Abel's parentage - My theory

Started by Angel, December 11, 2006, 06:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

*Charles notes that Stygian is simply stalking a 'gigai' (faux body).  Charline is out to lunch*   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Stygian

Stygian: Oh goody! Even better!

*There is a disgusting ripping noise as Stygian's skin erupts with tentacles and tendrils of darkness in places*

*-insert horrid screams and sounds of gory mutilation here-*

Stygian: ...mmm...! Ehh... in any case, has anyone considered that Abel might be the illegitimate son of a cubi, but Devin might be Cid's kid... They have roughly alike features, the same ear tufts... burp...! Ooh, sorry... and in Devin's flashback you should also watch the... tail. They seem alike. Incidentally, I think I have some on my shoulder...

e_voyager

i still wonder about Cid's comment about May's mother. could the cubi power have skipped a generation?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

superluser

Quote from: e_voyager on December 13, 2006, 08:43:09 PMi still wonder about Cid's comment about May's mother. could the cubi power have skipped a generation?

Well, if it ``skips a generation,'' it's a recessive trait on the X chromosome, and that can be passed matrilineally, and hide indefinitely.  So could be.

This brings up all sorts of questions.  Like, for example, Dan could never pass on his incubus heritage to any sons, only daughters.  (his partner could pass on her succubus heritage to any sons, if she had it)

Is the dominant gene completely dominant, or do some of the traits express themselves?  It would seem likely that certain other mundane traits that would enhance `cubi chances of passing on those genes would go with it.

On the other hand, the fact that Abel's clan is not doing so well could be because of the fact that they don't have these other genes, and the very fact that they don't have these genes makes it more likely that they will successfully cross-breed with non-`cubi.

...I hope that made sense...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

KarlOmega1

Quote from: e_voyager on December 13, 2006, 08:43:09 PM
i still wonder about Cid's comment about May's mother. could the cubi power have skipped a generation?

I'm with E on this one...
the genetics might be there in May, but the could be inactive (dormant).
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

superluser

According to classical mythology, the `cubi gene could be sex-linked on the X chromosome.  Merlin was the offspring of an incubus and a woman, but Merlin himself was not an incubus.  He did inherit some of the incubus powers, though, which suggests that there are indeed other genes `cubi have that are not directly related to being one of the `cubi.

(I had a bit here about how someone managed to ruin both Excalibur and the Empire Strikes Back at once by telling the audience that Arthur's father was Darth Vader, and that was going to lead into suggestions that Alexsi's mother was Darth Vader (google groups for "truth is that Vader's", borderline NSFW but very funny), but it was too off-topic and stupid)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Teroniss

You want my theory? I believe that the Night Angels Glory referred to, and this might have been stated already, are Cubi's since Cubi's were generally known for attacking people at night and they look alot like Angel's. My theory is that shortly before Cid went on an adventure, he and May reconsumated their marriage. This didnt get May pregnant, however shortly after Cid left, a Cubi attacks May in her sleep, has Cubi relations with her, causing her to become pregnant. Because of the short time between the relations with Cid and this Cubi, it made it seem like Cid was the father. And now, the Night Angel that attacked Devin et. al. is Abel's real father come back to claim his son as his own.

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Teroniss on December 13, 2006, 10:22:53 PM
You want my theory? I believe that the Night Angels Glory referred to, and this might have been stated already, are Cubi's since Cubi's were generally known for attacking people at night and they look alot like Angel's. My theory is that shortly before Cid went on an adventure, he and May reconsumated their marriage. This didnt get May pregnant, however shortly after Cid left, a Cubi attacks May in her sleep, has Cubi relations with her, causing her to become pregnant. Because of the short time between the relations with Cid and this Cubi, it made it seem like Cid was the father. And now, the Night Angel that attacked Devin et. al. is Abel's real father come back to claim his son as his own.

Whoa.... :erk  :mowdizzy
I'm a Skype User.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Teroniss

What....? I think it coulda happened like that.....

KarlOmega1

[sarcasm] Riiiiight...and I'm Optimus Prime. [/Sarcasm]
I'm a Skype User.

Teroniss

lol, it doesnt matter, until the time comes, every thing we'ce typed is all speculation.....

It could be that one of Abels parents is a Cubi, it could be that Cids adventures caused him to have a proverbial magicla influx in his quote on quote "seed", hell, it could even be mine or Black_angel's theory. We'll just have to wait and see.

e_voyager

as for ME i just thought it was an original take on where Abel may have come form

ShiningShadow

But who knows what Abels original parentage I haven't heard anything on the grandparents of Mae and Sid if they are of Cubi descendent's. Who know on this matter only Amber know this stuff if she tell us in a strip one day. But when that day comes i will wait ever patiently.