1/03/07: Acceptance

Started by Caswin, January 02, 2007, 09:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Quote from: terrycloth on January 03, 2007, 04:48:14 PMWhat exactly do you want to see Wildy without, as she's contorted into the shapes of various letters?

Serifs, mainly.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Manawolf

Enough with the quote pyramids!  Jeeze, just hit the reply button for once in your lives.

Netami

Learn to choose your battles, dude. Quote trees/pyramids should be very low on the list of things that bug you about a forum.

Manawolf

This forum just seems prone to battle, and everyone is against me on everything else.  Sometimes you just have to aim low to get in a shot.

Netami

Doesn't seem worth it to me. People aren't going to change anything they do unless an administrator steps in.

Manawolf

It's still a suggestion, because the practice is annoying and horribly redundant.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... as is complaining about it...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

This is one of the more boring arguments that I've seen.

Manawolf

I at least try, and trying is the first step to developing good habits.

Honestly people, just try to stop with the quote pyramids, and get on with our lives.

terrycloth

Quote from: Manawolf on January 03, 2007, 05:53:23 PM
It's still a suggestion, because the practice is annoying and horribly redundant.

It's stupid not to quote the thing you're directly replying to, when multiple threads are going on at the same time.

Just edit your quote so that you don't have a huge pyramid, but you still keep the context that makes what you're saying make sense.

Manawolf

Yes, one may quote normally, but don't keep building the pyramid when the post is right after the last one on the subject.

Netami

This is a point of internet etiquette. Unless the administrators have a rule about huge, unnecessary quotings, people don't have to adhere to the idea of relative-politeness. No amount of lone-gunman, trying-to-change-the-rules-yourself mannerisms are going to work.

Caswin

Less line breaks in every box.  That's all I ask.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Nerikull

*pulls hard on the lever to move the track switch* Ungh!

Ok, lets move the train riiiight back over there. I'm pretty sure that the topic is that-a-way! ^^

So, what will Abel do once Dan tells him of his idiocy?

(and Amber, you still rule for the love of MST3K.  :mowmeep )
--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Nerikull on January 03, 2007, 06:58:04 PM
So, what will Abel do once Dan tells him of his idiocy?
Or that Dan thinks Abel is evil and doesn't trust him?  I think Abel already knows that, mind so the big question is: what will Abel do when he finds out that Jyrras is gay for him?

I don't think he knows, since he slammed the door in Jy's face before he could work out what's going on.  Perhaps the solution is to send Abel to Jy's place and explain everything

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Supercheese

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 03, 2007, 07:01:11 PM
Perhaps the solution is to send Abel to Jy's place and explain everything.

Hmm, methinks that still has a high chance of not ending well.

Boog

Jyrras may not want Abel to know he's attracted to him until he works this stuff out. Dan might not tell Abel what's going on in order to respect what he thinks Jyrras' wishes may be about this.

terrycloth

"Jyrras, I'm flattered and everything, but..."

"What, you can't possibly expect me to believe that you're not gay. Not without... scientific testing, anyway."

"...but I'm now required by the laws of my people to devour your soul."

Manawolf

Love can be fickle, but a person must learn that their can be only one true love in their life.  You can't have it all, and Jyrras will have to choose at some point.  Of course, he must also realize that the one he loves must also love him in return, it'll never work one way.

And I know the rest of you keep going on about Abel because he simply hasn't specified his sexual preference yet.  Love is not something to be taken lightly, and Jyrras' little mind think that anyone who is a close friend also qualifies as a lover, but that's simply isn't so.

Netami

I know of people that live with numerous lovers. Not sexual items, either. I'm talking about people that comfortable with more than one true love.

Prenotions are not your friend in the world of Furrae.

Boog

Netami has a point. Hell, my ex was like that. However, it's not particularly likely in any case. And while he has to choose at some point, if he chooses either of them instead of just meeting someone else, rushing the choice is only asking for trouble.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Caswin on January 03, 2007, 06:45:06 PM
Less line breaks in every box.  That's all I ask.

... but I'm -full- of line breaks....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anri

I for one prefer 'quote ziggurats'.

Boog

Quote from: Tikki on January 03, 2007, 08:27:55 PM
I for one prefer 'quote ziggurats'.
A neccesity for the production of more quote-undead units.

terrycloth

Quote from: Boogeyman on January 03, 2007, 08:21:17 PM
rushing the choice is only asking for trouble.

Right! He should experiment with each of them, separately and in combination, until he finds out what precise ratio of affection gives him the maximum possible fulfillment. Or the most powerful horde of demonic young.

And don't tell me he couldn't have kids with Abel or Dan, he's had two (or three) without *anyone* else being involved.

Manawolf

Multiple lovers has a greater risk of jealousy forming.  It's like trying have the whole pie, some people are going to be against it.  For things to be fair, you must simply carve out your own slice.

And Jyrras can't screw the rules, even if he does have money.

And of course we can't rush it, otherwise we end up with another Pyroduck/Fa'Lina incident.

Netami

I don't think you understand. Some people can get along perfectly fine with multiple partners. What is jealousy but the exception of something? If you sit down and talk to your lover(s) about things that can happen in a relationship and "be cool" with all of it, there's no problems along the way.

For example: most people don't mind the sexual part of cheating so much as the part where their wife/husband thought better than to tell them about how they felt.

Boog

Yes, but these some aren't all that commonplace. At least I don't think so.

Netami

Well, they aren't. Maybe they should be, but that was never my point.

My point is to keep your mind open and free of prenotions regarding this comic. People thought for the longest time that the timeline reflected our own. That Abel's Story, for example, took place in a medieval period of time, whereas DMFA is "our time." Pop culture and 80's references aside, that is simply not true. So don't label your relationship things to a comic where relationship fastballs can be a staple diet for humor.

Caswin

Quote from: Netami on January 03, 2007, 08:07:34 PMPrenotions are not your friend in the world of Furrae.
Yeah, you could make a case for that.

That said, I look forward to killing you soon.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.