03/16/07 [Abel 2 #10] - Should've Punched Harder

Started by Lucheek, March 16, 2008, 10:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucheek

Niice...

Aisha deCabre

Hm, at this point I wouldn't want to listen to exposition either.  There's no apology in there, just "I screwed up."

Punch him again.  :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sid

He still has teeth. She must've barely touched him. ;)
:boogie

Lucheek

I think he says "Not serious, but enough to bring home the point..."

I wonder what point?

Ren Gaulen

Aniz is so going down... Never try to explain what you wanted to do after you messed up horribly. It will only enrage people more. On the side note, I'm starting to miss Abel.

computer nerd

Dard

Quote from: computer nerd on March 16, 2008, 10:41:14 AM
I wonder what Abel doing right now  :3
I don't. Because in order to find out we would have to miss a lot of further pain for Abel. And like the Warp-Aci I wouldn't want to miss this!

And while I agree with Fa'Lina that she should have punched harder, I would have actually liked to hear Aniz' excuses. Not that they would matter in the end, but I would really be interested in hearing what stupid excuses he would come up with.

Aleolus

Hey, exposition is not a bad thing!  Without it, a lot of the best stories of all time would make absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Tarynsgate

Something tells me Fa'Lina probably has more butt-whoop in store for Aniz...

I wonder if Aniz's clan 'almost extinct' status has got anything to do with his past actions.
Et Manu Et Corde - With hand and with heart

Pagan

Fa'Lina looks wonderful in that last panel.

Yeah, he's talking too much and much too clearly, punch him till he slurs everything.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Abel

Quote from: Aleolus on March 16, 2008, 11:35:01 AM
Hey, exposition is not a bad thing!  Without it, a lot of the best stories of all time would make absolutely no sense whatsoever!
I second that.

Madmann135

I second Fa'Lina's little realisation that she should have punched harder, in fact she should have atleast broken his jaw (or skull).

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Wanderer

QuoteShould've Punched Harder
This can still be remedied, Fa'Lina. Feel free to snap his lower jaw off and ram it down his throat. Really, I don't think anyone will mind that much.

thegayhare

Quote from: Madmann135 on March 16, 2008, 01:04:47 PM
I second Fa'Lina's little realisation that she should have punched harder, in fact she should have atleast broken his jaw (or skull).

we don't know that she didn't.  he is a cubi and they can heal from just about anything

Alondro

*Charline hates the exposition stuff!*  That's why I just kill people and get it over with once and for all!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

KarlOmega1

"Geez, Aniz! Fa'lina doesn't need your whole life story, ya know?"

That would be my best response to such a moment.  :P
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Aurawyn

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 16, 2008, 10:33:44 AM
Hm, at this point I wouldn't want to listen to exposition either.  There's no apology in there, just "I screwed up."

Punch him again.  :P

True.. But I kinda wanted to hear what he aactually had planned.. Haha.

Sunblink

Yes. Fa'Lina most definitely should have punched Aniz harder.

Somehow, I get the feeling any half-assed remorse Aniz struggles to express will be full of it. After all, he did rather ruthlessly throw severed body parts at May, slapped her around, called her a "stupid brainless thing," referred to her as "useless" when manipulating his own son... blah blah blah. I can't read all of the text which is behind Fa'Lina in the last panel, but it mostly looks to be a bunch of ridiculous attempts to justify his selfish and vicious actions. When he says he pretty much "didn't intend for this," I think he's sort of belittling his situation. Even if Hennya hadn't been killed, his plan was already a despicable scheme. I'm not technically sure if Fa'Lina would have blown up at him for simply deceiving May and Abel and leaving without brutalizing anyone, but he's basically digging his own grave at this point.

Honestly, it's getting really hard for me to keep liking Aniz... though I think I should start kowtowing at a Fa'Lina shrine now.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Jack McSlay

I agree. I question what kind of plan is to atack his son and pretending wife.

Plus, there's no excuse to a killer impulse. for a cubi, immobilizing someone with the tentacles, should be just as easy as killing

right now the only possible conclusion I have is that he expected Abel to be evil
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Ted Schiller

Aniz.  Puppets.  The story will be much better with puppets.

With regards,
Ted

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Ted Schiller on March 16, 2008, 03:12:51 PM

Puppets won't save Aniz. We all know that he will end up failing miserably again. And then Fa'Lina will be even angrier than before, which will lead to Aniz meeting his dismemberment. While it would definitely be a fitting end for him, he has not outlived his usefulness yet.

Pagan

Oh? What do you think he's got left to do Ren?
Personally, I think puppets might help him at this point. What was that old phrase? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

But in my opinion, he needs another two or three beatings.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Pagan on March 16, 2008, 03:57:48 PM
Oh? What do you think he's got left to do Ren?
Personally, I think puppets might help him at this point. What was that old phrase? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

But in my opinion, he needs another two or three beatings.

Quoting Marilyn Manson's song "Thing Maker": "Imitation's not a flattery". Fa'Lina won't be happy with him trying to imitate her in this situation. In fact, nothing can improve the situation for Aniz at this point. He is totally screwed.

But I agree that Fa'Lina needs at least to punch him again to make him shut up. However, I don't think that the real punishment has begun yet.

demecowen

Quote from: Ted Schiller on March 16, 2008, 03:12:51 PM

With Aniz planning ability we seen so far, how he took Abel away, the best I can see him do is take off his shoes, grab a marker and use his socks to make sock puppets for his exposition.

Speaking of exposition Aniz should not be trying to tell Fa'Lina what he would have done differently or his great plan that he did not use. That like telling your boss you did not mean to screw up after fact. Unless he can time travel or Fa'Lina can so he can undo his mistakes. Cubi can't time travel right?

Sid

Quote from: demecowen on March 16, 2008, 05:05:38 PM
Cubi can't time travel right?

Well, Fa'Lina is fairly powerful... ;)
And there's this bit about the new/old friend... but I think that one's just because the Fae aren't exactly playing by the rules in some way. Not sure, I didn't keep close track of the Amber Exposition during that arc.
:boogie

Angel

Odd. Up until this moment, I had wanted Aniz to tell us why he was such a bleep to his son and his son's mother. But now... the desire is gone. Go figure.

And through all this discussion, something has occurred to me; did Fa'Lina know or plan Aniz's murder of Cid and fathering of Abel?

If yes, then she's pissed because he screwed it up so massively. But shouldn't someone as experienced and powerful as Fa'Lina known not to leave a task like this up to someone so clearly hot-headed and impulsive as Aniz?

If no, then she's pissed for a much better reason: Aniz not only screwed everything over royally for the entire Cubi race, he screwed it over under her nose. He appears to be at least somewhat close to her, otherwise she may not have been quite as irate as she was about his cruelty towards May and Abel. Having a friend or associate betray you so massively - and show themselves to be complete sadistic jerks - would set off anybody, especially with all the politics involved here.

And now, my curiosity about Aniz's motives is piqued yet again. (re-reads text) Hmmm. "...bring the point home that I wasn't h..." Wasn't what? Him (Cid)? Here to help? I can't think of anything else...
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Dard

I still think her reason is much simpler: She is headmistress of a school. She cares for her pupils. If a parent abuses a pupil, that parent is in for a whole lot of pain.

Even if she is somewhat connected to Aniz, even if she knew about his impersonation in order to father a child with a being, that doesn't change the fact that Aniz abused Abel with little to no reason.

PS: I'm glad that Fa'Lina included May in her accusation. Being or not, she was Abel's mother.
PPS: If Aniz had half a brain, he wouldn't come up with excuses for what he did, but a suggestion what he should do to fix this mess as far as is possible. But I have the feeling that apologizing to May and actually do something for Abel's mental health is pretty much the last thing that springs to his mind.

Caswin

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 16, 2008, 10:37:04 AM
Never try to explain what you wanted to do after you messed up horribly. It will only enrage people more.
Are you kidding, I do that all the ti...

Oh, that explains so much of my life.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

jo-shadow

Quote from: thegayhare on March 16, 2008, 01:18:32 PM
we don't know that she didn't.  he is a cubi and they can heal from just about anything

Which gives her even less of an excuse not to punch the daylights out of him  >:3

demecowen

Quote from: Black_angel on March 16, 2008, 07:39:23 PM
Odd. Up until this moment, I had wanted Aniz to tell us why he was such a bleep to his son and his son's mother. But now... the desire is gone. Go figure.

Well if Aniz is going to is try BS way out of this with half-ass excuse or talk about his plan he didn't use then I am glad that Fa'Lina tune him out that we did not have to hear it or read it.

Quote from: Black_angel on March 16, 2008, 07:39:23 PM
And through all this discussion, something has occurred to me; did Fa'Lina know or plan Aniz's murder of Cid and fathering of Abel?

If yes, then she's pissed because he screwed it up so massively. But shouldn't someone as experienced and powerful as Fa'Lina known not to leave a task like this up to someone so clearly hot-headed and impulsive as Aniz?

Just because Fa'Lina is experienced and powerful that doesn't mean she is all-knowing. We don't know who Fa'Lina has working for her so Aniz could be the creature for "Job". 

Now that you mention it Aniz been pretending as Cid for how many years 15, 18, 20? That something a impulsive persons could never do. Yet when Abel cubi power manifasted Aniz just threw the charade out and grab Abel as quickly as he could after he left carnage in his wake. It just odd that Aniz had solid advantage, pretending as Cid, and just discard it. Now I almost want to hear his excuse.