04/24/09 [Abel 2 #52] - How to charm a lady

Started by Feather Dancer, April 24, 2009, 02:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feather Dancer

And it's blue! As much of a pain in the ass he becomes I think that's really cute. Magic has it's uses clearly.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Jairus

Now I'm starting to get a sense of why Aniz is so desperate to rebuild his clan. He went from everything to practically nothing. No wonder he snapped.

And... wow... so Aniz and Destania did have a thing. I sense that next week will be showing the relationship going south. Meanwhile, I'm going to sit back with my popcorn and watch the oncoming storm...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

AmigaDragon

or the train wreck that Aniz became (and caused).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

insidexml

Woah, what?

Wow. That came out of the blue.

Ack! Bad pun!
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

AmigaDragon

Meanwhile, back in the main strip:

Abel: "You wanna hear something really freaky?"
Dan: "What?"
Abel: "My dad dated your mom."
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

VSMIT

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 24, 2009, 03:14:44 AM
Meanwhile, back in the main strip:

Abel: "You wanna hear something really freaky?"
Dan: "What?"
Abel: "My dad dated your mom."
Dan: "Where did that come from?"
Abel: "I don't know.  I just suddenly remembered it."

This gives some insight into the relationship now between Destania and Aniz...

Baal Hadad

Wow....

This is payback for Dan's thought that ABEL had a crush on Destania....   :erk

(Okay, "payback" isn't the right word, but it's late and I can't think of it just now....)

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

Oh, now that is interesting.  Unless I'm very much mistaken, Siar is now dead which means that the fall of the clan happened within the last 800 years.  That I did not expect.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Feather Dancer

The page says 52 but the link name says 53 so. I also see a missed a / in the date damnit lemme fix.

Being up earlier than usual makes my gramatical and spelling skills fail :<
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Slowtini

Amber you are a master of the unexpected.
(at least unexpected by me, dunno bout' the rest of yall) ^^;

Dwarg91

:erk Th-that was unexpected. Though yeah this gives us major insight as to why Aniz went crazy.

Paladin Sheppard

:twist

Rawr...

This needs a badly written fanfic now, any takers?

Tsunari

Now Amber won't let the whole Aniz is Dan's father idea die out.

Tarynsgate

Misery and Pain. A lovely combination. Neither will ever go hungry.....
Et Manu Et Corde - With hand and with heart

Hellcat

A haiku

A love brang great pain

Misery loves company

Aniz dates Dans mom

Slowtini

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on April 24, 2009, 04:19:39 AM
:twist

Rawr...

This needs a badly written fanfic now, any takers?
Hey, you're the one who brought it up.

Naldru

What I want to know is why the relationship between Aniz and Destania was such a surprise.  Was it just that she was older or was there something more sinister like a feud between the families.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on April 24, 2009, 06:02:35 AM
What I want to know is why the relationship between Aniz and Destania was such a surprise.  Was it just that she was older or was there something more sinister like a feud between the families.

From the last panel, it sounds like Siar didn't approve of the match, so yes.  Sounds to me like it bloomed into a full-fledged war between the two clans.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 24, 2009, 06:35:17 AM
Quote from: Naldru on April 24, 2009, 06:02:35 AM

From the last panel, it sounds like Siar didn't approve of the match, so yes.  Sounds to me like it bloomed into a full-fledged war between the two clans.

We'll see, but Destania is thousands of years older than Aniz at that point, yes.  We've had no hit of bad blood between the Siar and Cyra clans as of yet, so let's not jump to conclusions.

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on April 24, 2009, 07:16:59 AM
We'll see, but Destania is thousands of years older than Aniz at that point, yes.  We've had no hit of bad blood between the Siar and Cyra clans as of yet, so let's not jump to conclusions.

The first panel is quite clearly implying (if not actually saying so) that Aniz was alive during Siar's reign.  Otherwise they wouldn't be considered a particularly powerful clan, and "they" (being the rulers of Aniz' clan) wouldn't really be in a position to object.

We know from Abel's bio that in the present day the clan has been fragmented to the point of extinction.  Abel in the present and Aniz (when he chopped up Hennya) didn't show any tentacle-heads.
That's not conclusive, but it very strongly implies that Siar was killed, which must have had happened after the major wars.  There aren't many things that can take down a Tri-Wing, but another Tri-Wing is going to be among those.

Is it conclusive?  No.  But it's the setup we've been given.  It'll be interesting to see if it pans out that way or if there's another twist or two in there.

Mao

Quote from: inuhanyo on April 24, 2009, 07:16:59 AM
... so let's not jump to conclusions.

That's pretty much all these guys do around here, so they can have the chance to feel good about themselves when/if they're proven right.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 24, 2009, 07:30:23 AM
That's pretty much all these guys do around here, so they can have the chance to feel good about themselves when/if they're proven right.
Fine.  What would you prefer to discuss?

Mao

I never said I minded either way.  I was merely pointing out that telling people on this board of all boards not to jump to conclusions was a pretty pointless thing to do.  I'm sure it would all shrivel up into nothingness if we didn't have theorists plinking out wild speculations.

icarus

now THAT'S a twist i didn't see coming at ALL.

and after a day of student teaching, baby sitting, cats arriving and lesson planning...i am too tired to work out exactly what it means. damn you amber! damn youuuuuu!

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Mao

A student hitting on a teacher.  Were this the real world the media would be up in arms... and everyone who'd ever listened to the song 'Hot for Teacher' and liked it would be giving Aniz high fives for a rather slick move.

Pagan

Personally, I find it surprising that Destania isn't exactly turning him down. I would have expected her to act like an ice queen.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Scarydragon

All I can say, is that this plot twist will create interesting developments. And equally interesting consequences.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Lisky

i just hand an awkward thought.  If D were to have actually taken Aniz up on the whole dating thing... would that make D a cougar, or a pedophile?  :U

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

senrath

Is this gonna turn into a very, very disturbing version of Romeo and Juliet, only without Romeo and Juliet dying?