2018-01-01 [DMFA # 1808] Punch drunk

Started by Tapewolf, January 01, 2018, 07:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Cute.  Exactly the sort of thing you'd hope for from a prankster with vast amounts of power to help warp reality a little.

Oh, and Happy New Year to everyone!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

Does anyone else notice the Doc Ock wolf in the background?
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eboreg on January 01, 2018, 10:11:28 AM
Does anyone else notice the Doc Ock wolf in the background?

I noticed her, but I have no idea who it's a cameo of.
On the other forum, someone posited that the little grabby hand might be a yinglet, which I didn't think of immediately but now I see it I can't un-see it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Haha, I love Didi. :3

And I've seen the "Doc Ock" wolf-cow on FA before--her name is Balina.

keybounce

Only today did I realize that this is a New Year's party.

e_voyager

Is anyone else finding themselves in   enamored with Dimaika? I hope I spelled her name right.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ZacAttac21

Quote from: e_voyager on January 01, 2018, 10:57:47 PM
Is anyone else finding themselves in   enamored with Dimaika? I hope I spelled her name right.

Close. It's "Dimanika."

Akisohida

Makes me wonder; if Dimanika spiked the punch, would she put a literal railroad spike in it?

It also makes me wonder if Clan Dimanika's powers work like an Ork 'Waaaaaagh!' in Warhammer.

For those who don't know, PART of what a Waaaagh! is, is an army...the other part:
A gathering of Orks generates a psychic field known as the Waaagh!, which allows Orks to instinctively recognize who is "bigga" and therefore in charge. The Waagh! also seems to warp reality to fit Orkish beliefs, allowing their ramshackle technology to function properly. If Orks are convinced that their designs are sound and functional, the Waaagh! makes them so. Other races have found that many Orkish devices simply do not work unless wielded by an Orkoid. Similarly, it is an article of faith among Orks that explosives become more powerful when they're painted, and that their vehicles go faster when given a Red Paint Job. This may sound nonsensical, but because the Orks believe this to be true, the Waaagh! makes it true.

Basically, would a Clan Dimanika 'Ubi be able to do these silly things, simply because they want too?

Like, I assume a normal magical being would have to be expending focus and magic to keep the punch floating in a 'bowl' of force-magic...while, for Dimanika, it just stays there because 'Wacky!'
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Merlin

Quote from: Akisohida on January 02, 2018, 12:48:12 AM
Makes me wonder; if Dimanika spiked the punch, would she put a literal railroad spike in it?

It also makes me wonder if Clan Dimanika's powers work like an Ork 'Waaaaaagh!' in Warhammer.

For those who don't know, PART of what a Waaaagh! is, is an army...the other part:
A gathering of Orks generates a psychic field known as the Waaagh!, which allows Orks to instinctively recognize who is "bigga" and therefore in charge. The Waagh! also seems to warp reality to fit Orkish beliefs, allowing their ramshackle technology to function properly. If Orks are convinced that their designs are sound and functional, the Waaagh! makes them so. Other races have found that many Orkish devices simply do not work unless wielded by an Orkoid. Similarly, it is an article of faith among Orks that explosives become more powerful when they're painted, and that their vehicles go faster when given a Red Paint Job. This may sound nonsensical, but because the Orks believe this to be true, the Waaagh! makes it true.

Basically, would a Clan Dimanika 'Ubi be able to do these silly things, simply because they want too?

Like, I assume a normal magical being would have to be expending focus and magic to keep the punch floating in a 'bowl' of force-magic...while, for Dimanika, it just stays there because 'Wacky!'

needs more dakka

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Alondro

Hmmm... eating punchbowl and leaving the punch...

Calling it now:  Discord is a cubi.  (crossover fanfics commence!)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Akisohida

Quote from: Alondro on January 02, 2018, 08:58:18 AM

And, to be fair, he's also Q from star trek. :D

It's kind of funny that the dude who played an all-power jerk on Star Trek plays an all-powerful jerk in MLP. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Cassi-kun

I like the idea of Dimanika casually making things surreal. Best keep her away from the clocks or they'll melt!
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

AzureEdge

Woah. I just noticed the comic number. Have we really gone nearly 1000 updates since we first met Cyra? And not only that but 9 Years? Where the hell does the time go, doesn't really seem like it was that long ago.

e_voyager

Quote from: Akisohida on January 03, 2018, 12:44:40 AM
Quote from: Alondro on January 02, 2018, 08:58:18 AM

And, to be fair, he's also Q from star trek. :D

It's kind of funny that the dude who played an all-power jerk on Star Trek plays an all-powerful jerk in MLP. :)
The problem with that is that Q is not a entity Q is the civilization in a star trek.  I still remember the Q civil war.

keybounce

I had heard that de Lancie was basically asked to play the same Q character from Star Trek in My Little Pony.

Discord took a while to grow on me. The first few times he was on, he did not really seem like the Q character.

and yes, "We call ourselves the Q."

Howl

What is that in the bottom right corner?

Alondro

Quote from: keybounce on January 04, 2018, 11:39:31 PM
I had heard that de Lancie was basically asked to play the same Q character from Star Trek in My Little Pony.

Discord took a while to grow on me. The first few times he was on, he did not really seem like the Q character.

and yes, "We call ourselves the Q."

That's exactly what happened.  Lauren Faust crafted his personality to be like Q, and then when they were wondering who to have voice him, just asked, "Well, why don't we ask John De Lancie?"  And so Discord came into being!

It's why I was hoping Starswirl could have been voiced by Patrick Stewart. You could parallel the old history, with Starswirl having been pestered by Discord in the past.  The timeline would have matched up perfectly, after all. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif