Amish School Shooting

Started by Damaris, October 07, 2006, 10:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

Sometimes I think that's the point.  I think they make it so convoluted that you have to have someone to explain it to you, and that's how churches got their foothold.  Because obviously the religious elders and priests are the ones who know best.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Jim Halisstrad

Friggin...  People who would stoop as low as to Kill (or worse) chilldren deserve a special place in hell.

Props to the Amish for doing what they did.  That kind of compasion and forgiveness is rare in this world, I sure as hell couldn't do that.  I would be dancing on that grave with boots.  Big ones.

Anara

It's certainly something special and definately an admirable trait. I just wish that more people could forgive like that. Or better yet, I wish there wasn't any reason to forgive people like the guy who shot the children. I wish it didn't happen. Why can't people take out there anger or misery on a personal therapist rather than innocent children? :<

Gornemant

Quote from: Hilary on October 08, 2006, 11:16:44 PM
Quote from: Gornemant on October 08, 2006, 07:59:35 AM
there's an easy solution to that: don't watch the news, case closed.  :)
Ignoring it doesn't make it go away... :(
not go away, but at least you don't need to care about it anymore, because really, if you would read a list of all the horrible things that happen every day, not only would it take you the whole day to read it, but it would make you sulk and feel bad non-stop as well, probably giving you sleepless nights too.
This isn't a tragedy, this is plain human stupidity, a small drop of water in the ocean *rolls eyes*

Moral: don't worry be happy  :)

Hilary

Quote from: Gornemant on October 09, 2006, 04:29:52 AM
Quote from: Hilary on October 08, 2006, 11:16:44 PM
Quote from: Gornemant on October 08, 2006, 07:59:35 AM
there's an easy solution to that: don't watch the news, case closed.  :)
Ignoring it doesn't make it go away... :(
not go away, but at least you don't need to care about it anymore, because really, if you would read a list of all the horrible things that happen every day, not only would it take you the whole day to read it, but it would make you sulk and feel bad non-stop as well, probably giving you sleepless nights too.
This isn't a tragedy, this is plain human stupidity, a small drop of water in the ocean *rolls eyes*

Moral: don't worry be happy  :)
I don't believe that we need to wallow in tradgedy, but I think that we should at least be aware of what's happening around us.

Gornemant

Quote from: Hilary on October 09, 2006, 07:53:45 AM
I don't believe that we need to wallow in tradgedy, but I think that we should at least be aware of what's happening around us.
mmhmm, be aware yes, though not give too much importance to something as small as this

Alondro

*Charles is aware of everything... EVERYTHING*  That's why I'm filled with rage every waking moment but go into fits of mania every few minutes!  Tee-hee!  And soon I'll start pushing all the big red buttons!  :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Gornemant

Quote from: Alondro on October 10, 2006, 03:04:49 AM
*Charles is aware of everything... EVERYTHING*  That's why I'm filled with rage every waking moment but go into fits of mania every few minutes!  Tee-hee!  And soon I'll start pushing all the big red buttons!  :mwaha
oh noes, not the big red button  'A'

Anara

Buahahahahahaha... Puuuuush eeeeiit! :twisted

lucas marcone

i'm scared this crap. is local news here, and belive you me there is NO shortage of gun toteing rednecks who may be inspired by this at my school. i often get the feeling all of us "gothic f#^s" and going to get to spend our last few moments stareing down a cold steel barrel. the worst part of it is most of us arn't goth at all were just being outselves....what i like to call "individualist"

Destina Faroda

While I don't agree with much of what the Amish believe, they have shown to be more Christian by forgiving the killer and for setting up a fund for his hildren.

I wish people would be as forgiving as they are.
Sig coming...whenever...

Alondro

Quote from: Anara on October 10, 2006, 06:38:41 AM
Buahahahahahaha... Puuuuush eeeeiit! :twisted

*Charles grins evily!  Press!.... Nuthin happens?*  What the heck?  *checks and finds a small tag with some words on it*  Out of Order?!  No fair!   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif