10-20-06: Well, one bell ain't chiming...

Started by Aisha deCabre, October 19, 2006, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 20, 2006, 07:11:14 PM
I dunno. Why don't you ask the weres?  Oh thats right...they're in hiding...

Aaaaaw, Amber... Don't be mean. How am I supposed to respond to that?

And as for Abel... Stubborn people have a tendency to see things the way they want them, no matter their level of intelligence, which is the same as being stupid. Take Merlitz, for example.

LigerJet

I'd have no need to fight Fa'Lina.    We'd just sit down and chat and enjoy baked goods. :3

Shakal

Honestly, I don't see where Abel deserved to be hit like that at all.

If we look at this from his perspective, He was very recently (as I figure things, just 2 days before) been forced to leave the place that has been his home for the last four centuries. Since that time he's been forced to endure far more being socialization then he felt himself ready for, had an attack fo hemophobia, and found what appears to be a hated foe living under the same roof as him. He's in a stressful time, to say the least. Further,the last he saw of Jyrras, arguably his best friend outside of SAIA (he was pretty close to the warp aci there, and he seems to me closer to Jyrras then Dan) feel extremely hurt and betrayed by this Wildy, who published a book without his knowledge that would hurt the roo rat both socially and emotionally. He has NOT seen the rat since, despite the rest of the 'crew' being rather assembled currently. For all he knows, Jyrras is still fuming mad, or the anger has washed out and he's currently somewhere crying and hurt by the betrayal from someone he trusted as a dear friend. He then is asked to do something he strongly feels against doing, and politely says no. This same Wildy then tells him that his feelings or concerns are worthless, and that if he doesn't do what she says, she'll do something (most likely a physical threat, he doesn't allow her to finish).

Frankly, from his point of view, it looked like Wildy needed to get smacked down, hard. And frankly ALL he did was tell her "NO I'm not doing what you want. I don't like YOU, and I'll tell you exactly WHY."

Keep in mind that unlike Wildy, Abel did not threaten the ferret, did not lay a hand on her, nor did he make a move to do so. And he spoke nothing but the truth. Even if the publishing without Jyrras's concent was a mistake on her part, she DID write the story behind his back. And at some level Wildy knows this, otherwise she would not have been affected like she did. If she thought this was completely taken care of, it was done and in the past, she would have brushed off this subject being brought up. The reason she locked up was because she felt guilty over the situation, she knows she hurt Jyrras and she felt bad for that. This attack only hurt her because in HER OWN MIND she deserved it.

From her perspective though, all Abel is guilty of is pointing out something horrible she did to a friend recently. And he refused something of her. She's a bully who's default reaction if she can think of nothing better is to injure and cause pain to another which with she has a problem.

+2 respect points for Abel
-1 respect point for Wildy

komissarmakarov

Expect one Internet in your mailbox, Shakal :mowhappy

On another note, what does the real Wildy think of this?

Zedd

Shakal...Nice telling this and wonderfuly typed out...Yes Abel has enough crap it is...And you win a big cookie for this but there is something you should know I am not against Wildy etheir...Thats why I like see it from both views before judging

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Shakal on October 20, 2006, 11:56:16 PMLot's of things...
This seems to go well with, "The ones you hate the most are the ones you know are right."

Tapewolf

An excellent summary, Shakal.  In fact I'm going to have to archive that..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

i so wish i was at home or at least with acces to the spell checker. Shakal  post like that are part ofthe reaso why i love comic forums. it helps prove to me that i'm not the only who reads deeply in to these.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Eibborn

Quote from: e_voyager on October 21, 2006, 05:17:36 AM
i so wish i was at home or at least with acces to the spell checker. Shakal  post like that are part ofthe reaso why i love comic forums. it helps prove to me that i'm not the only who reads deeply in to these.
Bud, there's a spell checker that comes with the forum. It ought to be right beneath the text box, to the right of 'Post' and 'Preview.' :)

I feel awkward using this, because the artist actually posted in this thread (with his or her usual charm, ;)), but does anyone else think that Abel may have simply picked option six?

Made by Icarus, creator of Inhuman comic.
/kicks the internet over

Stygian

I am currently a bit afraid to post right now, since I don't know if Amber is going to hunt me with a blowtorch for saying certain things.

Shakal, that was an excellent summary, though I must day that however much I like Abel I am somewhat inclined to not pity Cubi under most circumstances. Guess I'm a little bit racist too. Going to have to work on that...

Madmann135

Actually Shakal that is quite possiably the most close to accurate explination I've read about why Abel was put down so quickly.

Though I think a few changes would make it more accurate.
Yes Abel was taken from his sancturary to a place he doesn't know, Jyrras is one of the few who were straight nice to him in both SAIA and outside.  In fact Jyarras didn't mind that Abel adjusted his wardrobe on the spot, in fact Jarrys was quite happy because of it.  Abel probably thinks that Jarrys is the closest thing to a true friend out of SAIA, next to Fi.
Remember Abel is friends with all the warp-aki at SAIA.

I truely think Abel likes Jyrras and watching someone who he liked get hurt by a 'so called friend' hurt him. 

Not to mention those that were outsiders or are loners, a true friend is worth more than everything in the world.  Jyrras was honist and nice to Abel though they started a little rocky not to mention Abel seems to understand Jyrras a little better than the others and that helps a long way. 
Not to mention when someone hurts a loner or outsider's friend said individual may get revenge for said injustice. 

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

EvilIguana966

Kinda feel bad for Abel but... can't stay upset with Wildy very long.  Character is too awesome for that.  What we need is a Wild-e-moticon for this type of situation.

Madmann135

I'm wondering... What would convince Abel to help them out.
Going the path that they are going right now the chances are slim to none. 

I can understand why Abel helped Dan impersinate Alexsi, partly from confusion, partly for the fun in it, partly cause it's a training exercise and partly because he asked for it.

Now their asking Abel to impersinate someone who he saw for a little while.  Someone who he knows little about other than what he looks like and a few personality traits.  Not to mention Abel doesn't like it when someone becomes a completely diffrent person which is one factor in why he's against the plan. 

I can also give a few reasons on why Abel would be for the plan.  the main one being Alexsi, Dan said that she was loosing her touch when Abel classified her as the 3rd scarriest thing he's seen.  If she's loosing her touch with that classification considering all that he's seen in his life, How skilled Dan is in combat and the fact that even Dan has a respect for Alexsi (and a fear).  The wrath of Alexsi would be the primary reason on why he would impersinate and go against himself by doing the one thing he hates.

Abel could also say that Meric moved out and is no longer working at Lost Lake and say he's the current Bouncer.  Which would be completely believeable considering that life moves on

Widly was way out of line.  It's been coming and finally it happned.  An injury that's to deep to be brushed off by her pride alone

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 21, 2006, 02:54:22 PM
Abel could also say that Meric moved out and is no longer working at Lost Lake and say he's the current Bouncer.  Which would be completely believeable considering that life moves on

The fact that Alexsi went into a disproportionate rage when she found out that Merlitz had left suggests to me that it's possible they want to talk to Merlitz especially.
He's a Being mage*, and those are fairly rare.  He's also an ex-member of an adventuring team (perhaps they also want to interview him about Gen, Pegasus or Dice?) and one of the very few people who's claimed to have seen a human.

That doesn't make much difference anyway, since Abel knows none of these things and the plan would fall dead as soon as they asked anything tricky...

**EDIT**
*Abel could say that he (Merlitz) is really a 'cubi...

Madmann135

Guess your right Tapewolf.

Though the only way that those people would know about that information would be if they were either watching Merlits's in his past or someone told them about it.  Merlitz wouldn't tell anyone he saw a human, that would be reputational suiside.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 21, 2006, 04:04:14 PMThough the only way that those people would know about that information would be if they were either watching Merlitz' in his past or someone told them about it.  Merlitz wouldn't tell anyone he saw a human, that would be reputational suicide.

Everyone at Lost Lake knows about it though (and also Aary) which is why Dan went to freak him out when he was wearing the human patch.  The way I see it it would make an interesting side-note in the article, like someone who claims they saw a UFO.

Zedd

Okay I thought I would never ask this people...Where do Cubi go when they die? O.o

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on October 21, 2006, 05:18:06 PM
Okay I thought I would never ask this people...Where do Cubi go when they die? O.o

That's not been specified.  However it is known that Dark Pegasus returned from the dead, so it is possible.  Amber has said that given a sufficient emotional charge someone can in fact will themselves back to corporeal existence.  I'll have to see if I can find that info.  By the way, this might be better in a new thread...

e_voyager

Quote from: Eibbor_N on October 21, 2006, 05:58:59 AM
Bud, there's a spell checker that comes with the forum. It ought to be right beneath the text box, to the right of 'Post' and 'Preview.' :)

I feel awkward using this, because the artist actually posted in this thread (with his or her usual charm, ;)), but does anyone else think that Abel may have simply picked option six?

i know that but it doesnt work with my mom's browser and causes it to crash when it i try.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Madmann135

Quote from: e_voyager on October 21, 2006, 08:40:20 PM
Quote from: Eibbor_N on October 21, 2006, 05:58:59 AM

i know that but it doesnt work with my mom's browser and causes it to crash when it i try.

E-Voyager I think a few of your computer defense programs could be outdated or your ISP is crappy or a number of a thousand things. 

Computers are people to.  Just ask Jyrras about his two 'daughtors'

thegayhare

Madmann135

and the other is a peace of bagically created bubblegum gal

Zedd

At the moment..I hope someone gives an icepack for Abels liberty bells

e_voyager

i'm afraid you misinterpreted   what i was saying. i said it was my mom's computer and browser that crashed not mine. we happen to live around 10 mile or 16 kilometers apart and i have no trouble with the spell checker at home

Stygian

... I'm just not going to comment on that one. Don't ask me to.

Quote from: Zedd on October 21, 2006, 05:18:06 PM

Where do you think they go? Soulstealing, mind-reading, scum-sucking parasitic beings wielding more power than they've probably ever had a chance to earn and looking down on the world around them and the people, the lives in it! Hmmph. I don't know if I'm glad they'll end up in Hell instead of outside the universe, in Tartaros.

Zedd

Might have to be carful with what you say...*flicks his nose playfuly* Some are near you know...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on October 22, 2006, 06:57:53 PM
Where do you think [cubi] go [when they die]? Soulstealing, mind-reading, scum-sucking parasitic beings wielding more power than they've probably ever had a chance to earn and looking down on the world around them and the people, the lives in it!

Just as not all humans eat meat, not all 'cubi eat souls.  Dan, for instance is extremely unlikely to do so, at least for the foreseeable future.  However, those who don't will live shorter, less powerful lives, as Amber put it.  What Abel's position on soul-stealing is is unclear at this time.

Stygian

Slowly but surely a feeling dawns on you. Not something new, but more like something that was always there in the background, but you somehow never saw for what it was. The walls suddenly seem taller, looming and threatening, and the world feels... dimmed, and darkened. And there is a pressure of sorts; a tension, like something weighing down on you.
   Stygian turns towards Zedd, his face a vicious smirk and his pupils a gleaming poison green, glowing in the dim light. His speech is slow, strangely accentuated and hissing as he talks.

Oh, I'm... sorry. I did not mean to offend on such a personal level. Please apoligize my... transgression, but I was speaking out of my... general experience of cubi and... Well... Let's just say we have normally been at odds with each other, with very few exceptionsss.

Slowly, the feeling leaves you. Stygian smiles warmly, then stretches out his hand and flicks Zedd's nose back.

I'll promise not to do it again.  >:3

On another note, I have not heard any comments from the real Wildy on this. Might someone contact her? I know she's on, probably even as we speak.

(I apologize in advance for the RP-stylish post, but I can find no better way to accentuate how I would normally respond to this kind of thing. Another transgression I hope you can forgive for the quality of it).

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on October 22, 2006, 07:43:26 PM
I'll promise not to do it again.  >:3

Good - that's a nice soul you got there and it would be a shame if it got stolen or something :twisted

As for "who's a 'cubi", I've started a little thread in the Shout-Out forum, since I'm curious as to how many there are.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Stygian on October 22, 2006, 07:43:26 PM
On another note, I have not heard any comments from the real Wildy on this. Might someone contact her? I know she's on, probably even as we speak.

I'm not entirely sure as to the point of this.  The real life Wildy is a member of the forum, and her own person.  She isn't obligated nor should she feel pressured to make comments on the goings on of the comic.  And while the character is based from hers, the real life version has mentioned a few times in the past that she and the character Wildy are two separate individuals.

I know you didn't mean ill by it. But really it is kind of sounding like real-life Wildy is in some way obligated to post commentary anytime her comic counterpart is shown.  If she doesn't want to comment, she wont.  If she does, she will on her own terms and desires.  Until then, its best to assume she doesn't have anything to say.

(Pardon for this post if it sounds snippy...I'm a bit tired.  I do realize you didn't mean bad. Its just that some of the real life people have been harrassed by others due to their being in DMFA.)