Cubi dislike Dragons Why?

Started by Demont, September 27, 2006, 03:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShiningShadow

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 07, 2006, 07:59:24 AM
Quote from: Kibin on November 06, 2006, 08:20:36 AM
:mowninja: *ninja post-fu!*

Maybe it's because that, like Dan's clan, dragons cannot have them predicted by magic easily. Thus, having a dragon near Dan would make it harder to predict events in his future, since there are more unknown forces. Or something like that.

/\
||
This

thetire

Quote from: Zedd on November 04, 2006, 09:47:45 PM

Let me reply to dumb it down for you...IF DAN WAS A DRAGON HE WOULD BEEN NOTICED BY PIP BEING A DRAGON YOU SILLY COW! NOW DON'T MAKE ME GET INTO A FIERY OF MY RAGE OF MY CAMP LIKE SELF!  Thank you....

who you callin' a cow?   >:O

I was prepared for you  from square one! now you shall feel the wrath of the monarch!

Ahem. You see, Pip knew about it from the beginning. He was told by the other dragons to keep watch on Dan to see what is going to happen.
:mowdan

Stygian

PIP IS A DRAKE! DRAKES ARE PUNY LITTLE SQUEAKS, DRAGONS ARE NOT! EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT AND SHUT UP!

As you can probably guess, those last words were supposed to be something else, if it were not for the PG rating.

bill

Stygian

I am fishing for nega-karma, so no.

bill

Stop, or you're getting 700 pieces of pie.  :<

Stygian

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *runs like a little girl-like... thing...*

On another note, Destania is doing reconnaisance missions for Fa'Lina on twink territory so that she can plan the cubi attack route into dragon lands.

(No, I do not actually beleive that. That was all a convenient lie to keep this from going completely off-topic.)

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Stygian on November 09, 2006, 11:09:22 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *runs like a little girl-like... thing...*

On another note, Destania is doing reconnaissance missions for Fa'Lina on twink territory so that she can plan the cubi attack route into dragon lands.

(No, I do not actually believe that. That was all a convenient lie to keep this from going completely off-topic.)

That's what I'm talking about. It all come back to the academy Falina is planning something big and Destania is there at Twinks territory and Alexsi and the full cast of DMFA. I was right there are here to attack the Dragons and wipe them out completely. I think Dan is either the key or the thorn that is in Falina's plans.
Also I think Wildly rescue party will be witness of the attack to the Dragons.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 10, 2006, 07:16:35 AM
I think Dan is either the key or the thorn that is in Falina's plans.

If so, it's going to be more 'key' than 'thorn'.  She said she had to bring him to the academy 'at all cost', remember and she could very easily have disposed of him if he was going to upset her plans.  I can think of a few non-lethal ways of doing that too, given that he's the protagonist.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Stygian

And is she expecting him to turn to her side? Not likely on...

*sigh* I forgot that it was Fa'Lina we were talking about here. She certainly is enough of an arrogant bitch to think something like that.

ShiningShadow

Then there you go you agree with me on this Styg. I think the arrogant witch Falina will try something I hope it will blow up in her face and we all laugh at her while she's down >:3 :mwaha :mwaha.

Zedd

Im sure some of you rember why its dangeriously bad call Fa'Lina a bitch right? You might rember Jak very well

Stygian

I have my own reasons. Both for why I would want to call her that, and for why I can call her that.

NoAI

Right. Let's just drag the topic away from Fa'Lina, and back to the matter at hand.

There is one thought I've had on this subject that, after reviewing this thread, I'm surprised to find hasn't come up. What is it?

What if cubi as a race don't find anything at all wrong with dragons? What if it is just the Cyra clan? You know: Dan's clan. The one with the draconic tentacles, and apparently universal (in the sense of range, not power) protection from scrying. That clan.

I mean, it makes sense. Aary and Abel are both in a better situation then Dan to know what the enemies of his own clan are. Why and what the situation is is still anyone's guess. My guess is that the dragons have a black market trade in Cyra tentacle heads. Imitation is more then a form of flattery after all. It's also a form of cheap reproduction.

Oh, and as for the link to the comic where the scrying information was interpreted from, since at least negative one person will want to see it for reference:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_422.php

llearch n'n'daCorna

NoAI: 1.
Everyone else: 0.

Nuff said. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: NoAI on November 12, 2006, 07:43:52 PM
What if cubi as a race don?t find anything at all wrong with dragons? What if it is just the Cyra clan? You know: Dan?s clan. The one with the draconic tentacles, and apparently universal (in the sense of range, not power) protection from scrying. That clan.

I mean, it makes sense. Aary and Abel are both in a better situation then Dan to know what the enemies of his own clan are.

That's quite a different angle.  The only snag I see is Abel's line in #698 - "Something isn't right with this setup".  To me, that implies that Dragons have a standard modus operandi when carrying out whatever it is that Abel is desperate to prevent.  As far as we know, the only other Cyra Clan 'cubi at SAIA for the last few centuries was Destania - and her entry to SAIA was before Abel's time.

Now it might be that Fa'lina has briefed him on what to expect, but IMHO it looks more like this is a relatively common occurrence, rather than something specific to Dan.

Of course another option is that Pyro was actually telling the truth when he joked to Alexsi that Dan would become their leader or in some way critical - if Dan has some crucial role in his future, it would explain why Fa'lina was desperate to get at him herself.

I'm going to bed.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 12, 2006, 08:13:30 PM
Quote from: NoAI on November 12, 2006, 07:43:52 PM
What if cubi as a race don?t find anything at all wrong with dragons? What if it is just the Cyra clan? You know: Dan?s clan. The one with the draconic tentacles, and apparently universal (in the sense of range, not power) protection from scrying. That clan.

I mean, it makes sense. Aary and Abel are both in a better situation then Dan to know what the enemies of his own clan are.

That's quite a different angle.  The only snag I see is Abel's line in #698 - "Something isn't right with this setup".  To me, that implies that Dragons have a standard modus operandi when carrying out whatever it is that Abel is desperate to prevent.  As far as we know, the only other Cyra Clan 'cubi at SAIA for the last few centuries was Destania - and her entry to SAIA was before Abel's time.

Now it might be that Fa'lina has briefed him on what to expect, but IMHO it looks more like this is a relatively common occurrence, rather than something specific to Dan.

Of course another option is that Pyro was actually telling the truth when he joked to Alexsi that Dan would become their leader or in some way critical - if Dan has some crucial role in his future, it would explain why Fa'lina was desperate to get at him herself.

I'm going to bed.

Hmmmmmmmm I never saw that in this Point of View. I always believe if someone says something in joking fashion then it's the real truth. The comment of Pyro saying that Dan is the most important and very powerful Cubi in the future. Then I think Pyro is up to something to either keep this timeline intact or change it to his desire. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm too many variables too many enemies around. If Dan see this I think he will pull off something that will make him legendary for many generations to come. Who knows what will happens next on DMFA.

Izkata

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 13, 2006, 07:34:36 AMI always believe if someone says something in joking fashion then it's the real truth. The comment of Pyro saying that Dan is the most important and very powerful Cubi in the future.
What I learned from Animorphs:  Tell your someone the truth, and there's no chance they'll believe you.

Alan Garou

Quote from: Izkata on November 13, 2006, 10:32:19 AM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 13, 2006, 07:34:36 AMI always believe if someone says something in joking fashion then it's the real truth. The comment of Pyro saying that Dan is the most important and very powerful Cubi in the future.
What I learned from Animorphs:  Tell your someone the truth, and there's no chance they'll believe you.
Especially if you assure them that it's the truth. Because that is usually said after, before, or during a lie. That's why you need to scare people to get them to listen to you.

ShiningShadow

So something major will happen on the other arc of the rescue team. I know it , I just know it. Anywho if the other group of Wildly and gang will they be ready for what's comming ahead at Twinks Territory?

Stygian

Poor twinks. Trying to stop them. Geez.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Stygian on November 14, 2006, 08:39:36 AM
Poor twinks. Trying to stop them. Geez.

Oh man I forgot those twinks. Getting the brunt of the rage of Wildley and co. Hmmmmmmmmmm axes all around with a hint of fire magic.  :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Grenn

Abel seemed fine with this dragon....

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_654.php

He even seemed intimidated :D

Aridas

I'm not sure if that's a dragon. It's got several features that could make it one of... maybe 3 different species... sometimes i think this ambiguity is intentional...

Amber Williams

Zedd

Amber...Thanks for clearing that up

ShiningShadow

So at those examples that the Cubi race always have a hatred for the Dragons. So it's a power struggle for superiority that's the bottom line.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Grenn on November 15, 2006, 10:49:28 PM
Abel seemed fine with this dragon....

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_654.php

He even seemed intimidated :D
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_530.php
Also, what about the blue creature in the third panel? Is that a dragon?
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Amber Williams

That would be a Mythos.   If you could see his lower-half you would notice a whole lot more water and a whole lot more legs.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Panyko on November 16, 2006, 04:24:28 PM
That would be a Mythos.   If you could see his lower-half you would notice a whole lot more water and a whole lot more legs.

You mean that's a pool they're leaning out of?  Interesting.