1/20/07- Abels story- Just fine

Started by Boog, January 19, 2007, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt

Quote from: Akisohida on January 19, 2007, 10:11:57 PM
2 ) If the amulet WAS holding her top on, and she gave it to Abel..HOORAY! *Ducks*

:giggle :giggle

Definately still a bit speacheless with the .. what .. wings?!? ... definately awesome wings there!

I was wondering what was up with the Red-Green colour change on the skull thing. Good catch with the "they match with the person's eye colour". Always usefull when your magical talismon doesn't clash :)

e_voyager

Yes i have to admit that the wings surprised me. still i have to rate her at, at least an eight on the hotness scale.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Goatmon

I don't see any wings at all, except for Abel's.... o.O

Did I miss something?

Distracting

...it almost makes you wonder how she knew the south path was "safe". :B

But admittedly, I do love the wings a lot...

Gareeku

Quote from: Goatmon on January 19, 2007, 10:42:36 PM

Did I miss something?

You did, apparently. You missed the newest strip. X3

superluser

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 19, 2007, 09:26:17 PMWell, I think that Kria's medallion actually HIDES her own wings, or demonic attributes for her, and that she's equipping it to Abel in order to prevent any more Adventurers from ambushing him.

You've got a point there.

(Karma's still broken)

...Or maybe not.

Quote from: Akisohida on January 19, 2007, 10:11:57 PMIt she WAS teaching a class, keeping Abels headwings visible would keep the students from attacking him because they would know he is not a being. Hiding his headwings would be bad in that case.

Well, in that case, she'd be able to say, ``See that guy out there?  Don't kill him.''

Back to the topic at hand, I think it's curious that she would give Abel a patch rather than just tell him to hide his wings.  This must mean that either (A) she doesn't know what `cubi are, or (B) she knows that Abel is within his first few days of manifesting his incubus powers.  There are surely other `cubi at Zinvth.  That means that (A) is not likely, and Dan learned how to hide his wings with minimal effort within [however much time elapsed between 303 and 621], because someone else would have taught him that technique fairly quickly.

That means that Kria was probably watching Abel from before the attack and noticed the distinct lack of headwings before.  And either she didn't recognize Abel until she got up close, or she's reaching new levels of evilness by killing Abel's companions, *who she knew were his friends and no threat to Abel*, and then pretending like it didn't happen to Abel's face.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 19, 2007, 10:24:25 PMif she was up there in the first place, there's no reason she couldn't leap out the back...

Well, just because you have wings doesn't mean that they're not vestigial.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Goatmon

Quote from: Gareeku on January 19, 2007, 10:45:38 PM
Quote from: Goatmon on January 19, 2007, 10:42:36 PM

Did I miss something?

You did, apparently. You missed the newest strip. X3

So I did.  >_>;

Oh well, glad that's cleared up. 

The wings are mucho smexy. o.o

Sid

About Kria being responsible or not:
She knows that the South path is empty, so I guess that she had been there recently. Glory's last pre-battle words were to head that way, too. I assume she told them that because their group just came that way... following the trail of the monster... *plays creepy music*

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 19, 2007, 09:26:17 PM
Though, I think I know what Kria's medallion is for now--time for more speculation from moi. Notice how Abel's backwings and headwings disappear when he holds the medallion. Well, I think that Kria's medallion actually HIDES her own wings, or demonic attributes for her, and that she's equipping it to Abel in order to prevent any more Adventurers from ambushing him.

Well observed, I totally missed the connection (and Abel's lack of wings)! *gives KBJ a cookie* Once again proving that I shouldn't read comics at 5am.

While considering to write a oneshot fanfic about Demons, I also planned that they're hiding their wings by means of magic, so today's comic didn't shock me too much. Kria's amulet being the magic equivalent of a patch is interesting, though. Less the fact that she was using one (CJP kinda prepared me for their existence, if I recall correctly... Christ, I really have to re-read and catch up with that story...), but rather her amulet actually being one.

Interesting how Amber finds ways of answering long-forgotten questions this way. :)

Oh, and Kria's wings are TOTALLY AWESOME AND SO FULL OF WIN.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 19, 2007, 09:26:17 PM
Honestly though, I sort of hope Devin and Xander aren't immediately forgotten. Yes, I know they're dead, but surely they can't be deposited off in the garbage and so instantly abandoned by all the characters?

At this rate... I fear for the worst. :/ Abel leaving the location of the fight pretty much means the end for them. Only chance basically is for him having a moment in the next strip, just before leaving.
:boogie

Aridas

I don't really think all DMFA demons are supposed to have horns. I know that the horns of the two previously mentioned demons are actually kinda part of the animal species they're representing, not necessarily that it's because they're demons.

Goatmon

Yeah.  I first thought maybe she was a Cubi but she lacks the headwings so that's out. 

Sid

Quote from: Goatmon on January 19, 2007, 11:26:02 PM
Yeah.  I first thought maybe she was a Cubi but she lacks the headwings so that's out. 

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_618.php is a blunt, but effective reply to that ;)
But I think it's well-established that Kria's not a Cubi. That would be... odd...

superluser

Sid

Quote from: superluser on January 19, 2007, 11:43:57 PM
Quote from: Sid on January 19, 2007, 11:30:02 PMhttp://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_618.php is a blunt, but effective reply to that ;)

Well, why would she need the bolo tie then?

I didn't say she is a Cubi. I just meant that lack of headwings is not exactly a good way to determine that somebody is not a Cubi. You know, because Cubi are shapeshifters.

About her needing the amulet in the first place - Azlan's cast page hinted at the open question why magic-using races need/use patches at all since they apparently have the potential to shapeshift anyway (Dragons and Cubi are proven to be able to, and Azlan's entry hints that the Fae can do so, too. Thus, the idea of Demons being able to shapeshift isn't too absurd.). So that is a better question than you most likely thought. ;)

Goatmon

Quote from: superluser on January 19, 2007, 11:43:57 PM
Quote from: Sid on January 19, 2007, 11:30:02 PMhttp://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_618.php is a blunt, but effective reply to that ;)

True, but there's no reason that there wouldn't be any CUbi out there, unaware of their heritage and thus are likely oblivious to their shapeshifting powers and such.  If Aaryanna hadn't come to kill Dan way back he wouldn't have known.  Fa'lina wouldn't have found out about him (and further educated him about what he is) either, were it not for her. 

Dan only learned how to change some of his appearance without a patch recently.  In any case, this just means Kria's a bit more unique than we originally thought. 

Sid

Quote from: Goatmon on January 20, 2007, 12:04:55 AM
True, but there's no reason that there wouldn't be any CUbi out there, unaware of their heritage and thus are likely oblivious to their shapeshifting powers and such.

Of course not, and I'm not arguing about that. :P

However, Lorenda also told Jyrras that her mother is a demon-mare, and although we have seen the word "demon" being used for non-Demon races, I doubt that this is the case here. (I could of course be lazy and just point at Kria's cast page, but it's more fun to argument based on the comics. ;))

...come to think of it, I'm kinda losing track of who is arguing for or against what, so I'll just stop here before I start replying to (and disagreeing with) my own posts or something xD

QuoteIf Aaryanna hadn't come to kill Dan way back he wouldn't have known. Fa'lina wouldn't have found out about him (and further educated him about what he is) either, were it not for her.

He would've known when his headwings popped out. Additionally, Alexsi knew of his heritage, and Mab and Pyro would've realized what's going on. Getting to SAIA would have depended on Alexsi or Mab knowing of it. Either is possible.

Zedd

In short....Read all pages before saying anything...

superluser

Quote from: Sid on January 19, 2007, 11:52:51 PM
Quote from: superluser on January 19, 2007, 11:43:57 PMWell, why would she need the bolo tie then?
I didn't say she is a Cubi. I just meant that lack of headwings is not exactly a good way to determine that somebody is not a Cubi.

I didn't say that you thought that she was one of the `cubi.  Just adding other reasons as to why she wouldn't be.

Quote from: Sid on January 19, 2007, 11:52:51 PM(Dragons and Cubi are proven to be able to, and Azlan's entry hints that the Fae can do so, too. Thus, the idea of Demons being able to shapeshift isn't too absurd.).

Well, dragons can shift from wyrm form to the anthro form, but aside from that, do we have any information on whether or not they can shift into any arbitrary form?  Can they do it on a whim, or does it take training to master the Samurai Lincoln form?

Quote from: Sid on January 20, 2007, 12:17:02 AMGetting to SAIA would have depended on Alexsi or Mab knowing of it. Either is possible.

I had a theory about that once...

Regal

Quote from: Gareeku on January 19, 2007, 09:39:35 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on January 19, 2007, 09:35:41 PMCoolest.  Wings.  Ever.

Quoted for truth.

Well that solves the mystery of Kria being a wingless demon (or not, as we've found out). Now then, what of Lorenda?

She's still young. Maybe they haven't sprouted yet. A nice surprise for Jy one day.  :mowwink

Fex

ooo she got nice wings I wanna hug them :mowmeep but I just know she would eat me like a cookie :mowcookie

Eibborn

Aw, he really was sweet back in the day. Asking 'What about you?' when he is as shaken as his is? That's very gentlemanly. Unless he just wanted her to come with him...  :)
/kicks the internet over

superluser

Quote from: Fex on January 20, 2007, 01:16:17 AMooo she got nice wings I wanna hug them

Hugging leathery wings is generally quite difficult.  They're not rigid structures, and it's usually just a flap of skin over some bone.  If you're not careful, you can tear the skin and then the wing is useless.

Two points that I've been meaning to make are the following:

(1) She couldn't have flown there.  How would she have carried the amulet?
(2) Why is the *left* eye on the amulet green?  Shouldn't that be the right eye? 

Valynth

Quote from: superluser on January 20, 2007, 01:44:24 AM
(1) She couldn't have flown there.  How would she have carried the amulet? 

Does the amulet make the wings cease to be or is it purely cosmetic, such as making anything more than the normal being frame invisible?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

superluser

Quote from: Valynth on January 20, 2007, 01:50:53 AM
Quote from: superluser on January 20, 2007, 01:44:24 AM(1) She couldn't have flown there.  How would she have carried the amulet?
Does the amulet make the wings cease to be or is it purely cosmetic, such as making anything more than the normal being frame invisible?

While we don't know for sure, my money's on the full transformation, like a patch.  Otherwise, the wings might wind up hitting things.  Would be great at parties... ``What?  No, I didn't hit you.  You all saw me; did I hit him?''

Izkata

Heh.  I didn't notice Abel's wings or the skull's eye color the first time, either.

I thought it was a cubi that took Kria's form - either because she knows who Abel is, or because she read his mind and knew he'd trust Kria.  Which could make this the reason why Abel doesn't change his base form, right?

chaotik

oh, come ON......I've seen this coming ever since we found out Kria was his freaking schoolteacher. of COURSE she's been doing the killings...she once introduced herself by killing a pizzaboy just so she could say hi to Lorenda.  KRIA IS AN EVIL BITCH. Sparing Abel was a whim....I have no doubt that if he ever puts two and two together, realizes she is the one who killed Devin, and confronts her about it, she'll turn on him in an instant.  Sadly, since this is all flashback, it doesn't look like she'll ever be brought to task.

*spits*

I miss the times when the good guys would actually FIGHT the bad guys....this shades of grey crap is getting aggrivating. and it isn't even a particularly light shade of grey either.

MT Hazard

On the subject of magical patches, has anyone thought about  Lorenda's earrings ?

"The earrings Lorenda has are the only memento she has of her father. They were a gift to Kria which were given to Lorenda when she turned five."

A patch in disguise?

In another strip she mentions sending Lorenda to a normal school so she'd blend, kind of hard to blend with giant wings.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Magic

Jyrras hasn't been born yet.

Why do you people assume patches exist?

Polymorphic magic and the ability to enchant them into objects has existed before the technology to make it effortless.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 20, 2007, 05:00:07 AM
On the subject of magical patches, has anyone thought about  Lorenda's earrings ?

This speculation has now been added to Lorenda's Wiki entry.  (In fact it is currently the only information about her, the rest of the entry being a stub).

And yay for concealment charms  :)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Thank you doctor and tape....I want to add Please tell them reason why she has wings cause shes the type of demon who has wings so if they keep bringing up..."Is she a cubi?!" thing again..Feel free to smack em around...And leave room for me okays sir?