9/17 Bad Past History

Started by Teroniss, September 17, 2006, 11:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on September 18, 2006, 01:38:21 PM
Quote from: je.saist on September 18, 2006, 01:13:26 PM
Possibility? 

Devin and Pyro are the same person. The bracelets Pyro has now "could" hold some of Jy Jy's patches.

Alternatively, Devin is a cubi and Pyro is his shapeshifted form.

That would explain Abel's rage towards him yeah.

If you find a side-view, you'll notice that Devin and Pyro have very different muzzles.  If Pyro is using a patch, it's more likely to be the tail-band which he never removes, IMHO.
Although as someone mentioned, it could equally well be the time device.

As for Devin being Pyro, I'm not convinced.  Abel's had a lot of grief from Devin as a kid, but they aren't kids anymore in the current Abel's Story era.  Devin has saved Abel from Xander and countless other adventurers.  Unless he does something totally evil later on, e.g. killing one of his friends, that order of magnitude, I don't see why Abel should fly into a killing rage according to the evidence we have so far.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Charlie is messed up?

But... But... Unicorns! And Candy! And Unicorns! And Candy! And a quest!

I mean, how can you get better than that?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

I wonder what flash movie that be...

bill

Just to get it out there, I do like the introduction of serious dramatic... stuff in the main comic. Sweetness.

TheDXM

Some of these speculations make some rather broad assumptions based on the Abel story arc; now, I have no idea how Amber contrives her main plot, she may do it on the fly, plan it out weeks, months, or years in advance or she may have the whole thing written down in plain english. However, if the latter is more true, than we have to make the assumption that Amber didn't nessecarily decide to make a connection between the Abel arc and the current story. If there IS a connection, it's definitely going to answer some questions, but present new ones!

The plot is getting thicker, if you ask me.

Ice4s

Quote from: je.saist on September 18, 2006, 01:13:26 PM
This might just be Amber's style of drawing... but take a real good look at Devin and Pyroduck in these strips

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol682.jpg

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel45.jpg

And take a good look at Pyro's cast picture

http://www.missmab.com/Cast/Images/04_Pyro.jpg

1: Devin and Pyro have the exact same eye color

2: Their front locks falls over the headband... exactly the same.

3: Both Devin and Pyro have wrist bracelets

Possibility? 

Devin and Pyro are the same person. The bracelets Pyro has now "could" hold some of Jy Jy's patches.

Alternatively, Devin is a cubi and Pyro is his shapeshifted form.

This is what exactly poked my eye what you show, thank you je.saist  :)
I bet Devin and Pyro the same person.

If there are conection between the two stories thats make things even more interesting and will be oil to the fire of the whole era, as realy would make the story even more better. :)

Boog

You know, it's quite possible that Pyro was simply tactless. Abel wasn't completely thrilled about having to leave saia and teach Dan. This could just be him avoiding the responcability.

On a side note, I laughed when I saw this one's title page. I just freaked out my Parents by making them watch Charlie the Unicorn last night.

MT Hazard

Doesn't Fa'Lina have similar coloured eyes?

I was wondering if there is any connection between the yellow/gold eye colour and the undead (who have glowing yellow eyes) Maybe on reaching a certain level of power the aging process slows down to a crawl (or stops entirely)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

e_voyager

possible but not very likely. if that were true then almost all older cubi would have golden eyes. that any Pyroduck's eyes used to be blue so thats could be an impostor as well. don't belive me? look at him in comic 116

edit: and before that while he was writing in her journal his eyers were purple. i think it was in (91) before the Lorenda- Jyrras arc. and before (74) that still his eyes were brown. is there only one Pyroduck or are are there a team of them?. they power of the archive rules.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

willow186129

Quote from: thegayhare on September 18, 2006, 11:27:17 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 18, 2006, 11:05:06 AM
We've got his word and the fact that he never loses a bet.  He also seems to be collecting historical data, but there may be some other explanation for that.

collecting historical data could simply be part of his cover or it's needed for what ever his scams ultimate goal is about. 

never losing a bet could be the result of a few differnt things.  some low level precog that lets him get the outcome before hand,  A few fixed bets and letting the reputation he's built as unbeatable keep the others at bay

Hmm no I haven't read flight of the horse.  But something that awkward to use and expensive wouldn't be the sort of device you'd use for your vacation would it?

now I got to thinking about what could his scam be and I came up with this.  He gets close to Alexis working his way into her confidance before turning on the charm and working his way in so to speak.  In the mean time he could be making subtle hints about how the bar need a few repairs, and some publicity wouldn't hurt.  Alexi spends her time and money fixing up the place,  Pyro ensures the magizine artical goes off well.  Busniness starts booming and with Alexis distracted Pyro puts out word that the owner of the newest tourists hotspot wants to sell.  Since he has access to Alexishe has access to her papers and can easily convince people he's working as her agent in this.  He makes the sale, maybe more then once, and then skedaddles with the money.  Leaving Dan and Alexis with some very angery and possibly influantal people who are telling them they don't own there inn anymore

Hnn...dunno. Remember the calander picture for December? The Pyro and Alexsi cuteness? *slinks off*

llearch n'n'daCorna

You think that's changed? Go back to 113 and 91, and his eyes are black and purple, respectively. In 74 they're yellow again.

Skipping forwards, in 184, 185, 193,  they're yellow. In 222 they're squinting, so you can't tell. 235, 263, 270, 311, yellow. 390, they're a bit small, but still yellow. Likewise 393. 432, 482, 484, 485, 556, yellow. 679, he has his eyes shut. 680 and 682, obviously yellow.

Sunny Chiba has yellow glowing eyes, too... (129 or so)

Amber Williams

I think the eye thing was more an issue of me sucking and not double-checking the eye colour in between drawing him.  Either way, I'd avoid trying to tie in any speculation to Pyroduck's eye colour.  Eye-colours in DMFA are usually chosen at random to however I think looks nicest.

e_voyager

it is well done and i though that it may be radome or some think like that. widly and her bother have the same color eyes and it's the same with dan and his mother. so i thoug famly ore clan ties could be part of it too.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Arcalane

Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 18, 2006, 08:36:00 PM
I think the eye thing was more an issue of me sucking and not double-checking the eye colour in between drawing him.  Either way, I'd avoid trying to tie in any speculation to Pyroduck's eye colour.  Eye-colours in DMFA are usually chosen at random to however I think looks nicest.

Plus shifting eye colours are the best way to throw fans into random speculations as to who the characters may or may not be!  :mwaha

thegayhare

I'm truely amazed at how many times eyecolor has been brought up to try to prove or disprove links between chars.

I mean able and cid came up several times
and eye color has been used to link random people in the backgrounds to main chars

Netami

My mom has brown eyes.

... *Gasp*

I AM MY OWN MOM!

e_voyager

so this is not a first? man i need to arcien this arubmesn so that ui can have a bais for speculation.

Arcalane

Quote from: thegayhare on September 18, 2006, 09:36:45 PM
I'm truely amazed at how many times eyecolor has been brought up to try to prove or disprove links between chars.

I mean able and cid came up several times
and eye color has been used to link random people in the backgrounds to main chars

Fans will always grasp at straws if it means they have a chance of somehow being related to a canon character. Well, some will. But you know how it is... the whole "Gay for Abel" thing. ;)

King Of Hearts

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 18, 2006, 06:23:46 AM
One interesting thing to note is that medieval Christian bishops would go into battle with huge clubs as they were not allowed 'to spill a drop of blood'. Hypercritics.

This is a test post, Im new.

On a related note, the followers or Kali are also not allowed to spill the blood of the people that are to be sacrificed to her, the belief is that everything of the sacrifice belongs to her, even the blood. Stangulation and blunt force trauma is the preffered method of killing during ritualistic sacrifice.

GabrielsThoughts

I'm surprised no one has brought up the possibility that Pyro could also just as easily be  Aary in disguise, or Dark pegusus, or Fa'lina on a vacation in her adventurer disguise. and she was posing as Pyroduck because she knew all along where Destina was and that Dan was her child....

Has anyone seen Pyroduck and Fa'lina Together?  I don't think so.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kenji

*doesn't feel like reading the thread*
Obviously Abel's just jealous of Pyro's hair. He wants more color on his body.

EvilIguana966

I do believe Pyroduck was a real person's character at one point in time.  That suggests to me that the "Amber original character X in disguise" theory is unlikely to be true. 

Netami

The important part of that statement is "at one time." Pyroduck's character as pretty prominent in Lost Lake, sure, but he's not been around and pretty much "sold his soul" to amber so she's going to do what she sees fit. I don't think it's beyond the scope of probability (some of the theories so far have been retarded, give me a break) that she'd have him be another character in disguise. After all, he's been Pyroduck for a long time, he's a new person.

Alondro

*Erfs at TGH*  Nuuuuu!  That's too much of a possibility!  Never say things that could actually be true!  Pyroduck is not a CIA operative!  That's not what it is!  He's not a Cubi Intelligence Agency spy!  Ack!  *She's hit with a blowdart, rendered instantly unconscious, and then is dragged away by unknown persons in the shadows...*  :mowdizzy
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

Wonders what he's getting Erf'd for, the con man theroy, or the eye color complaint*

Zedd

Well I dont know women too well ya know..They are the odder deigrams of the living race of anything..

e_voyager

ey ey ey . you all are gooin off on more tanges then i am. an i only spout about 1/5 of the tangens that i think up

Zorro

Easy enough to see.

Pyroduck is a Demon.

Look at the wings.  Plus the fact that he is unconcerned about Abels threat.

He simply is confident that he can knock him on his ass in a second.

Abel knows him from living in Zinvth, the Demon city.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Has anyone considered that possibly Amber threw in the extra episodes of AS in order to bring the two stories more in sync, so that we get Pyro and Abel meeting in the main story, shortly before we get the back story on AS?

Just a thought, and just as valid as wandering through looking at eye colour. Which passed the time pleasantly for a while, at least :-)

e_voyager

indeed it is a vaild theory one that i was not about to state though i had thought about it.