9/22/06 Clothing mandatory

Started by Netami, September 21, 2006, 08:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Gah its in my head now..GIant...Golden..bird!

LionHeart

I remember that... it was a sort of solar-powered aircraft,, If I remember right.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Zedd

But how is gold solar powered?  :erk

LionHeart

Ancient magical technology... or something like that...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

ShiningShadow

Was that on cable? I don't remember this show.............

Psy-Kosh

*sings* "Children of the sun see your time has just begun searching for your ways through adventure every day. Every day and night, with the Condor in flight, with all your friends in tow, search for the cities of gold.... Aaaaaa aaahaaahaaahaa..."

But yeah, that was a fun and weird show. Though I'm still not sure why the ancient fusion reactor (ie, the "Sun Power" device, would go wonky without its "control vase" (or whatever) inside)

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 28, 2006, 11:58:59 AM
Was that on cable? I don't remember this show.............

Dun remember what chans it was on. I do know originally it was created as a result of some collaboration between French and Japanese animators, or something. Basic theme: 16th century. Spanish explorers are seeking El Dorado.

But under all the Mayan stuff is remenants of tech from some sort of advanced civilization (The Heva Empire)

Zedd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbVNZ-cghz0 Is this show? And plus the high notes are abit trippy and annoying!

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Zedd on September 28, 2006, 05:15:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbVNZ-cghz0 Is this show? And plus the high notes are abit trippy and annoying!

Yep... that'd be the show in question.

Aridas

how can they be trippy and annoying? there's nothing wrong at all.. o.O

Zedd

I ment its good and bad at the same time..Cause the theme is stuck in my head

Weleho Rogan

I think the technology in the show is based on "the Ancient Astronaut" myth/theory..

Seek out for "The Chariot of Gods"  ;)

ShiningShadow

You know Im into anime for a very long time and this is only show I have not sen it hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Weleho Rogan

Chariots of gods has nothing to do with anime, really, it's just a theory made by Eirch von Däniken, that Mayans had technology to travel in space/ saw UFOs.

I am personally skeptical about this theory, as it has been proven false many times  :)
BUT it still provides a GREAT base to build civilizations into fantasy stories, environments and such. A good example would be Flight of the Amazon Queen (old adventure game, I think it's a free download to use with ScummVM emulator nowadays) and Rise of Legends. In Rise of Legends there's this civilization that is called "Cuotl" and it seems to be based on the "ancient astronaut" theory.

Faith would be a power source that feeds higher beings? It has been in games and so far I've always enjoyed the idea. Even in Bible the people of Babylon attempted to rise into skies, so I think that there's always been people who hope to "overthrow gods" ever since the first religions came into existence.

Aridas

Oh come on. The only thing Flight of the Amazon Queen had was a robot. Otherwise it was boobs.

Boog

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 29, 2006, 02:17:19 PM
Oh come on. The only thing Flight of the Amazon Queen had was a robot. Otherwise it was boobs.
If you ask me, boobs and robots constitute an incredibly vivid world, and a must-play gaming experience.

Zedd

That must be a really lucid game

Weleho Rogan

boobs  :erk wth are you talkin' about?  :B

there was a rocket chair, a power shield and all those nice uber-traps working on solar power  :)

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 29, 2006, 07:43:51 AM
You know Im into anime for a very long time and this is only show I have not sen it hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Yeah, until I had found fan sites online, the only thing that reassured me that I didn't hallucinate the whole thing was that my mom remembers me watching that show when I was younger.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on September 30, 2006, 09:27:04 PM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 29, 2006, 07:43:51 AM

Yeah, until I had found fan sites online, the only thing that reassured me that I didn't hallucinate the whole thing was that my mom remembers me watching that show when I was younger.

I think the myth of this if you go to my home country in Peru South America go to Inca and rent a plane tour and see the lines of Inca there are very large pictographs of monkey, whales, a person. You could only see in the sky it was done thousands of years ago how do they did this I have no idea mystery? Who knows we will never know...................