Abel 12/21/06 : Umm..what are those?

Started by Nerikull, December 20, 2006, 10:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorro

Remember what Cubi Feed on.

Abel might be particularly strong right now.  Like a fear and pain fed Ramjet.

Manawolf

Just run to be safe.  You are unsure what side he would be on, but right now, you have bigger problems.

Madmann135

from what I understand Abel's emotion of choice is confusion.  Which would explain why he's such a complicated charactor.

Now I serously doubt that Abel's headwings are going to make a diffrence at the moment.  Abel's going to be in a panicked state for atleast 15 more minutes (in one way or the other) due to all the excitement going on and the recent heritage revilation.  I mean if I was him I would probably go insane, being hemophobic, seeing someone die, getting shot at and having wings grow out of your head all within 1 minute would send a good number of people into a stress induced coma.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

LionHeart

Quote from: Madd the Sane on December 20, 2006, 11:21:51 PM
Quote from: Kasarn on December 20, 2006, 10:41:03 PM
Hey guys, I totally Photoshopped it so it looks gay

CHECK IT OUT! :P
:mowdizzy  :mowdizzy I don't see a difference between this one and the one on the site.
waitaminute!  They are the same!  Silly me.

That's a relief. I was afraid it was just me.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 21, 2006, 01:20:50 AM...being hemophobic, seeing someone die, getting shot at and having wings grow out of your head all within 1 minute would send a good number of people into a stress induced coma.
I believe I already said something similar. I feel so... overlooked  :cry

I know this is totally off-topic, but which comic is this from:
Quote from: starcat5 on December 20, 2006, 11:48:16 PM
Amber:
:tohell
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

MaskedRetriever

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_225.php

This was about the point the comic went from "really damn good" to "holy cow my brains are exploding with awesome" if you ask me.

Because I'm a Cubi-holic.

terrycloth

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 21, 2006, 01:20:50 AM
Now I serously doubt that Abel's headwings are going to make a diffrence at the moment.  Abel's going to be in a panicked state for atleast 15 more minutes (in one way or the other) due to all the excitement going on and the recent heritage revilation.  I mean if I was him I would probably go insane, being hemophobic, seeing someone die, getting shot at and having wings grow out of your head all within 1 minute would send a good number of people into a stress induced coma.

Not to mention that since he's coming into his cubi powers, he's also being effectively emotion-jammered by the sudden shock and fear all the adventurers felt at the time of the attack. THAT's why he's been such a basket case. :mowdizzy

Tapewolf

Oh my.  Devin's worst fears just came true I think, and most likely Abel's as well.  Does Devin even know about 'cubi, though?

As for those who think he's going to go one some kind of soul bender, bear in mind that soul-stealing is almost certainly something that you need to learn.

While Devin's almost certainly dead by the current DMFA timeline (unless he is a Creature also), it's more likely that the misery on the cover is related to his parents.  Remember, he might be 100 or more when that picture was taken.
What are they going to do when their son comes back with headwings?  How would your parents react?  Bear in mind no-one has mentioned 'cubi at all in the strip so far.. I don't think they know about them.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Magic

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

MT Hazard

Plus points for Abel: doesn't despise creatures so is less likely to have a Dan like reaction.
His family love him so will cope, one way or another.

Negative points for Abel: No adventurer training, the most Dangerous this that's likely to have happen to him recently is a paper cut.

It would be traumatising if this happened when somebody wasn't trying to kill him, now its worse.

No over bearing teacher/cubi pride supporter to ask questions to and shout out.

Little chance of seeing this coming (unlike Dan who had every chance he just wasn't paying attention/denied it. )

Do Cubi ever fight/kill their own species? (apart from misunderstandings) I have this image of Abel being dragged away by his would be killer and telling the others at SAIA they found an 'adorable and lost incubi' while Abel is going insane though panic.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 21, 2006, 05:14:43 AM
Do Cubi ever fight/kill their own species?

Yes.  There are or have been wars between the clans - the fact that Fa'Lina had to negotiate a truce while on Holy Ground Academy premises is pretty damning evidence of that.

QuoteI have this image of Abel being dragged away by his would be killer and telling the others at SAIA they found an 'adorable and lost incubi' while Abel is going insane though panic.
Unlikely.  Cute image, though.  (I suspect the attackers may be demons rather than 'cubi)

Turnsky

hrm... what'd be a good excuse.. oh i know!

"they're the absolute latest in cool headgear, they much my colors well, don't you think?... they also get -great- cable reception"...

but really... bad timing? or something rather fortuitous?.. we'll see..  :)

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

bill

Right, who dies? Anyone care to set up a pool?

Tapewolf

Kaerou

Wheee... what timing!  I love it! *snicker* :>

Though at first, i thought that he was having a charm spell cast on him to get im moving, till i looked at the next panel..!

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Snap

Quote from: starcat5 on December 20, 2006, 11:48:16 PM
{smilies}
Dont forget that Amber has been there - done that:

("that" being playing hockey probably)
Also, that post just made me click the [more] link for the smileys  :boogie...

Its cool to see that im not the only one who thought the Abel dance poses deserved an animation :)

also...

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 21, 2006, 05:14:43 AM
Do Cubi ever fight/kill their own species?

Sunny

Haha, how did I know that 'OH SNAP' would be the first words on the thread? Haha...

All I have to say is that this will be pretty darn interesting to see concluded!

ShiningShadow

Right now there's power coming from Abel and it's something that he cannot control. Hmmmmmmmmmm Abel is ready to kick serious ass with the head wings appearing. Or killing Devin in the process who knows what direction will Amber story put us in. I hope he will has something very cool like Inferno or Blizzaga or my fave summon a Guardian Force *YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH* I love sensless violence.

Stig Hemmer

Abel is pretty much out of it, I am afraid... but there are other capable people around.

The reaction I expect from Devin is "An incubus? Oh, you can take care of yourself." and then leaving him there. Of course, a being running in zig zag away from the wagon will draw attention away from Abel, but I doubt he will see it that way.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

bigj

Well, their friendship wasn't awkward enough before now.  :mowtongue

Tapewolf

Since this is turning out to be a rather media-rich Abel's story thread, I figured I'd post this quick hack since it's rather apropos:
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/music/test/wdathw4.mp3

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on December 21, 2006, 07:34:53 AM
Abel is pretty much out of it, I am afraid... but there are other capable people around.
The reaction I expect from Devin is "An incubus? Oh, you can take care of yourself." and then leaving him there.
I'm not sure Glory will see it that way, even if Devin does (IIRC he vowed to protect Beings, not Creatures)

janusmaxwell

Aw hell.  Flip out on able for being an incubus in 3.........2.........1.........

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 21, 2006, 04:25:57 AMAs for those who think he's going to go one some kind of soul bender, bear in mind that soul-stealing is almost certainly something that you need to learn.

Well, `learn' is probably relative, here.

It's probably similar to something like eating or walking.  Babies learn that stuff pretty well on their own, but as anyone who has seen parents trying to feed a baby knows, that doesn't mean that you can do at all without loads of practice.

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 21, 2006, 06:32:59 AM$50 says Abel survives :P

Ten cents says Abel dies.  Hey, the odds are probably a million to one, which means that I'd get $100,000.  Who's gonna pass that up?

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on December 21, 2006, 07:34:53 AMThe reaction I expect from Devin is "An incubus? Oh, you can take care of yourself." and then leaving him there.

And lose his magic-resistant meat shield?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

MaskedRetriever

My money's currently on the paladin eating it and Devin living at ~least~ long enough to complicate things a lot.

Especially since with that blue fur he could be related to Destina...

Actually he could theoretically BE Destina...

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 21, 2006, 09:58:01 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 21, 2006, 04:25:57 AMAs for those who think he's going to go one some kind of soul bender, bear in mind that soul-stealing is almost certainly something that you need to learn.

Well, `learn' is probably relative, here.

It's probably similar to something like eating or walking.  Babies learn that stuff pretty well on their own, but as anyone who has seen parents trying to feed a baby knows, that doesn't mean that you can do at all without loads of practice.

Quite.  Learning to walk is a good analogy, since it takes a long time.  Abel has a few minutes (or seconds) to learn if he's going to use any advanced 'cubi stuff.

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on December 21, 2006, 07:34:53 AMThe reaction I expect from Devin is "An incubus? Oh, you can take care of yourself." and then leaving him there.

And lose his magic-resistant meat shield?
I don't think Devin knows that Abel is the main character  >:3

As an adventurer, Devin knows that 'cubi/demons/angels can die by normal means (e.g. arrows) and that whatever Abel is, he won't have control of any of his innate powers yet.  I'd imagine that if Kria taught him any countermagic or shield spells he would have used them when the fireballs first came.
So yeah, he might make a good meat shield, but he'd have to be carried after the first hit or so.  (Why can't I do that in Deus Ex or Thief?)

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on December 21, 2006, 10:16:20 AM
My money's currently on the paladin eating it and Devin living at ~least~ long enough to complicate things a lot.
Especially since with that blue fur he could be related to Destina...  Actually he could theoretically BE Destina...
Yeah, Amber's already denied that though, I'm afraid.

superluser

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on December 21, 2006, 10:16:20 AMActually he could theoretically BE Destina...

Yeah, with Biggs' comment about how Destania's been a friend of the family for generations, I'm half-expecting her and a San to show up in this arc.

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 21, 2006, 10:24:33 AMAs an adventurer, Devin knows that 'cubi/demons/angels can die by normal means (e.g. arrows) and that whatever Abel is, he won't have control of any of his innate powers yet.  I'd imagine that if Kria taught him any countermagic or shield spells he would have used them when the fireballs first came.

Well, I don't know that the creature would have conventional ranged weapons.

The magical resistance didn't sound like something that you could control--more like the Meissner effect where it's an artefact of being a superconductor.

It appears, however, that the magical resistance comes from this post, and not from Amber or Fluffy, so I'm going to have to retract my speculation along these lines.

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 21, 2006, 10:24:33 AMSo yeah, he might make a good meat shield, but he'd have to be carried after the first hit or so.

There was a D&D game where one of the characters was being a total jerk, so with the DM's approval, one of my friends tried to sacrifice him to a god of blood.  He critically failed.

The best part, however, was that the critical failure meant that the god now required regular sacrifice of this jerk character's blood.  Which meant that he couldn't die.  So they shoved him on a pole and carried him around as a literal meat shield.

(Someone needs to keep reminding me not to try ``I am the very model of a modern feline incubus.''  I can't get past the first stanza.)

Alondro

*Charline smiles*  Ah, excellent.  Now the REAL trauma begins!   >:3  Devin's just had a good friend killed, now the most feared and powerful (and perfect, like me) of all creature races appears right in front of him!  I forsee so much pain and suffering!  My heart is pounding with the thrill of it all!   :boogie  Suffer Abel!  SUFFER!!!  And provide me with POWER!!  BWAH HA HA HA!!   :mwaha

*Charles erks..*  Heart... attack!  Too much plot... in one week!   *collapses*  :dribble
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 21, 2006, 10:48:34 AM
It appears, however, that the magical resistance comes from this post, and not from Amber or Fluffy, so I'm going to have to retract my speculation along these lines.

He's demonstrated resistance to fire and Dan reckoned Fa'lina had "resistance to the elements" during his kidnap.  But that was after ~370 years of SAIA.
Thinking about it, if 'cubi came out-of-the-box with magic or fire resistance, it would be a good way to tell them apart.*

QuoteThe best part, however, was that the critical failure meant that the god now required regular sacrifice of this jerk character's blood.  Which meant that he couldn't die.  So they shoved him on a pole and carried him around as a literal meat shield.
Fantastic!  That's just the sort of thing I'd try to do..

*e.g. if you can't singe the fur on their wrist/hair etc they're not a Being.  Setting their whole body alight would get through a lot of innocent Beings before you found a Creature...

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 21, 2006, 11:26:13 AM*e.g. if you can't singe the fur on their wrist/hair etc they're not a Being.

Bah.  I thought you meant something like the lake test, where you tie stones to a suspected witch and throw her into a lake.  If she floats, she's a witch, and if she drowns, she gets a Christian funeral.

AndersW

Abel says he is Element resistant in comic #667