2018-03-16 [DMFA# 1826] Destruction therapy

Started by MT Hazard, March 16, 2018, 10:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Looks like we won't get the whole story just yet, but maybe Dan will stop blaming himself as much after some reassurances. We already know that Wildy doesn't blame him and Biggs doesn't seem to either, so maybe in time he'll stop blaming himself.

Also, I like the detail of one of his wing tentacles attacking a pillow.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 16, 2018, 10:57:42 AM
Also, I like the detail of one of his wing tentacles attacking a pillow.

I hope he can stop that from appearing later - a tentacle head is proof that he's not only a 'Cubi, but has a living clan leader.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Genesis

And it gives away who his clan leader is, Atleast if I'm remembering right, since each clan we've seen with them has unique tentacle heads, Falina having the weird bird ones, Siar(I think) having the finned serpenty ones, and Cyra having the ironically dragon-like ones. Also that weird librarian creature,assuming she's some variant of cubi, has rabbit heads.

Couple that with the lack of living clan leaders, and the very striking blue wings, and it won't take a genius to puzzle it out.
"I will finish the painting. Of a cold, dark, and very gentle place. So that it might make a home for someone, someday" - The Painter

killpurakat

Quote from: Genesis on March 16, 2018, 01:50:54 PM
Also that weird librarian creature,assuming she's some variant of cubi, has rabbit heads.

I think it was confirmed that the librarian is a mythos, and a highly specialized one perfect for that space and function. Although she can change her coloring/style/whatever you'd call the atmosphere of the library itself (we've seen pink/white and gray/green schemes so far).

It's never been talked about if the wing-heads are super specific to each clan with a leader (barring Piflak's clan members, who just get crazy amounts of tentacles rather than ones with heads). That would be an interesting thing if true, and it makes sense. Would be nifty to see what each clan's wing-heads are, if that's the case (oh, dear lord, what would Dimanika's clan be? Mow heads?).

Now I'm wondering if the heads can have really sharp teeth or even venom, for that extra bit of, "you made a grave mistake in picking a fight with me!"

Genesis

Quote from: killpurakat on March 17, 2018, 12:36:41 AM
Now I'm wondering if the heads can have really sharp teeth or even venom, for that extra bit of, "you made a grave mistake in picking a fight with me!"

At the very least Falina's seem to have some choppers in them.

Ironic considering they look like bird heads.
"I will finish the painting. Of a cold, dark, and very gentle place. So that it might make a home for someone, someday" - The Painter

MT Hazard

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

killpurakat

True! Thanks for pointing both of those out!  :hug

So... maybe wing-head teeth are, like the wings transforming into tentacles/tentacles with heads without the cubi's conscious effort, partially influenced by the strong emotions of the cubi coming to the surface. Hmm...

nevwyn

I had mostly forgot that they did that. I was on my way here to ask why Dan had a blue dragon coming from his butt to smother a pillow.  :mowmeep