Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareeku

OK, i'm thinking of starting a new rp soon, based on my story "Furrae Chronicles". I still ned to think of a plot and other stuff, but at the moment i was just wondering if anybody would be insterested in joining.

NOTE: This rpg (once it actually starts), even though it is set in the world of Furrae (the DMFA universe), will be a pretty serious rpg. This means no non-serious characters are allowed (such as talking babies/plushies or any other stuff like that).

Summary:
It has been two years since a group of adventurers had travelled the world of Furrae, aiding a warrior known as Gareeku Manoko in his quest for vengence. Now, various people all over Furrae had begun to disappear, with people who knew them not knowing what to do. Receiving an anonymous letter to meet in one particular tavern, a group of adventurers, both likely and unlikely, will once again travel the realm of Furrae to save the ones they care for...

Rules

1 (and prehaps the most important, in my opinion). NO POWERGAMING OR GODMODING. By not placing any rules such as HP, AP etc., I'm trusting you guys to create a character who has strengths, but who also has weaknesses. If i see people creating characters that are all powerful and can do anything, I will not be amused and severe burninating will commence.

2. I know I may sound like an ass when i say this, but i'd like people to have -some- degree of skill in writing. In other words, this means a basic grasp of grammar and spelling. I don't want to see sentences like this that are about a mile long and are missing practically all forms of grammar because it is quite frustrating to read and hard to know when breaks such as full stops and commas are supposed to be let alone speech and thought! *FAINTS* (if you don't mind, when you want to put the thoughts of your character, do it with speech marks or in italics.)

3. POST LENGTH: In all honesty i prefer quality over quantity. Obviously dont make your posts 1 or 2 sentences long, but you dont have to write an essay if you don't feel like it. Its up to you guys.

4. POST EDITING: The idea that's been in my head for a little while now is that i'll let all you guys do your posts, then i'll put up my post. Obviously i'm not really keen on you guys basically re-writing your posts, but editing i don't mind.

5. Do not control other people's characters. This is considered god-moding and so is not looked lightly upon.

That's all the rules i can think of right now. if i think of any more i'll put them up a bit later.

Guidelines on how to rp in this rpg

Now, i know some of you are getting confused about how this is actually going to work, but i'll try to explain, and the best i can explain is by giving an example, which can be viewed below...

I write:

Gareeku sat in the tavern, mulling over the letter he had received only a few days ago. It was then, however, that a familiar figure walked into the tavern, bringing a smile to the wolf's face. "Paladin! It's good to see you!" the warrior said in greeting, holding out a hand while waiting for a response from his old friend.

Paladin writes:

Walking into the tavern, confusion filled the wolf's mind over the mysterious letter that was sent to him not long ago. Deciding that a drink was in order, Paladin began to make his way to the bar when he hard a voice call to him. Looking over, a smile came to the wolf's face. "It's good to see you too, my friend" the wolf said, the smile still on his face as he took Gareeku's outstretched hand in a handshake.

I hope that helps. If not, then...erm...i'll think of something.

Gabi

That's mean, Gareeku. You know I'll have to join if you make this, and I have hardly any free time as it is. :P
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Hilary

Quote from: Gabi on July 12, 2006, 01:45:24 PM
That's mean, Gareeku. You know I'll have to join if you make this, and I have hardly any free time as it is. :P
:yeahthat Hehe... I'll definitely do it. But I'll have to get a time-turner or some such device...  :mowtongue

lucas marcone

im in you make it most definitely i hear tell you cook up some good stories and an rp isnt that far a cry from a story. :murtagoy

Suwako

Well ofcaurse I'm in  :mowhappy
But I can only post a evening times (got work :( )

Paladin Sheppard

KarlOmega1

And This time I'll be thinking what character I should create to join...bah! I'll just bring Lilith ...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Azlan

Furrae is a difficult world to RP in... very difficult, but it could be rewarding for you, good luck.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

KarlOmega1

I could always use Lilith...or better yet, her ninja of a younger brother, Issac Shinji Prower...you know what? I'll use  Issac...

Name: Issac Shinji Prower
Species: Kitsune (multi-tailed fox)
Race: Cubi/vampire cross
Fur color: red
Eyes: hazel
Hair: short, dark Brown
Appearal: wears a black ninja outfit, possesses several throwing knives, shuriken, and a reverse-bladed katana.

How about that, Gareeku?
I'm a Skype User.

BlackJokerFox

I'd be interested in seeing what you can cook up Gareeku

Gabi

I foresee that Gareeku will become very busy in the near future.

Eibborn

OH GOD YES!
I've been waiting for a good RP ever since the DnD-style one went on hiatus. I'm in, or at least very interested!
/kicks the internet over

James StarRunner

B-but how can I act like a goofball and climb into my own backpack?

I'd like to, but I should focus on getting the D&D one done first or at least when I've finished being dungeon master.

Gabi

Supercheese

Quote from: James StarRunner on July 14, 2006, 04:44:24 PM
B-but how can I act like a goofball and climb into my own backpack?

I'd like to, but I should focus on getting the D&D one done first or at least when I've finished being dungeon master.

Whoops, there, James, your emote has transparency issues... maybe I can fix that...

Anyways, I'd really, really like to be in... it sounds awesome!

Should I read Furrae Chronicles first? I might have some spare time to read it here...

EDIT:

There we go.

James StarRunner

Well, I was a little nervious with the forum switch and wanted to wait till the new forum was up (which it obviously is now).

Quote from: Supercheese on July 14, 2006, 04:47:30 PM
Whoops, there, James, your emote has transparency issues... maybe I can fix that...

Anyways, I'd really, really like to be in... it sounds awesome!

Should I read Furrae Chronicles first? I might have some spare time to read it here...

EDIT:

There we go.
Hmm? Looks exactly the same in my browser, but I may as well fix it. Thanks Cheese!

Tapewolf

That's kind of tempting.  But I've never been in one before, so I'm not sure..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Supercheese

Quote from: James StarRunner on July 14, 2006, 04:48:05 PM
Hmm? Looks exactly the same in my browser, but I may as well fix it. Thanks Cheese!

Well, if the background is white or close to white then you wouldn't notice a difference... but if it isn't, then that color shows through in the eyes. It looks bad, so I had to fix. >.<

BTW, love the avatar! Makes me want to make an emote with big, shiny eyes...

Arcalane

Hm, if I wasn't so busy managing Wastelands and trying to fix my computer, I might join in..

And I think somebody needs to work on their originality. Seriously.

I'm not naming anyone, but they should know who they are.

Gabi

Quote from: Sheridan on July 15, 2006, 04:58:54 AM

Saying that is just like saying nothing, but more annoying. Everyone may think it could be them, yet ignore the reason of your comment.

Arcalane

Quote from: Gabi on July 15, 2006, 09:46:20 AM

Saying that is just like saying nothing, but more annoying. Everyone may think it could be them, yet ignore the reason of your comment.

True, but nobody else has posted a profile yet, so it's obvious enough without naming anyone.

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Sheridan on July 15, 2006, 01:17:40 PM

True, but nobody else has posted a profile yet, so it's obvious enough without naming anyone.

Why you... *Smites Sheridan*
I'm a Skype User.

Arcalane

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on July 15, 2006, 01:20:49 PM
Quote from: Sheridan on July 15, 2006, 01:17:40 PM

Why you... *Smites Sheridan*

You're in no position to smite -me-, emowannabeninja.  :laugh

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.

Arcalane

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on July 15, 2006, 01:27:00 PM
Don't make me Bring Ink in here...

1) Let's not start derailing the thread.

2) You need to work on your threats, and I doubt Ink would do what you told him to... at least, not without serious consequence for yourself.  :mowwink

~~

Back on topic, now.

RJ

Quote from: Gareeku on July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM
This means no non-serious characters are allowed (such as talking babies/plushies or any other stuff like that).

Heh, that kind of gets rid of RJ... she's one of the least serious people in the world...  :laugh

Gabi

Well, I guess you can have a character who doesn't normally take things seriously, but it should be believable.

Arcalane

Quote from: Gabi on July 16, 2006, 11:37:22 AM
Well, I guess you can have a character who doesn't normally take things seriously, but it should be believable.

I'd say it's perfectly reasonable to have someone who is highly optimistic and thus rarely seems to take anything seriously, because they're always looking on the bright side of things. :)

Nikki

Xze will Join...i need to renew my RPing skills anyways =3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Gareeku

Quote from: RJ on July 16, 2006, 11:35:08 AM
Quote from: Gareeku on July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM
This means no non-serious characters are allowed (such as talking babies/plushies or any other stuff like that).

Heh, that kind of gets rid of RJ... she's one of the least serious people in the world...  :laugh

As Gabi said, the character can be cheerful, optimistic etc, just so long as they're believable and fit in with the world of Furrae.  ^.^

I still need to think of a suitable story for this, but its great to see so much interest! I'm flattered! :mowhappy