06/09/08 [DMFA #913] - No goons left

Started by Reese Tora, June 09, 2008, 03:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reese Tora

The laws of dramatic irony strike again. :<

Wow, it looks like they have one more hurdle to pass before tehy arrive at the big boss.  I hope dan is ready to fight, twisted ankle or not, when they get down to the final confrontation with DP.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Feather Dancer

I'm still betting Were, well hoping at least. I like her and Hannah a lot.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Omega

My, my, Is that one of those death knights? Coz' I want one.

kaskar

8) Amazing about how " famous last words ", always seem to turn up ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Psaakyrn

Well, people don't die instantly (unless it's head pulverization..), and there's a convenient undead at the scene... (what percentage od damage must the bitee be to count as lethal enough for it to take precidence over other damage?)

Still needs more sporks imo.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

kaskar

8) Just Hanging Around ...

Madmann135

33% says Dan steps in and saves the day.

When you start knocking down the henchmen the bigger boss baddies start making an appearance.  Ergo Never say "I think we are winning" or something like that, that's when you loose.
Celebrate victory after the final boss is defeated.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh.

Nice Death Knight, Amber. Spiffy.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

"You see a man. He has swords for arms, swords for legs, some swords grafted onto his back, and he is holding a sword which could depopulate India in a week. Roll initiative." I know that it is not a very good description of a Death Knight, but it was the firs thing that came to my mind when I saw the last panel of this strip.
..I hope this particular Death Knight isn't in a "cleavy" mood.. :paranoid

Sid

You have to admire how something this big and mechanical can sneak up on her. Dark Pegasus sure knows how to build a good Death Knight! (And yes, it's quite spiffy indeed!)

Also nice to see Hannah's priorities: "My cute and fluffy tail is missing! Oh, and my leg, but SERIOUSLY, MY TAIL!"

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 09, 2008, 04:49:08 AM
"You see a man. He has swords for arms, swords for legs, some swords grafted onto his back, and he is holding a sword which could depopulate India in a week. Roll initiative."

Oh, this brings back horrible memories... xD
:boogie

radarnocturn

Okay, I have two requests!

One, I wanna see a full pic of the deathknight with blade hand.

Two, I want my own army of mechadeathknights.  *flies off to his lab to build them*

Greyman

Quote from: Sid on June 09, 2008, 05:02:44 AMAlso nice to see Hannah's priorities: "My cute and fluffy tail is missing! Oh, and my leg, but SERIOUSLY, MY TAIL!"
Priorities shift like that when you become undead.  Missing limbs become a minor annoyance but cuteness is an irreplaceable loss.  Hannah was very attached to her cute fluffy tail.

Was.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Greyman on June 09, 2008, 08:42:12 AM
Quote from: Sid on June 09, 2008, 05:02:44 AMAlso nice to see Hannah's priorities: "My cute and fluffy tail is missing! Oh, and my leg, but SERIOUSLY, MY TAIL!"
Priorities shift like that when you become undead.  Missing limbs become a minor annoyance but cuteness is an irreplaceable loss.  Hannah was very attached to her cute fluffy tail.

Was.
Hannah's cute fluffy tail also was very attached to her. :(

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 09, 2008, 08:51:13 AM
Hannah's cute fluffy tail also was very attached to her. :(

Not nearly well enough, though...

Alondro

"You see a man. He has swords for arms, swords for legs, some swords grafted onto his back, and he is holding a sword which could depopulate India in a week. Roll initiative." I know that it is not a very good description of a Death Knight, but it was the firs thing that came to my mind when I saw the last panel of this strip.

You are such a geek!   Only a geek would come up with something like that!  xD  You must be a Weregeek (It's a comic too!). 

But don't worry, I'm one too.  We're everywhere, and our 'innocent' roleplay is actually strategic battle planning necessary for our true goals!  We must prepare, for the rise of our Empire is at hand!   :mwaha

*cough*  Oh yeah... the comic... uhm...  :paranoid   Well I guess Dan'll be whipping out the spork soon.   :3

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Madmann135

Death-Knights are nothing more than Super-Golems?

I wonder how a D-K would fare against an Electromagnet.
Nothing says "Buahahaaaaaa" like having your super soldiers stuck by simple physics.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Caswin

Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

AmigaDragon

First thought was that Anna found that big sword and strapped it on her back, then a couple seconds later I saw the rest of the Death Knight behind her. Was it just around the corner and see her pass or something, or did it notice the seismic disturbance and start investigating?

Dan, if you haven't already, you need to find that spork.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Caswin on June 09, 2008, 11:32:05 AM
I'm sure she's friendly.

Yeah, that Death Knight looks real friendly. ;-]

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on June 09, 2008, 09:25:46 AM

You are such a geek!   Only a geek would come up with something like that!  xD  You must be a Weregeek (It's a comic too!). 

But don't worry, I'm one too.  We're everywhere, and our 'innocent' roleplay is actually strategic battle planning necessary for our true goals!  We must prepare, for the rise of our Empire is at hand!   :mwaha
I was not the one who made that up. Though I definitely could have come up with something like that. :mwaha

Quote from: Caswin on June 09, 2008, 11:32:05 AM
I'm sure she's friendly.
Yeah, she sure is. But I cannot say the same about the Death Knight.

techmaster-glitch

:blink Oh...my gods. I liked these things the first time I saw them, and now I absolutely love them. Constructs of any kind make me very happy :mowhappy And you know what? I think I really am going to make them for real...

I'm going to write up stat sheets and use them in my still-running Eberron campaign! :mwaha

Lucheek

Hmm.
I think Mab's "I'm still suprised you hit the right team" line is funnier after the Alikya business.

And I bet this is when Anna shows her creature-powarrr!

Since everybody already took Were, I'm still down from Angel or Fae.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Lucheek on June 09, 2008, 12:19:19 PM
I think Mab's "I'm still suprised you hit the right team" line is funnier after the Alikya business.
Especially since no-one has anyone else pegged properly... except maybe Dan is sure the three Amazons are, in fact, Amazons. Everyone thinks Aliyka is another of DP's guards, Aliyka thinks Dan is, and I've no idea if any of them realise yet Dan is actually not a girl.

<eyes light up with "tilt" message>
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

AmigaDragon

I was thinking that myself, that there's no indication that any of them have realized Dan's actual gender. From their conversation, Dan must know Aliyka isn't a guard, but the others don't have that info yet."Dan, stop being too busy to tell your new friends about her!"

Anna's not a Fae, she isn't showing even tiny wings or antennae, and wearing so few accessories that they're not likely magically hidden. Though I guess that doesn't necessarily counter the possibility. I see nothing in Demo101 to indicate whether angels (or demons) can shapeshift like cubi can, though magic can counter that possible lack of innate ability.

I'm still sticking with Anna=being.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Naldru

Well, I think that Dan knows that Aliyka isn't one of DP's guards.  Of course, Shannah and Aliyka could decide to simultaneously head-clunk the death knight.  In thier present mood, that might be effective.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ry

Quote from: AmigaDragon on June 09, 2008, 01:52:49 PM
Anna's not a Fae, she isn't showing even tiny wings or antennae, and wearing so few accessories that they're not likely magically hidden. Though I guess that doesn't necessarily counter the possibility. I see nothing in Demo101 to indicate whether angels (or demons) can shapeshift like cubi can, though magic can counter that possible lack of innate ability.

Fae can shift themselves.  It's actually a curiosity that Azlan uses a patch instead of his magic.
From his cast page: Though it is unknown why he doesn't simply use his fae powers to change his looks but instead uses a patch.   Rose gets rid of all those things, and she's a relatively young fae.

Ralanost

As attractive as Anna is in that last panel, I still like hannah in all her undead glory.  But seriously, Anna almost has that dress painted on.  :U

Slowtini

Ragesquid

I want a Death Knight plushie. :3

And I'm pretty sure Aliyka knows Dan's gender. I mean..unless she was stating something else(since there was no comma), she did say "mister". >.>

Makes you wonder what was going through Dan's mind that he couldn't have just simply said "I am not a guard."

Wanderer

"You see a man. He has swords for arms, swords for legs, some swords grafted onto his back, and he is holding a sword which could depopulate India in a week. Roll initiative."
So where does that come from?