The Sickness (Amber)

Started by Darkmoon, September 27, 2006, 10:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

*Charles yays!*  A topic about barf!  Joy!   :B

Heh, I found out by accident that if you eat a banana and drink a cup of plain tea on an empty stomach and then take a multivitamin it causes a toxic chemical reaction in the stomach that induces vomiting... very very very strongly.  :P

It's likely due to some fruit flavonoids and pentose sugars reacting with tea alkaloids via vitamin co-enzyme activity, perhaps causing the formation of cyanogenic glycosides or atypical amino acids.

Great, I'm curious about the mechanism.  Now I need to experiment. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

skwerly

Ms Amber,

Will you stop getting sick already?  I know most webcomic artists are closet masochists and all, but geez, enough is enough!

A few years ago, when my mother was sick, I bought her a cake with the message "GET WELL OR ELSE!" on it.  The baker almost refused to write the message; she thought it was a threat. :)

Great, now I'm hungry.  Mmmm, caaake..

thegayhare

Mamber I've got a small sugestion for you hon

If you want a little relief... it'll just be temperary mind you fromg the snuffly nose and draining sinuses, thats the sore throat your dinuses draining doen the back of your theroat.  go get something called Shower soothers, and take a nice hot shower with one it'll realy clear your head.  If yougot no wear to go take 2 one after the other.

these things are great

Reese Tora

*jumps in rather late*

I've always noticed an improvement when I'm nauseous, if I drink something... maybe that's just me.  My family's always reccommended 7-up when you have an upset stomach.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Manawolf

ShiningShadow

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *huh* hello everybody i feel much better now.*ACHOO* well it's time for my happy juice *glug, glug, glug* WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE *arriba speaking in spanish* *where's my pizza* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Arcalane

Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 29, 2006, 01:18:21 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *huh* hello everybody i feel much better now.*ACHOO* well it's time for my happy juice *glug, glug, glug* WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE *arriba speaking in spanish* *where's my pizza* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

I have 4 letters for you right now;

G T F O[/i]

If you're not going to contribute usefully, don't contribute at all. :rolleyes

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sheridan on September 29, 2006, 01:25:18 PM
[some nonsense]

G T F O[/i]

While I agree that there seems to have been a big rise in nonsense posts lately, that does strike me as a bit harsh.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

Well, you have to admit ShiningShadow's the source of most of them.

skwerly

Now now, let's not start the public attack/defense stuff.  Point him to the rules in a PM or report him to a moderator.  That'll remove the need for two pages of who-deserved-how-much debates.  This is a well-wishing and helpful-hint thread for Ms Amber.  Let's not ruin it, 'k?

Meanwhile, back on topic.. My mom always fed me 7-Up and/or ginger ale when I was sick.  While they both made me feel better, I can no longer drink them when I'm heathly.  When I do, my body expects to be sick and tries to compensate.  Stupid conditioned responses..

I'm surprised no one's suggested the ultimate solution yet: CHOKLIT!!

Chocolate cures all.

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 29, 2006, 01:59:42 PM
Quote from: Sheridan on September 29, 2006, 01:25:18 PM
[some nonsense]

G T F O[/i]

While I agree that there seems to have been a big rise in nonsense posts lately, that does strike me as a bit harsh.

"There's no such thing as 'Overkill', only 'OPEN FIRE!' and 'I NEED TO RELOAD!'."

Damaris

Something else to add to the puke list-

Consuming massive quantities of alcohol followed by a tums.

Very, very bad idea.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

skwerly

Quote from: Sheridan on September 29, 2006, 03:31:01 PM
"There's no such thing as 'Overkill', only 'OPEN FIRE!' and 'I NEED TO RELOAD!'."

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Damaris on September 29, 2006, 05:28:55 PM

Very, very bad idea.

Oooo. Yes, I haven't heard of many worse ideas, I'll have to admit that.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

QuoteOooo. Yes, I haven't heard of many worse ideas, I'll have to admit that.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. :-)

Is Llearch become C3PO?

Nerikull

Quote from: Cvstos on September 27, 2006, 11:23:55 PM
That's The Bug.  It's been striking all over the Midwest lately.  I had it for a while.  It sucks.  :(  Just about everyone I know has caught it and either still has it or is getting over it.  I went through an entire box of tissues during one chem class.  It wasn't fun.  But you're not alone.  (I'm in NW Indiana.)

Heheh, a Lake County hoosier too? w00t for us!

I haven't gotten the Bug either, and I'm counting myself fortunate!  I hope you get better soon, Amber! *huggles*
--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

Boog

Bug going around the midwest? How far midwest? Please tell me it doesn't start as a sort of cold with a sore throat D:

xHaZxMaTx

Dakata

Quote from: Boogeyman on September 29, 2006, 07:38:10 PM
Bug going around the midwest? How far midwest? Please tell me it doesn't start as a sort of cold with a sore throat D:
Didn't Amber say she went to Indiana? D: That's like...right under the mitten-y place where I live, you know.

*Bleh* I hope you don't get uber-sick (Like me. D: I've been sick for over a week.), Amber.

...I better send Boogeyman some emails that have evil-sick-midwestern-draggy germs all over them...:B He probably -loves- icky-sicky emails! :B

Cvstos

Quote from: Boogeyman on September 29, 2006, 07:38:10 PM

Actually, yes it does.  You get a bit of post nasal drip, then a sore throat, and then it hits.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Boog

... Oh that is 32 flavors of not good *sneezes*

Grenn

The sickness that is being discussed seems to have missed a part of the midwest. I'm in Northeast Illinois and nobody I know has it.

We're a wierd bio-free zone or something :lol:

But yes! Get well Amber!  :mowmeep

ChaoSynergy

Sounds like you've got a touch of what I had the week before last, Amber.  If it's sinus congestion that's being the main bother, I suggest a product called Mucinex.  It's a VERY good expectorant, and one tablet is enough to liquefy all that's blocking everything in order for one to do a thorough cleansing, and breath properly.

Not to mention a little Vaporrub under the nose helps at night too.

Alondro

Quote from: Damaris on September 29, 2006, 05:28:55 PM

Very, very bad idea.

*Charline wonders if Kagemushi knows about that yet...*  If not, I'll make sure he finds out the hard way!  >:}  *Kage is known for imbibiing heavily on wine and sake at Anthrocon... actually, at any con.*   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

admford

Quote from: Reese Tora on September 29, 2006, 12:33:56 PM
*jumps in rather late*

I've always noticed an improvement when I'm nauseous, if I drink something... maybe that's just me.  My family's always reccommended 7-up when you have an upset stomach.

Same here, I've been on so many operations, that my stomach was doing flip flops because of the anesthesia (strongest stuff they could get, two open heart operations). Any kind of non syrupy drink will do, as long as it's carbonated. 7-up and ginger ale are great. Though lately, tonic water has also helped me from time to time.

Also, other than liquids in your stomach, it's important to have something a bit more solid in you. I'm not saying a Beef sandwich. But at least a bit of Jello. In case you throw up again, it should be easier on you, so you won't end up dry heaving or coughing up acid/bile.

Once your stomach is better. There's one thing that will help your sinuses get much better, very fast. Sushi with an extra helping of wasabi sauce (though, the strong one). A good sushi meal, with tissues close by will have your sinuses emptied faster than any medicine.

Tiger_T

Well, bit late here.
I hope you feel better by now.
Being ill sucks. Get well soon.
:mowwink
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

ShiningShadow

I'm very sorry for my inane posting please forgive me. I was trying to make this fun for everybody. But I see you guys are way too serious here but that's my opinion here and I wish Amber to get well very soon. Again I was having a laugh here that's all but if you all look at it let's see those who take things very seriously and love to laugh and see the brighter things in life. Think about it for that moment and I apologize for my sense of humor in the forum...............

Roureem Egas

Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 30, 2006, 10:42:31 PM
I'm very sorry for my inane posting please forgive me. I was trying to make this fun for everybody. But I see you guys are way too serious here but that's my opinion here and I wish Amber to get well very soon. Again I was having a laugh here that's all but if you all look at it let's see those who take things very seriously and love to laugh and see the brighter things in life. Think about it for that moment and I apologize for my sense of humor in the forum...............

Sounding like an idiot is not lightnening the mood. Plus, pretending to be sick strikes me as insensitive.

Aridas

Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 30, 2006, 10:42:31 PM

Sense of humor? Where? I don't see any. All I see is this idiot.