mystic saucier's are said to be able to turn the tide of a battle with a single stir of the ladle.

So, they practice Saucery? Or is it "Sauciery"? ;)
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

thegayhare

A new piccy for you folks
and no it's not a culinary one this time

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2979191

Here you have Three followers of The Physical Path. A partial art I came up with in my old story "A Midnight Duel" I am planning a sequal but like everything It's been much delayed. story can be found here
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/491966/
Warning it does include gay sex

Here you see masters of the schools three forms of fighting,
While early students develop an over all knowledge of the physical path, and learn several fighting forms once they rise above novices Many choss to focus only on one of the three branches of learning

The first is the way of the Fist. The fist form is deceptively named since it involves much more then simply punching the enemy the school teaches a variety of strikes all utilizing the upper body's strength. To increase this the school has it's followers wear great iron gauntlets, the stronger the fighter the heavier the gauntlets. these build up the fighters strength not only while fighting but through out there daily routine as well as providing the fighter with more striking power. The gauntlets also let the fighter deflect bladed weapons bare handed as it were.

Next you have the way of the Body. These fighters focuse on grappling technichs, throws, crushes, and numerous holds. Unlike other some other fighting schools which would have there fighters add additional layers of fat over there muscle to lower there center of gravity, the stidents of the Body wear massive armormed tunics of layered iron.

The final path is the way of the Feet. Fighters who follow the feet rely on the speed and strength of there legs. The schools students wear thick Iron boots in order to build up there leg strength. True masters of the Feet are often said to move more like cancers rather then fighters, thought thus notion usually only lasts till someone's ribs have been shattered by an iron shod boot.