04/18/2011 [DMFA #1211] - Size is all natural

Started by OminousShadow, April 18, 2011, 12:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OminousShadow

If that is the natural size of a clan leader, why isn't Fa'Lina that big?

Edit: Fixed your topic. Come on, guys, it's not like the format is tricky or anything - copy and paste the previous one, for crying out loud. Sheesh.
  -- llearch
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

nevwyn

Because we all know that Fa'Lina is of unnatural size, even if she didn't shift.

That said Cyra has an ass the could stop a truck, I think I'm in love.   :mowhappy

Maark30

And it looks like she has been hiding all this time on a nice beach somewhere  :mowhappy
I just wonder if it is clothing optional??  :mowdizzy
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

dravus

I think Amber needs to be careful with that clothing.....that's pushing the PG a bit with how loose it is :P

it looks like it's gonna fall right off her chest!

Maark30

Alas the advantage (or disadvantage depending on your point of view) of a static medium... without movement you don't have clothing malfunctions.  :mowsad
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

RandomMetaphysics

Ok, so Cubi clan leaders are large in general.
Question is, where are Dan and Cyra right now? Is this... taking place in the "dream world?" Like a chat room formed from their minds where they influence the environment?
Or is Cyra on some far off world/plane of existence, and Dan is being "projected" in the environment?

On another note,  I must say that I'm loving the blue going on.

CoyoteCaliente

Quote from: OminousShadow on April 18, 2011, 12:52:18 AM

Technically, Fa'Lina isn't a clan leader. She has no clan.
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.

Shachza

Holy bodacious beach babe, Batman!  (Remember, commas save lives!  And sometimes dignity)

Wait!  Cyra doesn't have a tail?!   :erk
            <-- #1 that is!

Ryy Lazurus

Is she trying to blind her poor grandchild? No relative should show that much cleavage to another family member!

Love that smile on her though. What a woman.. . . . . .

Infranscia

Well, I think this confirms that she's actually that big.  *goes to edit the wiki*  Looks like she's also starting to get the hang of more-normal speech.

Quote from: CoyoteCaliente on April 18, 2011, 01:52:28 AM
Quote from: OminousShadow on April 18, 2011, 12:52:18 AMIf that is the natural size of a clan leader, why isn't Fa'Lina that big?

Technically, Fa'Lina isn't a clan leader. She has no clan.

I'm kind of wondering if the size has to do with how much power they have, and if Fa'Lina's smaller because of either lack of clan members - as you mentioned - or her using so much of her power to maintain the academy.  Of course, she could always just be shifting herself so that she's smaller...

She is still tall, though.

Quote from: Shachza on April 18, 2011, 01:59:21 AMWait!  Cyra doesn't have a tail?!   :erk

Huh... Could be that it's just hidden behind everything, but come to look at it, yeah, I don't see a tail in any of her pictures.  If she is indeed tailless, I wonder what the story behind that would be?

... Not that I want to bother Amber with extra comics or anything. ^_^;  Just curious is all.

And yeah, let's not let Dan's eyes be ruined again please.  ~_^
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

lilpuppy23

I am noticing a lot more detail in the backgrounds and on the characters. Good Work, Amber!

Blackwolf359

The fact that she snuck up on him is impressive O.o
If someone pushes you into the abyss...Jump and grab them so they can race you to the bottom :P

POODLE! That is all.

Madmann135

I find the concept of Cyra sneaking up on Dan to be childish... and something she might do...

If I saw Cyra like that in real life... I would ask her to marry me.  I know she would say no (or yes just to mess with my head) but she is surprisingly attractive ...And in this case I mean it exactly as it sounds, her wingspan is beautiful.

I have two primary (fantasy) interest in women.  Hot amazon and sexy librarian, Cyra qualifies as a sexy librarian.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Well, it would freak the students out and be very inconvenient in terms of the buildings having to be vastly larger just for her.  Better to assume a size closer to that of the people you're going to be working with, I'd say.

Quote from: Infranscia on April 18, 2011, 02:10:51 AM
Huh... Could be that it's just hidden behind everything, but come to look at it, yeah, I don't see a tail in any of her pictures.  If she is indeed tailless, I wonder what the story behind that would be?

I think Amber once said that there was a tail in there somewhere, but usually it gets lost in her massive hairdo.

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on April 18, 2011, 01:34:24 AM
Ok, so Cubi clan leaders are large in general.

[Makes a note of that]

Question is, where are Dan and Cyra right now? Is this... taking place in the "dream world?" Like a chat room formed from their minds where they influence the environment?

Dan hit his head on the roof of the inn - I'm pretty sure that this is happening in his head through some mechanism similar to dream-surfing, rather than him being physically teleported there.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Maark30 on April 18, 2011, 01:26:40 AM
Alas the advantage (or disadvantage depending on your point of view) of a static medium... without movement you don't have clothing malfunctions.  :mowsad

... Now, where was that link again? I'm sure I remember someone sending me a link to a clothing malfunction in a conversation between Abel and Fa'Lina...

Of course, the strip itself is NSFW, and hence not allowed to be posted here. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

LordViking

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 18, 2011, 03:24:48 AM
... Now, where was that link again? I'm sure I remember someone sending me a link to a clothing malfunction in a conversation between Abel and Fa'Lina...
I think I saw that too somewhere, nearly took out one of his eyes I believe. Though I can't remember when or where I saw it.

:shapeshifters
I rather not have used the "you moron" part, but it is part of the image so nothing I can do about it (well, I can but I'm too lazy to fire up photoshop just for that).

I like the theory that Fa'Lina is small because she is a clanless clanleader and has less power because of that. Though from what I understood it was the clanleaders that provided the power to the rest of the clan. Doesn't mean it doesn't work both ways though. But Cyra only has two members (whether or not Dan is counted as one in the Clan Leader pages I don't know) so she wouldn't be able to get much power via that way either.

Turnsky

this might be referring to Cyra's size on whatever plain Dan's interacting with her on.

whether it be auras, presence, or whichever, Cyra might have a large presence on one plain, but a more mundane one on the physical.

also, who votes she pays a visit to Lost lake in disguise?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

AxiLarin

Geez!  All these fan boys losing it over Cyra... stepping on their own tongues and making it unsafe to walk with all that drool...  Embarassing.   :/

(aside, blushing and bowing his head shyly) Um...  thank you for showing Cyra cuz she's so hot.  I want to marry her and/or die in her sweet embrace.  Now I see where Destania gets her hotness from.  And I must thank Cyra's tailor with a warm plate of cookies and a cash bribe.  :shy

Seriously, another great visual and interaction.  Plus, I love the "melange eyes" when Dan enters the dreamscape.

Tapewolf

Quote from: LordViking on April 18, 2011, 05:08:12 AM
I rather not have used the "you moron" part, but it is part of the image so nothing I can do about it (well, I can but I'm too lazy to fire up photoshop just for that).
I assumed when we made it that most people would recognise it as a quote from the comic and take it in good faith :3

QuoteI like the theory that Fa'Lina is small because she is a clanless clanleader and has less power because of that. Though from what I understood it was the clanleaders that provided the power to the rest of the clan. Doesn't mean it doesn't work both ways though. But Cyra only has two members (whether or not Dan is counted as one in the Clan Leader pages I don't know) so she wouldn't be able to get much power via that way either.

My understanding is incomplete and may even be wrong, but from what I gather it works something like this:

'Cubi are normally energy feeders, and use this energy [which they can usually harvest via emotions, dreams and soul-stealing] to sustain themselves and perform feats of magic.
Ascending to tri-wing form initiates some kind of reaction that allows them to generate their own energy in vast quantities, enough to render them immortal (or ageless, since Amber's description seems to ruffle a few feathers).
So much more energy is generated than the tri-wing needs that it spills over to their clan-mates and renders them more powerful than a regular 'Cubi with no tri-winged Leader.

It has been suggested that the power is divvied up between the members, so the more you have the closer they get to the baseline as the power is diluted.  If Cyra's extra power is divided between just Destania and Dan, they are going to be pretty badass and unless Cyra dies, I'd imagine that Dan would automatically get a rather longer lifespan and more power than a regular 'Cubi would without having to resort to soul-stealing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 18, 2011, 03:24:48 AM
I think I saw that too somewhere, nearly took out one of his eyes I believe. Though I can't remember when or where I saw it.

Found it. NOTE: THIS LINK IS NSFW, DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE UNDERAGE OR UNDER MANAGEMENT SUPERVISION. I repeat - if you are unable to look at a "wardrobe malfunction", don't go here. But then, the site is "Rule 34", so one would think you'd been warned already...

I think that manages to cover the bases.

I like the theory that Fa'Lina is small because she is a clanless clanleader and has less power because of that. Though from what I understood it was the clanleaders that provided the power to the rest of the clan. Doesn't mean it doesn't work both ways though. But Cyra only has two members (whether or not Dan is counted as one in the Clan Leader pages I don't know) so she wouldn't be able to get much power via that way either.

I'm of the opinion that Fa'Lina is the size she is because she wishes to be.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Well, it's a vision. If I remember correctly, we haven't ever, so far, seen Cyra outside of dream visions - I might be wrong, but wasn't there even a mention in some comic that she doesn't even have a physical body anymore?
My impression so far was always that Cyra's size is more a metaphorical, in the sense that she is the embodiment of her clan and her spirit may spread out over the whole size of it, watching all its members and giving them power. I thought of her as large in "le clan cest moi" kind of way, if that makes any sense...

Whether there is any truth in that or not, I'm particularly impressed by the size of her jewellery. (And also proud to be probably the first guy in history to use that statement without innuendo) It's always nice if you can deal with - say - an attacking, fully grown Gryphon by a simple swing of your head.

Unrelated, anyone else imagine her speaking lines with that reverse echo effect the Protoss had in Starcraft 1?  8) (Not sure right now if they still have it in 2) Because that would sound just awesome.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 18, 2011, 06:19:36 AM
I'm of the opinion that Fa'Lina is the size she is because she wishes to be.
I fully agree. Fa'Lina isn't small, she's just a different kind of large.
*hides*

Wanderer

We saw a clan leader fighting a dragon before. They were the same size. I believe Cyra is speaking plainly: that is the natural size for a clan leader. Fa'Lina is not that size probably because she's chosen not to be, for the sake of convenience.

Quote from: Wanderer on April 18, 2011, 07:24:37 AM
Fa'Lina is not that size probably because she's chosen not to be, for the sake of convenience.
But that's kind of the point - they can change their size at will. Why would they decide to stomp around as giants in every day life? That'd be extremely impractical. :)

Garsemor

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 18, 2011, 05:48:11 AM

(What Tapewolf said)

If tri-wings generate more energy than they have to and so they send the rest to the clan, then maybe it's not the size of the clan that determines how bit the clan leader but rather the lack of clan.
If you think about it, SAIA is sort of like Fa'linas clan so she gives her exes of power to the cubi there which in turn makes her smaller but on the other hand Cyra has only got 2 members so she doesn't have enough people to send all the exes energy to and in turn it all goes to her size.

Ghostwish

Yet more adjustments to D&DFMA. Clan leader's natural size is colossal. :>

I don't think I can add anything more constructive here than what's already been said. Amber has come so freakin' far that the millennium falcon would have a hard time keeping up.

I was in class one day, and showed an artist how persistence and dedication pays off in art-style. I flicked to the start of the archive of DMFA "This is where she started." and then to the current comic "And this is where she is some thousand strips later. See?" and their reaction was "HOLY ****". And then of course they went into that artisticy self-emo thing omaigodI'llneverbethatgood yadda yadda. -.-

AMBER! SPREAD SOME OF YOUR ARTISTIC PROWESS TO MY STUPID CLASSMATES. XD

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on April 18, 2011, 07:51:02 AM
If tri-wings generate more energy than they have to and so they send the rest to the clan, then maybe it's not the size of the clan that determines how bit the clan leader but rather the lack of clan.

As has been mentioned, Siar had about 2000 clan members and was still dragon-sized.  I think Tri-wings simply are that big in their unaltered basic form.

Lego3400

I love Cyra's outfit here. Just the style, it looks very oriental to me.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 18, 2011, 08:56:22 AM
As has been mentioned, Siar had about 2000 clan members and was still dragon-sized.  I think Tri-wings simply are that big in their unaltered basic form.

Yew would be correct. (This is gonna get mentioned in the comic in the future, so I figure its not too much a spoiler to clear things up now)  Tri-Wings are naturally really big.   Usually if you are seeing a normal-sized one (like Fa'Lina), they have either shapeshifted themselves smaller...or more likely they are simply using an aspect puppet or proxy of themselves to interract with folks while their true selves are hidden elsewhere.   The aspect, while powerful, is not really the clan leader themselves but simply a small subset of them.   Which is convenient since even if you somehow "kill" the aspect, you haven't really done anything to the clan leader themselves other than inconveniencing them.  However, it's not something clan leaders like to do anymore since during the dragon-cubi war, a big downfall was that some creatures would simply follow the link the aspect has with the actual clan leader and go after the clan leader themselves via it. (Sort of the inverse of what happened to Siar where her link to her clan members was used to track them down)

It is very very unlikely in the event someone encounters a clan leader, that they are actually encountering the actual clan leader.

Techcubi

Huh....So, which one of those two is probably more likely in Fa'lina's case? Shapeshifting or puppet thingy?

joshofspam

But now we get some additional information how Tri-wings fought dragons possibly durring the war.

It's a far cry from when you just think about how someones Fa'lina's size fights a dragon. You could have a dragon on tri-wing rolling over their respective armies trying to kill one another when magic wasn't working for them to well.

Gosh, battles between tri-wings and dragons must have been some of the nastiest battles in the history of Furrae.

Think DP and Dan's last seen battle and magnified by ten. :erk
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.