11-21-2006

Started by Manawolf, November 21, 2006, 12:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willow186129

Tch. Something has to go wrong for Abelitz.

Arcalane

Quote from: Smiles on November 21, 2006, 07:34:44 AM
Tch. Something has to go wrong for Abelitz.

Let the poor man be, he's had to put up with enough trouble as is, impersonating Merlitz, getting shanghaied by 'his old group' and only narrowly managing to evade them...

Aridas

As well as the torment of having to go against one's values regarding impersonation... That's a tough one.

willow186129

It was more of a prediction than a suggestion XD

I don't think Abelitz could get out of this that easy, is all. P:

Akisohida

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 21, 2006, 07:31:27 AM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 21, 2006, 07:14:40 AM
Well maybe Abel is telling the truth in a very indirect route. Thus the other adventurers didn't catch on. Hmmmmmmmmm how long before they will realize Merlitz is not Merlitz and Alexsi is not Alexsi this is building up to be something very troubling but the end result will be fun and worth it.
which 99% likely won't happen, since they should be on their way out the door...

That and they do not seem to know Alexi so they have no pint of refrence. Like, if Abel/Merl does something NOT Merlitz than they will know something is up because they know Merl. Dan could do ANYTHING as Alexi and the party would not know the difference because they do not know how Alexi would act. Remember, Merl first met Alexi when he signed up for the job at Lost Lake so it is a VERY good bet none of his party knows Alexi.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Alondro

*And just when it looked like Abel had saved the day, a puff of itchy powder flew into his face!  He sneezed and lost his concentration!  His identity was revealed and all hell broke loose with axes and arrows and burninating fire!  If not for that powder, all would have been well.  Who would have done such a dastardly deed?  And for what malevolent purpose?*

*Charline drags the unconscious horse guy out of the fray, grinning in her evil way*  Why, for a convenient distraction, naturally!  *hoists the horse upon her shoulders*  And now to get better acquainted with my new boyfriend.   >:3

*Charles and Alondro shake their heads sadly*  He won't survive the night...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Alan Garou

Quote from: Manawolf on November 21, 2006, 01:16:33 AM
Ah, I see.  Being the Aspergers man I am, numbers are easier for me.  However, as the grades went by, I grew more accustomed to English, and less accustomed to Math (or at least that hard stuff such as Calculus).  Plus, to be honest, when you're a Dungeon Master, you have to work with a LOT of numbers.

I'll see what I can do about titles for my later ninja threads.
Really? I have Asperger's too! But even if I didn't, I'd still be completely insane.

And about the comic, it almost seems as if Genesis is flirting with Abel. Yet, as usual, the guy is completely clueless. Or it might just be my imagination. It seems as if she's already in a relationship with Pegasus.

Caswin

Ah, I see.  Being the Aspergers man I am, numbers are easier for me.
*Waves* Hello, fellow Aspie!

*Continues to insist that Alice in Wonderland just isn't complete without the Dormouse doing his thing*
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Zeph

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 21, 2006, 02:21:20 AM
*ponders* Something just occured to me. Why does that in the last frame really seem like something the real Merlitz would not say?

I was wondering that too... I was getting a vibe of impending disaster, either by the attitude or the name usage.  I think Abel would have been better off just keeping it simple, i.e. "you bet!"  :)

Aridas

it makes a better punchline though. Because... well... *JOKE SPOILER* his name isn't Merlitz... so he's not going to get in touch, ever.

I think he'd rather be as out of touch as a cubi living in the academy only for 2000 years would be with the rest of the world.

GabrielsThoughts

really, I thought abel stayed at the academy only 300 years...give or take a few
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Stygian

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 21, 2006, 08:48:49 AM
Ah, I see.  Being the Aspergers man I am, numbers are easier for me.  However, as the grades went by, I grew more accustomed to English, and less accustomed to Math (or at least that hard stuff such as Calculus).  Plus, to be honest, when you're a Dungeon Master, you have to work with a LOT of numbers.

Really? I have Asperger's too! But even if I didn't, I'd still be completely insane.

Let's start a club, shall we?

Really, I'm just borderline, but I have some other stuff too, so I might add to the diversity.

And who is to say that they stay at the place for hundreds of years without leaving? Being the lazy, undisciplined and generally opportunistic beings they are, I would say they are not the kind to pass up on holidays and such.

rt

:giggle sneeky little punchline there  :giggle

I'm worried though .. everything is going a bit to whell  :U

Aridas

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 21, 2006, 10:35:23 AM
really, I thought abel stayed at the academy only 300 years...give or take a few
who said he didn't?

superluser

Just noticed this:

Abelitz: Not to sound rude...
Nightmyste: [still trying to stop the bleeding]

:U

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Starcat5

Quote from: Stygian on November 21, 2006, 10:35:42 AM
Quote from: Alan Garou on November 21, 2006, 08:48:49 AM

Let's start a club, shall we?

Really, I'm just borderline, but I have some other stuff too, so I might add to the diversity.

Aspergers with ADHD, here.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Manawolf

Both here as well, but my parents think I'm autistic.  I'm just not very good at socializing beyond the computer.  Frankly you're not autistic unless you have zero friends.

Snuggles

Quote from: Manawolf on November 21, 2006, 11:28:44 AM
Both here as well, but my parents think I'm autistic.  I'm just not very good at socializing beyond the computer.  Frankly you're not autistic unless you have zero friends.

I think mine would say the same and i agree. I also see something bad happening in the next comic or two.

Aridas

Bah.. it's so easy for these things to get misdiagnosed... simple adversions to things can turn into some disease overnight. nothing we can do about it but sometimes they're wrong... or rather, most of the time. I remember when giving ritalin to every hyper kid was the "in" thing because everyone thought the kids had some actual problem. Ritalin isn't made for that and it sure didn't help, and people figured that out quick... I'm even one of the victims.

Cogidubnus

There is still plenty that could go wrong. Secret Handshakes, forgotten names, 'remeber the time that you...', 'do you still have that keepsake I gave you'...there are still many things that could go wrong for poor Abel... :mwaha

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Alondro on November 21, 2006, 08:43:47 AM
*And just when it looked like Abel had saved the day, a puff of itchy powder flew into his face!  He sneezed and lost his concentration!  His identity was revealed and all hell broke loose with axes and arrows and burninating fire!  If not for that powder, all would have been well.  Who would have done such a dastardly deed?  And for what malevolent purpose?*

*Charline drags the unconscious horse guy out of the fray, grinning in her evil way*  Why, for a convenient distraction, naturally!  *hoists the horse upon her shoulders*  And now to get better acquainted with my new boyfriend.   >:3

*Whispers in Charline's ear*

You know you could just have asked him out for a date? Heck i'd even go out with such a lovely Succubus...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Arcalane

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on November 21, 2006, 01:10:21 PM*Whispers in Charline's ear*

You know you could just have asked him out for a date? Heck i'd even go out with such a lovely Succubus...

Intentionally or unintentionally stepping on a landmine there, eh?

Quote"With all due respect, M, I don't think you have the balls for this."
"Perhaps. The advantage is I don't have to think with them all the time."

:P

terrycloth

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 21, 2006, 11:52:09 AM
Bah.. it's so easy for these things to get misdiagnosed... simple adversions to things can turn into some disease overnight. nothing we can do about it but sometimes they're wrong... or rather, most of the time.

Yeah, for the love of god, do NOT self-diagnose yourself with aspergers and use it as an excuse to ditch all your friends and become a hermit. There's way too many people doing just that, and the people who actually have the disease suffer because it makes people not believe that it's real or that it's serious.

Zedd

Kenji

All I can say is that I hope it's just a coincidence that me and my brother were doing the White Rabbit phrases yesterday, then Amber happens to quote it. D:

Alan Garou

Quote from: Alondro on November 21, 2006, 08:43:47 AM

Yep, just as I suspected. And to think I can't do anything because lions outrank jackals... Oh, well (Gets started building a robotic replacement horsie.)
And Merbelitz is really, ridiculously lucky here.

DigitalMan

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 21, 2006, 11:53:44 AM
There is still plenty that could go wrong. Secret Handshakes, forgotten names, 'remeber the time that you...', 'do you still have that keepsake I gave you'...there are still many things that could go wrong for poor Abel... :mwaha

Exactly. He's not in the clear until they are officially out the door.

Azlan

Quote from: Zedd on November 21, 2006, 05:42:18 PM
I smell chaos

You better not, that's not something to be taken lightly doggie.

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Doraion

Ace: Like Charline would risk getting pounded by that horse guy.  He's the classic adventurer unlike me.  his motto probably is "smash first, ask questions or answer any later."

Me: Ace has a point, still why the horse charline? You could do better then a muscle-bound idiot like him.

Doraion: Uhhh, ok maybe that needle with tainted cubification serum months ago did have an effect on him. -_-;  Chris never says something like that.   Anyway I highly doubt total chaos is about to happen in the comic.  I would get a sinking feeling if something was going to cause chaos.

Zedd

Quote from: Azlan on November 21, 2006, 06:25:52 PM
Quote from: Zedd on November 21, 2006, 05:42:18 PM
I smell chaos
You better not, that's not something to be taken lightly doggie.

It could be your colone or scent *sniffs Azlan*