3...2...1...OMG NEWBIE

Started by Angel, December 05, 2006, 04:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

Hello, members of the forums! I'm Black Angel, a long-time DMFA reader but a brand-new member to the forums. Anyway, time for the answers to the inquisition I know is coming...

I'm a girl. I'm sixteen. I live somewhere in New England, but I ain't telling YOU where, you freak. My hair is brown and my eyes change color from blue to green. My favorite color is purple and my sign is Pisces. My favorite word is "tintinnabulation." My favorite insult is "genius." My favorite answer to questions is "42."

My great loves are reading, singing, music in general, language, movies, and anime. My hobbies are poetry, knitting, sculpting, telling stupid stories about my brothers, anagramming, drawing, and archery.

Books, music and anime are pretty much my life. I love reading and will pick up a book whenever given the opportunity, especially if it's written by Poe or Douglas Adams. Music is my passion. I compare a lot of things and people to songs, and want to be a choral director when I'm older.

I am an obsessive anime/manga fan. My first fangirl-obsession was with Pokemon, and my gateway anime was Rurouni Kenshin. Currently my favorite is Hellsing. Other animes I like are Read Or Die, Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Maburaho, Yami no Matsuei, Naruto, Teen Titans (please don't kill me), and Excel Saga. My two favorite characters of any show ever are Alucard (Hellsing) and Yomiko Readman (ROD).

Random Quirks: I love cats. I have perfect pitch. I tend to be shy when first talking to people, but when I get to know you, I'm pretty loud. I'm the only girl I knowwho thinks spiders are cute.  I'm pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, and a Christian. (Wait for that to sink in...) I love crossword puzzles, Harley Davidsons and Marvel Comics. I'm pretty indecisive, and kind of naive to boot. I can speak French pretty well, and also a little German. I still like the Pokemon movies, but the show went down the toilet about two years ago.

That's about it. Adios, los peoples.  :kirby
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

xHaZxMaTx

hjlsDFHGjusflgsfjlghfh FIRST POST! D:

-EDIT-
And now that I have actually read your intro, I shall welcome you.  Hello!  Welcome to our forum.  People will start talking about how no one here is sane anymore (or ever was) but don't listen to them. :P  You seem pretty normal, as far as normal goes around here, maybe you'll be immune to all the crazy shit that goes on. :lol

Suwako

second post  :)

Hi, and welcome to these forums. We have searched for the essence of chaos within ourselves for many years.
ie: some normal post are rare, I mean and yes.  :U

:B I need more scripts. cheese flavored...  :<

Don't abuse the smilies their are enough people doing that already  >:3

Faerie Alex

Yeah. Welcome! Just be careful of muffins (they might explode or poison you) and...erm...(memory taken away...darn) :rj
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Angel

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 05, 2006, 04:08:53 PM
hjlsDFHGjusflgsfjlghfh FIRST POST! D:

I feel honored to have such a race going for the first post.

-EDIT-
And now that I have actually read your intro, I shall welcome you.  Hello!  Welcome to our forum.  People will start talking about how no one here is sane anymore (or ever was) but don't listen to them. :P  You seem pretty normal, as far as normal goes around here, maybe you'll be immune to all the crazy shit that goes on. :lol

Trust me, if it's any less crazy than Movie Night for Anime Club, I can deal with it.  :)

Besides, if I was sane, I wouldn't have come here, would I? (Tell me you get the reference...)

BANDWAGON JUMP!

xHaZxMaTx

Nope, I don't get the reference.  If it has something to do with anime, you shouldn't be surprised.  And it makes me sad to hear another newbie claiming insanity. :<

Darkmoon

Quote from: Black_angel on December 05, 2006, 04:08:41 PM
Hello, members of the forums! I'm Black Angel, a long-time DMFA reader but a brand-new member to the forums. Anyway, time for the answers to the inquisition I know is coming...

Why would we bother asking questions? You're new, so no one cares.

:mwaha
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Suwako

Quote from: Darkmoon on December 05, 2006, 04:46:54 PM

Why would we bother asking questions? You're new, so no one cares.

I disagree  :U
as long as she attributes...money  :mowcookie

Angel

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 05, 2006, 04:38:37 PM
Nope, I don't get the reference.  If it has something to do with anime, you shouldn't be surprised.  And it makes me sad to hear another newbie claiming insanity. :<

Actually, that was from Alice in Wonderland. It was part of a conversation between Alice and the Cheshire Cat.

'How do you know I'm mad?"
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Didn't wanna make you sad  :< If it makes you feel any better, all I meant was that no-one is really truly sane. There's something a little wrong with all of us. I'm not claiming total insanity, I'm just denying complete sanity.

BANDWAGON JUMP!

Angel

BANDWAGON JUMP!

Cogidubnus

Keeping time, time, time,
In a sort of Runic rhyme,
To the tintinnabulation that so musically wells
From the bells, bells, bells, bells,
Bells, bells, bells-
From the jingling and the tinkling of the bells.

Welcome to the forums! I can see you have good taste already... :mwaha

Hilary

'Ello there! Welcome, welcome. You do seem to have quite good taste. ^^
I'm Hilary... yup... *hands you a plastic turtle* Use it wisely, grasshopper.

The turtle slowly turns its head and clacks its teeth at you menacingly. (Yeah, that's right. Teeth. This is a very special turtle.) This turtle can be quite difficult to tame, but once mastered, he can be a valuable ally. *bows and departs*

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 05, 2006, 04:38:37 PM

You know you're just jealous.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Black_angel on December 05, 2006, 04:08:41 PM
I'm the only girl I know who thinks spiders are cute.

Hear that, Akisohida? You're in, man, you're in like Flynn!

*giggle*

Oh, and watch out for anyone who tells you to watch out for them.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

Hellsing the Anime is bloody assrape. The manga, however, kicks ASS! Because it has Yumie in it...

Welcome! Feed me giblets, or I shall have your eyes!

Snuggles

Hello i am snuggles and given the name you know what i give to newbies

*hug*
*Snuggle*

hmmmm... Soft

Welcome!!!!

TheGreyRonin

Greetings! I am, rather obviously, the Grey Ronin, and I welcome you to the insanity! Relax, pull up a chair, and enjoy your stay!

RJ

:rj Hello there, and welcome! I see you are lacking a basket of muffins, so take one of mine!

*RUNS*

Aisha deCabre

(Leaps in and bows) Wow, ANOTHER newbie.  And one apparently with a good taste in anime.   :3

I give all the usual warnings...beware the mows, and don't try to resist the dangerously high cuteness levels.  It'll only end up getting you in the end anyway.   >:3

You'll blend in with the crazies just fine.  The warnings are very useful, that they are.   :mowtongue
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Angel

Quote from: Hilary on December 05, 2006, 05:51:36 PM
'Ello there! Welcome, welcome. You do seem to have quite good taste. ^^
I'm Hilary... yup... *hands you a plastic turtle* Use it wisely, grasshopper.

The turtle slowly turns its head and clacks its teeth at you menacingly. (Yeah, that's right. Teeth. This is a very special turtle.) This turtle can be quite difficult to tame, but once mastered, he can be a valuable ally. *bows and departs*

..... I see. I shall attempt to befriend the turtle, then.

By the way, I like your sig.

BANDWAGON JUMP!

Angel

(sits in a chair, is snuggled, is given a basket of muffins by RJ)

Wow. People on this board sure are friendly! (Except for Darkmoon :P but then again, if one applies the Hindu caste system here, he's a Brahmin and I'm practically a Harijan.)

Soooo. Stygian, I believe there was only one reason the Hellsing anime could possibly have sucked. That reason's name was Incognito. However, the Hellsing OVA just came out in English today, and its quality in the trailers astounds me. Give it another chance. I insist....  :kruger

RJ, Aisha, from what I have read on these boards, you two are quite prestigious regs. As such, it is an honor to meet you. (bows)

BANDWAGON JUMP!

bill

Quote from: Black_angel on December 05, 2006, 09:14:05 PM
(sits in a chair, is snuggled, is given a basket of muffins by RJ)

Wow. People on this board sure are friendly! (Except for Darkmoon :P but then again, if one applies the Hindu caste system here, he's a Brahmin and I'm practically a Harijan.)

Oh dear, I don't appear to be smart enough for this thread. Again.  :<

xHaZxMaTx

I wasn't aware you were smart enough for any thread. Haha, zing! :P

Dakata

Hi newbie! :3

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 06, 2006, 12:11:00 AM
I wasn't aware yu for smart enough for any thread. Haha, zing! :P
LOL @ ur typoz

Quote from: Black_angel on December 05, 2006, 04:08:41 PMAdios, los peoples.  :kirby
Adios? Los? Peoples? :U OMG THATS SPANISH! I can speak that! :3 Sorta.

Hay una fiesta en mi pantalones. ;3
(Translation: There is a party in my pants. ;3 LOL.)

xHaZxMaTx

Stop making fun of my typos! :cry  It's not my fault my fingers move too fast.  Add to that a steering wheel obstructing my view of half the keyboard.

Dakata

*Does not stop making fun of Haz's typos* :<

xHaZxMaTx

Distracting

Rawr! Let's be friends and stuff cuz I'm cool like that.  >:3

Zedd

You know I am not the only one thinking this but welcome to the fourm...Enjoy your stay and watch out for the bloody land mines

And oh yeah...I am a incubis...Watch out...

LionHeart

*appears in a flash of blue light*

Newbie senses... tingling...

HI! Welcome to this place - a dimension of sight and sound, but mostly of mind.

Leave your remaing sanity at the door, in the secure storage provided, and make sure to hang on to your claim ticket if you want it back.

Beware of folks, particularly of the boxy persuasion, or if they tell to you disregard these warnings. Oh, and if those muffins should start ticking or fizzing, don't hesitate - drop them immediately and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!

Have a welcome gift. *gives the new person a souvenir coffee mug*

Enjoy the craziness your stay.

*waves and fades out, leaving a grin that slowly vanishes*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity