12-23-2006 They're attached!

Started by Faerie Alex, December 22, 2006, 09:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

I think I just stumbled on something...

That energy beam with the thing circling it looks an awful lot like a caduceus.  Now, the Caduceus was associated most strongly with Mercury, so much so that it is echoed in his astronomical sign.  What was this sign?

See where I'm going with this?  What if the thing on the roof is from Cyra clan?

But I'm not done.  The horns on the top of the Mercury symbol were supposed to represent the wings on his hat.  The bar on the bottom was supposed to represent part of the Caduceus, but the Cyra clan marking has the bar turned down, as though it were representing another set of wings not unlike the ones that Mercury has on his feet.

And we know that it is rumored that powerful `cubi get another set of wings...and that Cyra is a powerful clan...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kenji

Abel's nogginwings may be attached, but Devin's innards sure aren't anymore.

ChaoSynergy

Interesting that a magical attack makes such a...physical...sound upon impact.  I would have expected a *shwwrk* or a *zrrk* instead of a *thwack*.

Kasarn

Quote from: superluser on December 23, 2006, 12:05:21 AM
And we know that it is rumored that powerful `cubi get another set of wings...and that Cyra is a powerful clan...

I'm not sure what you're implying but I don't think it's any great secret that Amber had a picture of Cyra in her old gallery and she was a tri-winged Cubi

superluser

Quote from: Kasarn on December 23, 2006, 12:19:50 AMI'm not sure what you're implying but I don't think it's any great secret that Amber had a picture of Cyra in her old gallery and she was a tri-winged Cubi

I was mainly going for where and why they appeared.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Starcat5

Quote from: Kasarn on December 23, 2006, 12:19:50 AM
Quote from: superluser on December 23, 2006, 12:05:21 AM

I'm not sure what you're implying but I don't think it's any great secret that Amber had a picture of Cyra in her old gallery and she was a tri-winged Cubi

...she what? Where is this image? I have three figures on the line, so I REALLY need to know where the third set of wings attachs to.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Kasarn

ChaoSynergy

....buttwings.

Butt...wings.

Well, I guess that's one way of dealing with "Silent but Deadly" Syndrome.

Kasarn

Yeah, they were supposed to be on her hips...

Fex

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on December 23, 2006, 12:14:13 AM
Interesting that a magical attack makes such a...physical...sound upon impact.  I would have expected a *shwwrk* or a *zrrk* instead of a *thwack*.
maybe she was out of shwwrk and zrrk so she used Thwack ..... I would use shoomp

Manawolf

Sound effects are hard.  I really need to read more comics, but then again they could be getting them wrong as well.  Argh, hard to put sounds into words.

ChaoSynergy

Well, your basic physical SFX are thwack, thunk, crunch and thok.  Since it's magic, you'd usually expect something a bit more energy related...zzap, zwip, zrakk, kssh, vorp, etc.

Kasarn

ShiningShadow

Devin is not dead. I know this is the fact of the impact of the shot and where it landed. I think it got him in the shoulder and the force knocked him back or in a circular fashion and has the wind knocked out of him. Devin is not dead the only thing that is hurting right now it's his pride.

Zedd

There is a 30/50 chance he might survive...Just with a missing arm

Manawolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 23, 2006, 01:06:02 AM
Devin is not dead. I know this is the fact of the impact of the shot and where it landed. I think it got him in the shoulder and the force knocked him back or in a circular fashion and has the wind knocked out of him. Devin is not dead the only thing that is hurting right now it's his pride.

Along with wherever he got hit, of course.

And you lost a 10 on those odds, Zedd.

Valynth

ouch, just ouch.

I doubt Devin will survive such a wound, after all, magic can have any number of effects attached to it.  For all we know the physical thwack might just be a precursor to something a bit more tortuous.  Is this of course if he wasn't hit in a vital organ as some have suggessted.

Personally I favour that Devin's dead, end of sentence.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Sid on December 22, 2006, 09:43:36 PM
Quote from: superluser on December 22, 2006, 09:41:17 PM
Anyways, this means that Devin will not be able to save Abel from Glory.

At this rate, Glory might just believe that Abel is one of the good guys, assuming that he'll be kneeling and sobbing next to Devin's fallen form at the end of the battle... and assuming that anybody except for Abel and the attackers survives this...

More likely, at this rate Glory's team gets wasted as well.. considering that we haven't seen Glory do anything except cast a shield. Unless one of them starts to do something about the fiend..

Note, we still don't know who/what the attackers are, or why they returned. The obvious guess is that they sensed the relay Xander sent and returned to finish the job, but somehow I doubt it's as simple as that.

[EDIT: also, seeing how it broke off part of the wagon instead of burning, dissolving, or the like, I'm inclined to believe that the projectile is at least part-physical. So there's nothing wrong with the sound effects.]
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

ShiningShadow

I know he's alive bruised ribs maybe a through and through on the arm. I will wait and see waht will happens next.

Valynth

Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 23, 2006, 01:26:25 AM
I know he's alive bruised ribs maybe a through and through on the arm. I will wait and see waht will happens next.

If you have proof, please share it.

Anyway, from the position of the silhouette, I'd have to say he's been hit straight in the chest, though it might have only grazed his heart or hit it dead on, he is definitely missing a lung at least.  If you look closely you'll see that his vest is pulled back by the projectile, allowing a clear view through the arm holes which wouldn't be possible if it hit his shoulder(as people have suggested).
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

thegayhare

There now this bastards a sniper.  I'm betting he's the one who got Xander.  This magic is fast, deadly and accurate.  Snipping magic, the fireball guy was just the distraction the loud heavy machine gunner you focus on while his partner makes people suddenly not alive

You know with Xander dead and now Devin I keep remembering a scene from Reaper man

In the end Death visits an old Woman who saved him, and a young girl.  He takes her out and showsher the time of her life,  Well her death anyway since this was her last day alive.  And then after the party and the dancing he takes her soul back threw the years, back to the very moment an avalanch killed the young man she was to marry.

As the two souls embraced in the snow he grined (well he can't help it) and said "Where ever you go from here, you'll go together"

I get the same feeling from Devin and Xander.  They died moments apart.  I'm sure Xander loved Devin, and while Devin may have been scared of it I'm positive he loved the pup back.  and where ever they go from here in the next great adventure they go together

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Valynth on December 23, 2006, 01:35:51 AM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 23, 2006, 01:26:25 AM

If you have proof, please share it.

Anyway, from the position of the silhouette, I'd have to say he's been hit straight in the chest, though it might have only grazed his heart or hit it dead on, he is definitely missing a lung at least.  If you look closely you'll see that his vest is pulled back by the projectile, allowing a clear view through the arm holes which wouldn't be possible if it hit his shoulder(as people have suggested).

Not that I believe Devin would survive, but I don't really think that's the vest it's pulling back, it looks more like his arm.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Ice4s

Better not let Devin die >=/ Xander, now Devin.... no this is not good... kill all the chars who new and good... now i am emo.

Manawolf

Plus if they die now, Xander is officially a stock character.  Devin has avoided such a fate thanks to some backstory.

Ice4s

Now realy, Devin isn't a stock char as you say it, and kill him would be an fatal mistake, i love this story, but this realy makes it bad, and i'm honest on this, kill the mayor good characters not an wise thing i suppose. I realy hope he survive this injury.

Valynth

Quote from: Manawolf on December 23, 2006, 01:51:27 AM
Plus if they die now, Xander is officially a stock character.  Devin has avoided such a fate thanks to some backstory.

Quote from: Ice4s on December 23, 2006, 01:57:02 AM
Now realy, Devin isn't a stock char as you say it, and kill him would be an fatal mistake, i love this story, but this realy makes it bad, and i'm honest on this, kill the mayor good characters not an wise thing i suppose. I realy hope he survive this injury.

Look, this comic is more reality based than the other one.  And let me tell you, in reality, everyone has a backstory, but they still die.  Just because a character dies doesn't mean he doesn't have a backstory and by the same token just because a person has a backstory doesn't mean he'll live through anything and everything.  Hence why it has a higher rating because it would shatter the protective bubble of "no one really dies, their just meaty puppets!" that many people seem to have.

Kasarn

I demand a Devin and Xander spinoff series!

Sign the petition at savedevinandxander.com

xHaZxMaTx

Yes, let's make Amber make even more comics! >:3

Ice4s

look, this is realy a mood killer about the comic, lot of us like these new characters, they carry things, and not just simply alike pupets. One die, thats ok.... but all... now thats gose way to far in my oppinion. We got the drama, truely, but now something good could happen, "good" as not every one die, get hurt, sure, struggle in the battle for survive, sure... but kill them all... just don't do any good.