1-6-07: Cold...dark

Started by willow186129, January 05, 2007, 08:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

News Flash: Devin is still dead. Counseling groups are available at the guidance office.

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on January 05, 2007, 10:29:36 PMHe's dead, Jim.  Jim, he's dead.   :<  I can't find his katra either.  Several adventurer voices cried out in pain and were suddenly silenced.  He was struck down... but he didn't become more powerful than I could possibly imagine, unlike Obiwan.  It's over... it's all over...  :cry

O Lady, he is dead and gone!
  Lady, he 's dead and gone!
And at his head a green grass turfe,
  And at his heels a stone.

That's pretty much it.  I don't think there's any coming back from that.

Addendum:

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 05, 2007, 10:37:05 PMNews Flash: Devin is still dead.

And now, as a public service to those of our viewers who have difficulty with their hearing, I will repeat the top story of the day aided by the Headmaster of the New York School for the Hard of Hearing, Garrett Morris.

Our top story tonight: Adventurer Devin Mernstar is still dead.  Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Netami

Rowne

Did dying Devin just have a Tennant Moment™?

Rose, I never got to tell you that I ... {fade off}

Well, Xander in this case but Doctor Who fans will get my meaning.

I also find magic within the DMFA Universe rather ... interesting, they can fling around all sorts of whizzbang crockjimmery around the skies in the form of lightning darts and ice crystals, considering this I'd have to say that if Glory is truly any kind of a Paladin then she'd have some kind of resurrection capability within her repertoire.  That's if she hasn't left already.

(Cleaned up my post, realised I was going to write one thing there and I wrote another entirely and those two sentences got mashed together.)

Zedd

Quote from: Rowne on January 05, 2007, 10:54:31 PM
Did dying Devin just have a Tennant Moment™?

Rose, I never got to tell you that I ... {fade off}

Well, Xander in this case but Doctor Who fans will get my meaning.

I also find magic within the DMFA Universe rather ... interesting, they have ice spells and they can fling all sorts of whizzbang crockjimmery around the skies in the form of lightning darts and ice crystals, considering this I'd have to say that if Glory is truly any kind of a Paladin then she'd have some kind of resurrection capability within her repertoire.  That's if she hasn't left already.

Good point you have there...But good to see you again my friend...We need to talk

bill

Woo, someone got my reference. I feel... special.

"Hello, I'm Chevy Chase, and you're not."

Sunblink

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 05, 2007, 10:37:05 PM
News Flash: Devin is still dead. Counseling groups are available at the guidance office.

*limps her way to the nearest counseling group, sniffling and cuddling her Devin plushie* *chanting* It's only a bad dream, he's still alive. It's only a bad dream, he's still alive. It's only a bad dream...

~Keaton the Black Jackal really needs to get over her denial

Caswin

Quote from: Alondro on January 05, 2007, 10:29:36 PMbut he didn't become more powerful than I could possibly imagine, unlike Obiwan.  It's over... it's all over...
The scene's not over yet...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Jack McSlay

I had seen this coming, didn't have much hope he'd survive  :<

what's  left is to know what Glory done to the creature and what she'll do to Abel now

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

superluser

Quote from: Rowne on January 05, 2007, 10:54:31 PMif Glory is truly any kind of a Paladin then she'd have some kind of resurrection capability within her repertoire.

The Grand List Of Console Role Playing Game Clichés:

153. "Mommy, why didn't they just use a Phoenix Down on Aeris?"
Don't expect battle mechanics to carry over into the "real world."

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Turnsky on January 05, 2007, 10:23:13 PM
be you a king or chimney-sweeper, sooner or later you meet the reaper..  >:3

Well quoted, my friend. Respect...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

oh noes, this major plot point is in danger of initiating a fangirl invasion.

this popular charicter needs prompt magical attention! quick- before the fangirls get ugly!

*rubs two large onyx gemstones together*
CLEAR!
*Ka-Zwat!*
mhrr....brraaaaaiiiinnsssssss....
aw fudge, i was going for bishounen vampire. oh well, try again *rubs stones together*
CLEAR!
*Ka-Zizizit*
Skreeeeeaaahhaaahhh? {translation- have you seen a midget with some bling?}
CLEAR!
*Pah-Zult!*
IM ALIVE! IM ALIVE! THANK Y-
CLEAR!
*Kra-Zot!*

QuoteIv'e walked with Death every day, my lad, and I can tell you he's been known to wink from time to time.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Turnsky

just on an off-note, i wonder what furrae's resident "Grim Reaper" looks like?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Regal

Quote from: Jack McSlay on January 05, 2007, 11:30:44 PM

what's  left is to know what Glory done to the creature and what she'll do to Abel now

Or what the creature did to Glory. We don't know that she and her companions have actually won this battle.

*pokes Devin with a stick*

Yep, still dead.

ChaoSynergy

Abel's Story.

Because there's just too much happy in DMFA :3

Also, in before Glory and Co. massacre by the hands of unknown creature.

Fex

can you guys read all of the text I have problems reading some parts becouse there to small for my eyes to read

Damaris

I don't think you're technically supposed to be able to read it all.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Sunblink

Quote from: Fex on January 06, 2007, 01:25:41 AM
can you guys read all of the text I have problems reading some parts becouse there to small for my eyes to read

Well, some of it CAN be read. The first line happens to be "So this is how it goes... I guess mom was right."

Another less obvious one is "I wonder if I'll be remembered when I'm gone."

Yet another is "I can't believe I'm going out like this... I always thought I'd at least..." and then I can't read any more after that.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

superluser

Quote from: Fex on January 06, 2007, 01:25:41 AMcan you guys read all of the text I have problems reading some parts becouse there to small for my eyes to read

Most of it.

Panel 1:

- so this is how it [????]...i guess mom was right...
- Can't Breathe
- Poor Abel.  i cant (sic) leave him by himself
- [obscured] the tower...
- Sigh.  Can't believe I'm going out like this.  I always thought I'd a lest (sic) the [????????]
- can't breath (sic)
- I wonder if I'll be remembered when I'm gone...

Panel 2:

- cold...dark...
- oh god I don't want to die,
- cant (sic) b...b...

Panel 3:

- oh Xander...I'm sorry.  I never told [you] that

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on January 06, 2007, 01:36:38 AM
Panel 1:

- so this is how it [????]...i guess mom was right...

"goes", isn't it?

Quote from: superluser on January 06, 2007, 01:36:38 AM
- Sigh.  Can't believe I'm going out like this.  I always thought I'd a lest (sic) the [????????]

"I'd a lest die naturally" it looks like. To me, anyway. Either that or "horribly", but that first character looks like a N to me. Lowercase, naturally.

Aridas

yeah, it has to be "die naturally"

Magic

How quaint.

Anyway, this is where the good part comes up.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

King Of Hearts

Dying... the last few thoughts as the flames of life go off...

Must be such a lovely way to start becoming an empath...

RJ

Zedd

Everyone shall light a candle in honer

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 06, 2007, 02:10:35 AM
Quote from: superluser on January 06, 2007, 01:36:38 AM- so this is how it [????]...i guess mom was right...
"goes", isn't it?

So it is.  The first rwo letters look kinda like `sp,' but it's definitely `goes.'

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 06, 2007, 02:10:35 AM
Quote from: superluser on January 06, 2007, 01:36:38 AM- Sigh.  Can't believe I'm going out like this.  I always thought I'd a lest (sic) the [????????]
"I'd a lest die naturally" it looks like. To me, anyway. Either that or "horribly", but that first character looks like a N to me. Lowercase, naturally.

Alas, it can't be.  The second letter looks like an `e,' but it's definitely not an `a.'  The third letter is definitely an `a.'

llearch n'n'daCorna

Akisohida

Quote from: Turnsky on January 06, 2007, 12:33:48 AM

Me! :mwaha

Yeah, I feel bad for Devin but poor Abel must have 'thei're both dead!' and 'I am next!' running through his head. o.o
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

King Of Hearts

A green bunny with some anger issues.

Tapewolf

As KoH says, it might be Jack.  (Shudders)

QuoteYeah, I feel bad for Devin but poor Abel must have 'thei're both dead!' and 'I am next!' running through his head. o.o

Indeed.  But the 'shooting' has stopped.  Does that mean that Glory is going to come around the corner to see Devin lying dead and Abel sobbing helplessly?
Or have the Creatures taken her down too (we'll assume Kami and Dorian either fled or were incapacitated)?

What if the Creatures have deliberately picked off everyone except Abel?

Now, a few points for those who need counselling:

Firstly, Devin and Xander are dead.  Yes, that sucks but as Beings they'd be dead anyway in the current timeline (unless Xander was a cubi, but we know he isn't now)
Secondly, Furrae does have some kind of afterlife (the sentient undead and DP's resurrection are proof of this, and to some extent Dan's shade in the 'ratings boost' arc).
Devin and Xander have both got away with their souls intact so Devin will now have the opportunity to tell Xander his feelings in person. :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E