2018-08-3 [DMFA #1857] Heart to Heartless

Started by Rafe, August 03, 2018, 02:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

Obviously some almost universally decent advice from Aliph here. Seems strange coming from him. (I Keep waiting for some other unintentionally heartless or sarcastic shoe to drop.)
Of course now we get the big "However..."

Who knows? Maybe one of these days Aliph will crack and show some real emotion...
...Nah.
Rafe

e_voyager

The thing that gets me is actually ask them please can you not ruined the briefest moment that said no. I can't just tell you the good side you have to know the bad so that should the worst happened you won't be disappointed or something like that. I am starting to love Dark Pegasus is the character again.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Lying Foo

...wait, when did he tell her anything good?  That is to say, better than the ultimate message?
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Dard

Did Aliph lie in the last page?
I mean, all that wall of text was a direct answer, not a counterquestion!

Kazy

...Why does Regina seem to always fold one wing back?

HaDDea

Quote from: Dard on August 03, 2018, 10:14:59 AM
Did Aliph lie in the last page?
I mean, all that wall of text was a direct answer, not a counterquestion!

heh. Well, Aliph seems to take his job as guardian/mentor seriously, so probably not. I get the feeling he's just expanding his argument from a slightly different angle. He was previously trying to get Regina to think about the question she posed to him by thinking about the qualities she respected in him and if they even related to rampaging in the slightest. Now he is giving a real-life example in Kria, and explaining his perspective on the matter. However, as he will likely conclude - he's not the only demon whose respect Regina craves and may in fact need in order to get where she wants to go, and she's going to have to consider whether she can live with that or not, and/or whether she is willing/able to bend to cultural pressures in order to get where she wants to go or not.

Considering Regina's unwillingness to think much on these things, the young demons' high mortality rates seem to make a lot more sense.

Rafe

Quote from: Kazy on August 03, 2018, 09:55:37 PM

It might have something to do with the fact that she lost her left wing at one point, and, at first anyway, decided not to let it grow back.

Viz:

Rafe

Akisohida

Quote from: Kazy on August 03, 2018, 09:55:37 PM

..Maybe Amber can't draw left wings? I'm kidding! No  :gun1 please. o.o

I do like that Dark Pegasus takes his role as mentor so seriously. Without him, I don't know if Regina would grow as much as she has.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Tuyu

Quote from: Rafe on August 03, 2018, 11:19:31 PM
It might have something to do with the fact that she lost her left wing at one point, and, at first anyway, decided not to let it grow back.
I thought the bone wing was just a zombie fashion affectation.

Zorro

Being Lawful Evil.....

Dark Phoenix tells lot of Truth.

USE THAT!