Paladin's Shortstorys Web-MA *plus* RJ's Accidental Acquaintance *Updated*

Started by Paladin Sheppard, July 11, 2006, 10:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

Of Paladin's Past and Present

In the end it was just the three of them left. They were three out of twenty of the best trained and equipped 'cubi in the fast reaction squads that Xe'Pherion city Royal Guard could offer. They paused at the entrance to the main room, the hallways and lesser rooms behind them a charnel house of broken and bleeding bodies. They stopped not because of the small army that was between them and their target, but because of what their target was. "Ah, the TiPaollo's pet attack dogs," the head winged, cloaked figure in the middle of the room sneered. "I was wondering if you made it though my little welcoming party".

"Lieutenant, you and I will cover Sergeant Rec'rem as he takes a shot at that bastard" Captain Juliana whispered to her remaining two companions as the figure continued its monologue. "Roger that, ma'am," the rusty brown wolf incubus to her right replied as he set himself to the battle to come. There was no noise from her left as the fox incubus sergeant readied his scoped autobow. "Go" The mouse succubus shouted as she and Paladin hurled themselves into the horde in front of them, blocking any attempts to stop the sergeant as he shot several bolts at the cloaked figure. The bolts flew true but were stopped as the 'cubi picked up one of its minions and used it as a shield. Dropping the bolt-riddled corpse the figure laughed and the Special Forces troopers finally could identify at least the sex of their opponent. Badger like features were revealed as her cowl slipped as she laughed manically. "Sergeant, suppressive fire, keep her pinned" the mouse succubus yelled as she drew her blade from the guts of the being in front of her. Again the sergeant complied with her order without speaking, launching another salvo at the target only to see them all bounce off a magical shield. "No good ma'am we're gonna have to do it the hard way". The Captain thought for a moment as she snuffed the lives of three more opponents. "Alright, form up. Paladin, you have the lead; we will need to get closer".

Paladin broke out of the defensive stance he was in and flew into the attack, his ancient two-handed battleaxe leading the way, and his swords, gripped by his wing-tentacles, slashing out at threats to his flanks. A bull stepped up with a large hammer only to be sent flying away with its chest split open, a lioness and an ape on ether side falling back with gaping wounds where their throats had been an eye blink ago. Beings and creatures were tossed or fell in Paladin's path as he and his fellow soldiers worked their way closer to the middle of the room, a slit belly here, chest cavity crushed there, another with a bolt through its eye as Rec'rem provided some covering fire to the rampaging incubus. But the press of the horde was too much; it slowed them. "Skipper!" Pal yelled over the clamor of battle. "We need to break them up!" Juliana nodded as she began casting a spell, Pal, falling into a defensive stance again, protecting his Captain, as she unleashed a wave of ice from the group. The wave scattered all but the largest and most resistant of the mob. The group was on the attack again, but with Juliana slightly ragged from the rushed casting. Pal watched as the wave reached where the blue and white badger succubus was standing but gritted his teeth as even Juliana's powerful spell was turned by the shield. An arrow clattered off Paladin's armor as somewhere, an archer took shots at the group. Another found a gap in hs leg plates and Paladin paused to break the shaft, but as he looked up the badger 'cubi had moved towards the three. Paladin moved to attack her but she cast a spell and he fell, a hole large enough to put his own fist through in his side. Rec'rem fired the last of the automatic crossbow's clip into the powerful succubus but to no effect, he dropped the empty weapon, drew his war hammer, and leapt at the other 'cubi.
Juliana watched in horror as her veteran sergeant took a swing but never completed it. The badger formed a blade of light from her palm and swept it across his shoulders, detaching his head and cutting though the top half of his wings as well. "You bitch!" the mouse roared at the other succubus and charged, only to gasp and falter as a spear entered though her back. Then she felt nothing as badger released another spell. There was a growl to the succubus' right as Paladin levered himself off the ground. "Aww the puppy wants to play some more" The badger teased as Paladin's eyes burned with brown flames. "I'll tell you what... I'll give you one attack. Should you fail, though, you shall become my slave; I shall need a protector once I have consumed all these souls." She spread her arms to indicate the mob around her. "Even Queen Illura Ariellana TiPaollo will be powerless before me, and this city shall be mine!" Paladin gathered his remaining strength and charged, axe held high. The blue glyphs and runes glowed, then pulsed into blue flames that covered the whole blade. The ancient blade, older than even the cubi race, broke through the succubus' shields, and she had time only to gasp as it tore her in half. Pal felt heat, then there was a explosion as all the souls the badger had absorbed were released at once.

Jade watched in amazement as the figure that had just flown though a wall down the alleyway she was walking along stumbled to its feet, burnt all over with patches of fur missing and a chunk missing from its side. It staggered and fell to its knees. The young rabbit ran to the figure, wondering what to do. It seemed to be in pain. She reached out to touch him but stopped when he looked up; she saw in his eyes nothing but instinct and felt a strong tug...then nothing.

Paladin caught the young rabbit's body as his consciousness swam out of the depths of his mind. Realizing what he had done, Pal cradled her as tears ran from his eyes and down his healed body.

Paladin jerked awake from the nightmare. Most 'cubi lost the ability to dream after a while, but he hadn't, and this one still floated around in his mind.  There was a banging on the door to his room. "Enter," He croaked. As the door opened, he saw it was his second in command.
The bear looked unhappy as he reported, "Another batch of bodies, Capt. Sheppard. I put the town into lockdown, but this lot is outside down the east road. Greggor found 'em. He's still out there keeping eye on the site for you." Paladin moved about the room putting on clothing and strapping on his amour and weapons. "Alright I'll head out and speak to him, I think you can stand down now but keep the boys alert". Pal picked up the two handed axe from its rack by the door, pausing to wipe some grime off the edge. Outside, he walked over to the motorbike he used to get around. Using the kick start, the wolf incubus posing as a being revved it a few times before roaring out the east gate.

Comments welcome! Also the ending is a tie in to Gareeku's Furrae Chronicles which I strongly suggest you read.  :D
I'll have the second one titled Beginnings and Ends up in a bit.

*Edit here it is*
Beginnings and Ends

Light filtered through the window as Paladin gently removed the orange furred arm and unthreaded the bushy tail from his legs. Beginnings and ends he thought as he shock the owner of the arm but getting a half aimed swipe and a murmur in response, giving up he went around collecting and putting on his shirt, shorts and boots.

About to pick up a robe and hat, he stopped halfway and pulled the covers over the figure in the bed. Just about ready, the wolf incubus hurried out into the hall and down to the bathroom, showered and then dressed.

Half way down to the field he was heading to Pal was seized from behind by a batwing-tentacle and hoisted round to face the succubus that held him.

"You knew I wanted to go with you to your graduation Pal!" The squirrel-cubi's purple hair was messed and poking out from under a hastily jammed on jester's hat.

Stalling the succubus, Pal reached down and kissed her forehead. "I did try to wake you, but you told me not to." Arching an eyebrow, she looked at him quizzically.

"Oh?"  She replied.

Looking pensive, Pal said, "It was either 'Good luck,' or 'Gimmie covers.'" Pal smiled as she slugged him in the shoulder then hugged him tight.

"I'll miss you," she whispered before they continued down the path...

"Cadet Honor Guard...Dismissed!" Paladin shouted as the graduation ceremony for Xe'Pherion City's Western Point Military Academy finished. Meeting his parents in the crowd, Pal hugged them and joked with his now fellow officers in the TiPaollo Royal Guard.

A while after the party had finished, Pal's father took him to the family's vault in the basement of their home.
Opening the final lock and pulling the cloth wrapped bundle from its place, Johan handed it to Pal and bid him to open it. "You've made me proud, Pal. I hope this serves you as well as it did me during my active service."
Unwrapping the cloth gently, Paladin stared in shock at what lay in the middle. The axe bestowed to the Sheppard Clan before the Clan wars by the TiPaollo's for services rendered to the crown...The Edge of Cobalt...

With the reek of a thousand corpses, the blue dragon's breath roared past the armored figure. Finishing the belch the dragon turned and asked "Well?"

"Not bad..." The figure said, "try this," and then also belched, the sound of which echoed out of the cave and was heard by a group camped just outside.    
"I knew it was a bad idea to let him go in by himself" the vixen mage said. "Listen to that, Old Felfang sounds like he's eaten him already..."

"I wouldn't bet on that" the tan feline replied, "he's a hard fighter that one"

Half an hour later the group was debating weather to go in and search for the missing warrior or pack up and leave, just as they had about decided to go an enchanted sword thudded in to the ground at the mage's feet.

"Told you I'd get it" Paladin said smirking at the wide-eyed vixen and the grinning Edward Ti'Fiona...

The tavern in Harkhun was full of noise and cubi, some happy, some mourning and almost all sporting wounds from the battles they had seen that day.

"Gareeku Manoko" The warrior said as he held out his hand to Paladin "Thanks for helping us fight those bastards off."

"Not a problem. We'd have helped even if we weren't ordered here," the armored warrior replied as he took the hand in a bone crushing grip. "Your mother was one of my classmates at SAIA...."

The 2nd Company of the Royal Guard Commandos stayed for two weeks after the battles, helping to rearm and train the village before they left. Gareeku and Paladin were nearly inseparable....

Beginnings and Ends, Pal thought, beginning to refresh his friendship with the   gorgeous looking squirrel succubus in red on the other side of the table, and ending his last day of leave.

Watching her eat Pal remembered all the fun times they had had in SAIA, the muffins, the garden incident and the others. Then their friendship had turned into something more..."Ouch" Pal yelped as RJ kicked him under the table.

"I saw that Paladin Sheppard! You've got a dirty mind" She said with mock seriousness.
"As I recall, you didn't seem to mind at all Miss Joybringer." Pal grinned, finishing his meal. "Would you care to dance, M'lady?" he asked, standing, holding his hand out to hers....

Grinning, Paladin awoke. Some cubi lost the ability to dream, but he hadn't, and that one had been one of his best. Oh, what a night that had been. After dancing for nearly 4 hours straight, they had headed back to his house near the barracks and.....
"Woops, better get moving! Ivan will have me hide!" Equipping himself for the day to come, Paladin rushed out the door and down the street to the Bounty Hunters guild building in the center of town.

"Yer late Pal, I needed ye hand with these new recruits" The Guildmaster said to Pal as he entered Ivan's office. "It's that time of the season again, lad. We've got the influx of new bodies."

Thumbing through a bunch of files he handed one to Paladin with a bounty notice on top. "Take this one out with you on the bounty run; he shows some promise. He's the blue squirrel in the main hall."

James Starrunner, Pal read off the files tab. Walking out the door and into the main hall, Paladin slipped on his sunglasses and looked for the rookie.

Spotting him by some of the other new bounty hunter hopefuls, Pal was a little surprised. The file said he was a normal being, but the view through his enchanted glasses showed a faint outline of the wings of an angel.
Grinning, the wolf incubus that was posing as a being himself started over to the rookie.

And now for my latest (Oh and no in no way do I expect for this to ever be in the comic..I'd be nice but I doubt Amber  would do it)

Time Out

Ushering the last of his classes out the door Paladin let out a sigh, and not because he found taking over Karo's position of basic battle tactics difficult far from it. More it was the semester break for the academy. Checking his watch he saw he still had some time before his appointment with the headmistress.

After tidying his desk up Pal was still a little edgy, standing he went to one of the punching bags strung around the room.  Hitting it a few times as a warm up he started an attack routine, combining a few different kicks and punches he began to feel better and soon lost himself in enjoying the workout.

Focused on the bag he almost didn't block a punch that came from his right, Spinning he launched a kick but stopped quickly as he saw who had distracted him. Staring in shock at the white and pink poodle clad in a simple but elegant dress who regarded him with a smirk on her face Pal gulped. "Mistress Fa'lina I wasn't expecting you so soon" 

"Oh my last appointment finished a little early." The poodle said silkily "And I thought I'd test out my new battle tactics teacher." Pal blushed slightly it, had only been a couple of months since he'd taken over. "You wanted to see me about some leave hmm?" The poodle asked with a toothy grin.

Recomposing himself Paladin relaxed a little "I know I've only been here two months Mistress but since the academy is all but shut down for the next month, I was wondering if I could take RJ for a holiday somewhere" he asked sheepily.

"Oh and where were you planning on taking Miss Joybringer?" The succubus asked in a tone that said to Paladin that she knew exactly where. "A small place I saw advertised called Lost Lake Inn" Pal replied his ears and headwings drooping.

Enjoying the look on Paladin's face for a few seconds Fa'lina grinned "Don't worry Captain your squirrel has already pleaded your case, you can go." The poodle paused for a second. "But on one condition, you don't get in the way of Daniel Ti'fiona, I know you know his father but I don't want him disturbed!"

With a whoop Pal kissed a shocked poodle before dashing out the door, poking his head back in Pal thanked Fa'lina then ran happily to the rooms he and Raine shared. The poodle headmistress recomposed herself then grinned as she brought out the basket of muffins RJ had bribed her with. 

A short distance from Lost Lake there was a bright flash as Rex, Paladin's warp-aci teleported the wolf and squirrel cubi. Willing his head and back wings he turned to Raine and kissed her on the nose as she did the same. "So just what did you do to convince her RJ?" he said quizzically. "Oh nothing" She replied playfully, picking up their bags Pal bid Rex to return to SAIA.

Entering the Inn Paladin walked up to the blonde feline tending to the bar, putting the bags down he extended his hand. "Hi, we spoke on the phone about those rooms you have? I'm Paladin and this is Raine" he said as Alexsi took his hand. "Welcome to Lost Lake, would you like anything to drink before I show you to your room?" She asked handing Pal the room keys. "Thanks but no" Pal replied as he picked up the bags, taking RJ's hand they followed Alexsi to the room.

After she had left and they had begun to unpack Pal turned to RJ, "Just the two of us for the week Raine" Smiling he snuck up behind her and hugged her from behind. "Paladin!" she squealed laughing "Now remember what Fa'lina said you can't disrupt that young man."  Kissing her as she turned in his grip Pal smiled "Don't worry I'll behave, what's the worst that can happen?"

Also the stories are not in their chronological order B&E being before oPPaP
All characters copywrite their creators.

RJ

Hehe, I'll say what I said last night when I read it: 'Awww' ^_^

Paladin Sheppard

Suwako

Very nicely written :mowhappy

first I was confused but then I managed to force myself into not linking the separated pieces  :mowdizzy

Gareeku

Agreed with Aiyno, it is very nicely written. I especially like the part where a certain half-breed makes his appearence. Best part, in my opinion. :mowwink

Paladin Sheppard

Ah Sorry about I knew I should have posted a warning about that both storys are in the form of dreams with the last section devoted to Paladin's reaction to said dreams....

Hilary

I like it a lot, I found myself 'aww'-ing as well. ^^ Nice battle scene, too. If you want to distinguish the dream sequences, you could use italics....

Edits are on ze way, if you wish zem...?

Paladin Sheppard

Tapewolf

I can see a few little glitches, but I guess Hilary is taking care of that.  If she hasn't by the time I get home I'll post them too.

Since Paladin's now published part of his backstory, I'm wondering if there's any interest in some of my new writings about Jakob, in particular his entry to SAIA.
Frankly I haven't decided what to do with them, whether to publish them here or see if anyone wants to integrate them into their story (Furrae Chronicles etc).
If there is any call for them, I'll naturally post them in another thread rather than abusing Pal's thread still further.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hilary

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. That's a bleeping LOT. :mowdizzy But I changed all the stupid picky grammar things-- ignore those if ya want, they're not that important unless you want to get published or something... *stabs grammar through its cold black heart* But its only half as long as it looks because I posted the sections twice; one with edits and one without. There actually weren't that many non-grammer edits. Great story. ^^ 

Just in general throughout the story, you should add a comma after quotes if the sentence continues after the quote, like here:
'"Ah, the TiPaollo's pet attack dogs" the head winged, cloaked figure in the middle of the room sneered.'
Should be, "Ah, the TiPaollo's pet attack dogs," the head winged, cloaked figure in the middle of the room sneered.
But I'm not going to point out all of those in the story. ^^ On to the other schtuff...

'as the figure continued its monolog.' -- monologue
"Rodger that ma'am"-- "Roger that, ma'am,"
set himself to the battle to come.-- for the battle
No good ma'am we're gonna have to do it the hard way".-- No good, ma'am, we're gonna have to do it the hard way."
"Alright form up Paladin you have the lead we will need to get closer".-- "Alright, form up. Paladin, you have the lead; we will need to get closer".

Paladin broke out of the defensive stance he was in and into the attack, his ancient two handed battleaxe leading the way and his swords griped by his wing-tentacles slashing out at threats to his flanks.-- Paladin broke out of the defensive stance he was in and flew (? Any appropriate verb will work here, really) into the attack, his ancient two-handed battleaxe leading the way, and his swords, gripped by his wing-tentacles, slashing out at threats to his flanks.

a slit belly here chest cavity crushed there-- a slit belly here, chest cavity crushed there
But the press of the horde was too much it slowed them,-- But the press of the horde was too much; it slowed them.
Pal falling into a defensive stance again protecting his Captain-- Pal, falling into a defensive stance again, protecting his Captain,
The wave scattered all but the largest and most resistant of the mob and the group was on the attack again but with Juliana slightly ragged from the rushed casting.-- The wave scattered all but the largest and most resistant of the mob. The group was on the attack again, but with Juliana slightly ragged from the rushed casting.
An arrow clattered off Paladin's armor as somewhere an archer took shots at the group another found a gap in hs leg plates and Paladin paused to break the shaft but as he looked up the badger 'cubi had moved towards the three. --An arrow clattered off Paladin's armor as somewhere, an archer took shots at the group. Another found a gap in hs leg plates and Paladin paused to break the shaft, but as he looked up the badger 'cubi had moved towards the three.

he dropped the empty weapon and drew his war hammer and leapt at the other 'cubi.
Juliana watched in horror as her veteran sergeant took a swing but never completed it as the badger formed a blade of light from her palm and swept it across his shoulders detaching his head and cutting though the top half of his wings as well. -- he dropped the empty weapon, drew his war hammer, and leapt at the other 'cubi.
Juliana watched in horror as her veteran sergeant took a swing but never completed it. The badger formed a blade of light from her palm and swept it across his shoulders, detaching his head and cutting though the top half of his wings as well.
"You bitch!" the mouse roared at the other succubus and charged only to gasp and falter as a spear entered though her back and then she felt nothing as badger released another spell.-- "You bitch!" the mouse roared at the other succubus and charged, only to gasp and falter as a spear entered though her back. Then she felt nothing as badger released another spell.The badger teased as Paladin's eyes burned with brown flames. "I'll tell you what... I'll give you one attack. Should you fail, though, you shall become my slave; I shall need a protector once I have consumed all these souls."
"Even Queen Illura Ariellana TiPaollo will be powerless before me and this city shall be mine!" Paladin gathered his remaining strength and charged axe held high, the blue glyphs and runes glowing then pulsing into blue flames that covered the whole blade. The ancient blade older than even the cubi race broke through the succubus' shields and she had time only to gasp as it tore her in half, Pal felt heat then there was a explosion as all the souls the badger had absorbed released at once. -- "Even Queen Illura Ariellana TiPaollo will be powerless before me, and this city shall be mine!" Paladin gathered his remaining strength and charged, axe held high. The blue glyphs and runes glowed, then pulsed into blue flames that covered the whole blade. The ancient blade, older than even the cubi race, broke through the succubus' shields, and she had time only to gasp as it tore her in half. Pal felt heat, then there was a explosion as all the souls the badger had absorbed were released at once.

It staggered and fell to its knees, the young rabbit ran to the figure wondering what to do it seemed to be in pain. She reached out to touch him but stopped when he looked up, she saw in his eyes nothing but instinct and felt a strong tug then nothing.
Realizing what he had done Pal cradled her -- It staggered and fell to its knees. The young rabbit ran to the figure, wondering what to do. It seemed to be in pain. She reached out to touch him but stopped when he looked up; she saw in his eyes nothing but instinct and felt a strong tug... then nothing.
Realizing what he had done, Pal cradled her

Most 'cubi lost the ability to dream after a while but he hadn't and this one still floated around in his mind. -- Most 'cubi lost the ability to dream after a while, but he hadn't, and this one still floated around in his mind.

"Enter" He croaked, as the door opened he saw it was his second in command.
The bear looked unhappy as he reported. "Another batch of bodies Capt. Sheppard I put the town into lockdown but this lot is outside down the east road, Greggor found 'em he's still out there keeping eye on the site for you". -- "Enter," He croaked. As the door opened, he saw it was his second in command.
The bear looked unhappy as he reported, "Another batch of bodies, Capt. Sheppard. I put the town into lockdown, but this lot is outside down the east road. Greggor found 'em. He's still out there keeping eye on the site for you."

Pal picked up the two handed axe from it rack by the door pausing to wipe some grime of the edge. Outside he walked over to the motorbike he used to get around, using the kick start the wolf incubus posing as a being revved it a few times before roaring out the east gate. -- Pal picked up the two handed axe from its rack by the door, pausing to wipe some grime off the edge. Outside, he walked over to the motorbike he used to get around. Using the kick start, the wolf incubus posing as a being revved it a few times before roaring out the east gate.
Light filtered through the window as Paladin gently removed the orange furred arm and unthreaded the bushy tail from his legs. Ends and beginnings he thought as he shock the owner of the arm but getting a half aimed swipe and a murmur in response, giving up he went around collecting and putting on his shirt, shorts and boots. -- Ends and beginnings, he thought as he shook the owner of the arm, getting a half aimed swipe and a murmur in response. Giving up, he went around collecting and putting on his shirt, shorts and boots.
About to pick up a robe and hat he stopped half way and pulled the covers over the figure in the bed, then just about ready the wolf incubus hurried out into the hall and down to the bathroom, showered and then dressed. -- About to pick up a robe and hat, he stopped halfway and pulled the covers over the figure in the bed. Just about ready, the wolf incubus hurried out into the hall and down to the bathroom, showered and then dressed.
Stalling the succubus Pal reached down and kissed her forehead. "I did try to wake you but you told me not to" arching an eyebrow she looked at him quizzically
Looking pensive Pal said "It was ether good luck or Gimmie covers". -- Stalling the succubus, Pal reached down and kissed her forehead. "I did try to wake you, but you told me not to." Arching an eyebrow, she looked at him quizzically.
Looking pensive, Pal said, "It was either 'Good luck,' or 'Gimmie covers.'"

Meeting his parents in the crowd Pal hugged them and joked with his now fellow officers in the TiPaollo Royal Guard. -- Meeting his parents in the crowd, Pal hugged them and joked with his now fellow officers in the TiPaollo Royal Guard.

A while after the party had finished Pal's father took him to the family's vault in the basement of their home.
Opening the final lock and pulling the cloth wrapped bundle from its place Johan handed it to Pal and bid him to open it "You've made me proud Pal I hope this serves you as well as it did me during my active service".
Unwrapping the cloth gently Paladin stared in shock at what lay in the middle, the axe bestowed to the Sheppard Clan before the Clan wars by the TiPaollo's for services rendered to the crown...The Edge of Cobalt... -- A while after the party had finished, Pal's father took him to the family's vault in the basement of their home.
Opening the final lock and pulling the cloth wrapped bundle from its place, Johan handed it to Pal and bid him to open it. "You've made me proud, Pal. I hope this serves you as well as it did me during my active service."
Unwrapping the cloth gently, Paladin stared in shock at what lay in the middle. The axe bestowed to the Sheppard Clan before the Clan wars by the TiPaollo's for services rendered to the crown...The Edge of Cobalt...

With the reek of a thousand corpses the blue dragon's breath roared past the armored figure.
"Not bad..." The figure said "try this" and then also belched  -- With the reek of a thousand corpses, the blue dragon's breath roared past the armored figure.
"Not bad..." The figure said, "try this," and then also belched
The tavern in Harkhun was full of noise and cubi, some happy, some morning -- The tavern in Harkhun was full of noise and cubi, some happy, some mourning
"Not a problem we'd of helped even if we weren't ordered here" The Armored warrior replied as he took the hand in a bone crushing grip. -- "Not a problem. We'd have helped even if we weren't ordered here," the armored warrior replied as he took the hand in a bone crushing grip.

The 2nd Company of the Royal Guard Commando's stayed for two weeks after the battles helping to rearm and train the village before they left. -- The 2nd Company of the Royal Guard Commandos stayed for two weeks after the battles, helping to rearm and train the village before they left.

Beginnings and Ends Pal thought, beginning to -- Beginnings and Ends, Pal thought, beginning to

"I saw that Paladin Sheppard! -- "I saw that, Paladin Sheppard!

"As I recall you didn't seem to mind at all Miss Joybringer" Pal grinned finishing his meal. "Would you care to dance M'lady?" he asked standing holding his hand out to hers....
Grinning Paladin awoke. Some cubi lost the ability to dream but he hadn't and that one had been one of his best, oh what a night that had been after dancing for nearly 4 hours strait they had headed back to his house near the barracks and.....
"Woops better get moving Ivan will have me hide!" Equipping himself for the day to come Paladin rushed out the door and down the street to the Bounty Hunters guild building in the center of town. --"As I recall, you didn't seem to mind at all Miss Joybringer." Pal grinned, finishing his meal. "Would you care to dance, M'lady?" he asked, standing, holding his hand out to hers....
Grinning, Paladin awoke. Some cubi lost the ability to dream, but he hadn't, and that one had been one of his best. Oh, what a night that had been. After dancing for nearly 4 hours straight, they had headed back to his house near the barracks and.....
"Woops, better get moving! Ivan will have me hide!" Equipping himself for the day to come, Paladin rushed out the door and down the street to the Bounty Hunters guild building in the center of town.

"It's that time of the season again lad we've got the influx of new bodies". -- "It's that time of the season again, lad. We've got the influx of new bodies."
"Take this one out with you on the bounty run he shows some promise, he's the blue squirrel in the main hall"
James Starrunner Pal read off the files tab. Walking out the door and into the main hall Paladin slipped on his sunglasses and looked for the rookie.
Spotting him by some of the other new bounty hunter hopefuls Pal was a little surprised, the file said he was a normal being but the view through his enchanted glasses showed a faint outline of the wings of an angel.
Grinning the wolf incubus posing as a being himself started over to the rookie. -- "Take this one out with you on the bounty run; he shows some promise. He's the blue squirrel in the main hall."
James Starrunner, Pal read off the files tab. Walking out the door and into the main hall, Paladin slipped on his sunglasses and looked for the rookie.
Spotting him by some of the other new bounty hunter hopefuls, Pal was a little surprised. The file said he was a normal being, but the view through his enchanted glasses showed a faint outline of the wings of an angel.
Grinning, the wolf incubus that was posing as a being himself started over to the rookie.

Tapewolf

Well, Hilary, I believe you've caught all the things I was going to mention.  Good work.

Paladin Sheppard

Thanks guys I'll fix em when I get home from work!

Paladin Sheppard

Meh double post but its my topic :D All fixed thanks alot Hilary for the edits!

Hilary

Paladin Sheppard

Just made a small edit due to an email I recived  :mowhappy The first to spot it gets some sort of prize (I'll think of one I swear..)

Hilary

Heh... The only things I can think of are the little disclaimer bit at the bottom, and did 'Xe'Pherion' have an apostraphe before? It probably did and I'm just being wierd.  :mowcookie

Paladin Sheppard

Nope sorry Hilary no cookie for you  :mowtongue

Lysander

Yes, finally got around to reading. Very nice indeed. Seems Paladin has some interesting dreams flowing in his head, whether they be good or...not so good. They are definitely easier to understand what's going on than in my dreams. :januscat
TytajLucheek

Paladin Sheppard

James StarRunner

Ah, looks like you added stuff since I last seen it.

Seems accurate so far. I wouldn't say my character's history is set in stone, but there are a few things I'd still like to have that run during that timeframe since he goes out with quite a few bounty hunters, learning stuff from each one.

...I really should work on my story again.

Anyways, with the corrections in place it's looking pretty good. It's a little jumpy going between different memories, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of those in more detail.

Paladin Sheppard

I intend to expand on a few of them Gareeku's mostly but a few others would be a bit difficult (I think RJ would kill me O:))

James StarRunner

Ya, you can't anyways 'cuz I want to date RJ! Err... I mean... *hides*

:rj 

Paladin Sheppard

Tapewolf

I'm trying to figure out in my head when this stuff took place.  The battle with Gareeku would be less than five years ago I suppose?  Out of curiosity, how old is Paladin supposed to be?

RJ concerns me a little from a DMFA continuity point-of-view.  She appears to be a student in SAIA at the moment.  I don't know what her age is supposed to be either, as a 'cubi, but unless there is some kind of fieldwork for her course, the last time she was outside would probably have been before she knew she was a succubus.

Paladin Sheppard

I'll post a timeline for ya..
Oh and Paladin is 580 years old
- 150 years ago Pal graduates from SAIA (RJ still a student at this point).
- 130 years ago Pal graduates from XCWPMA and recives the Edge of cobalt.
- 70 years ago the events in Paladin's dream in oPPaP take place.
- 30 years ago Paladin meets Edward Ti'Foina *Jeez guys noone picked up on this no cookies for anyone*.
- 8 years ago Paladin with the help of the 2nd Platoon of the RG commando regiment save the home town of Gareeku from a rival clan / Paladin meets up with RJ again (now a teachers aid at SAIA) / Paladin meets JSR.
- Now; Paladin meets the group looking for his friend Gareeku.

That help clear things up?

Netami

Delicious. I'll add that to the timeline I had going for my fiction works set in Furrae. How does that timeline set up against the comic's timeline, if you dont mind me asking?

Paladin Sheppard

Gareeku's Furrae Chronicles take place roughly 1-2 before the comic. (Atleast thats what he tld me :P)

Netami

Thanks, I'll figure it out from here. Kudos on the story, by the way. I'm loving that people are testing the waters past PG.

Paladin Sheppard

Well I had the first one up on the old boards with a warning long ago... Thanks for reading Netami.

Tapewolf

Cheers Paladin, that's very helpful.  I've not spoken with RJ much.. is that canon that she's a teacher's aid, or your own interpretation?  I'd be interested to establish Gareeku's age as well.. to make sure you aren't meeting him before he's born, and stuff like that :)

Netami, if you're managing the timeline, post it somewhere and I'll give you details for Jakob and the Johan Cross affair if you want.