02/03/08 [Abel 2 #5] - Paperwork

Started by Goatmon, February 03, 2008, 12:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goatmon

Hmm, it seems not everyone is happy with Aniz.   it's somewhat of a relief to see that his style isn't exactly the ideal method most Cubi take when bringing their kids to SAIA.  One other thing; I have no idea who that Warp ACI is, but the litlte cap-like head shape is simply adorable : D

Also, my first comic thread, apparently.  Woo?

AndersW

Back to Aniz and him filling out paperwork.

Hellcat

is that Fi? The colouring and clan marking is similar to his before the Pip incident

meany

Quote from: Goatmon on February 03, 2008, 12:05:50 AM
Hmm, it seems not everyone is happy with Aniz.   it's somewhat of a relief to see that his style isn't exactly the ideal method most Cubi take when bringing their kids to SAIA.

Also, my first comic thread, apparently.  Woo?

Woo indeed.

I'm somewhat put out that we didn't figure out who's knocking yet, but am happy to see Aniz going through the torment that is paperwork.

Pagan

Ya know, when i saw that the site was updated with Abel's story, I was expecting something hard and serious. Something either shocking or depressing. What do I see and read? Comedy. It took me a full minute to get the joke because I wasn't looking for one.

Who ever that warp-aci is, I love him. He has such a mouth.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Goatmon

Quote from: Pagan on February 03, 2008, 12:25:26 AMWho ever that warp-aci is, I love him. He has such a mouth.

Don't they all?   :)

techmaster-glitch

And Amber makes us wait a whole 'nuther week before we find out who's at Abel's door?
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! 'A' 'A' 'A' 'A' 'A'

On this comic; Aniz is full of phail >:3

kaskar

8) So, is this " The torture of Aniz ", as he agonises over the forms ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

rabid_fox

It's like Leonard Cohen should've sung this strip.

Oh dear.

WhiteFox

Aniz seems to lack the two most essential traits of manipulation: Patience, and meticulousness.

Plus, I bet Fa'Lina came up with section 64 through 90 just for Aniz. And I bet she's got another 50 sections lined up for him to fill out later too.

...Hey, I just noticed that Warp-Aci can't belong Aniz. It doesn't have his clan mark.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Feather Dancer

There's little more painful than paperwork, he totally deserves it. That and another room full...
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Goatmon

Quote from: WhiteFox on February 03, 2008, 03:16:53 AM
Aniz seems to lack the two most essential traits of manipulation: Patience, and meticulousness.

Plus, I bet Fa'Lina came up with section 64 through 90 just for Aniz. And I bet she's got another 50 sections lined up for him to fill out later too.

...Hey, I just noticed that Warp-Aci can't belong to Aniz. It doesn't have his clan mark.

It's pretty clear that Aniz is at the Academy in the current page, so it's nothing unusual to see other Warp ACIs coming and going. 

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think we've actually seen any Warp ACIs that actually belonged to anyone outside of SAIA (besides Fi, of course.)

Omega

What I'd like to know is what was/is Aniz's motivation to make a kid in the first place. He clearly doesn't seem to bee too enthusiastic about this.

and when are we going to see Destania in this story line?  :eager

kaskar

Quote from: Goatmon on February 03, 2008, 04:04:33 AM

...Hey, I just noticed that Warp-Aci can't belong to Aniz. It doesn't have his clan mark.

It's pretty clear that Aniz is at the Academy in the current page, so it's nothing unusual to see other Warp ACIs coming and going.   

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think we've actually seen any Warp ACIs that actually belonged to anyone outside of SAIA (besides Fi, of course.)

8) Remember, Fi used to be Fa'lina's warp - aci, untill replaced by Fa, after she lost connection with Fi, as Fi went hiding from Pip, inside one of Dan's swords ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

zopey

Quote from: Omega on February 03, 2008, 04:12:06 AM
What I'd like to know is what was/is Aniz's motivation to make a kid in the first place. He clearly doesn't seem to bee too enthusiastic about this.

well whatever he was supposed to do he obviously did it wrong. maybe he was supposed to slowly bring about telling there kids. maybe have a one to one talk about the strange changes they've been going through. bit like going through puberty. killing close family friends, tormenting there mum and possible causing the child possible permant physiological damage by doing all these things on the day they saw two newfound friends die in particular nasty ways and find out there cubi powers in possibly one of the worst ways possible and to top off this traumatic experience he then whisks off the child to god knows where and locks him in a dark room with a bleeding headwound and absolutely no idea whats going on

yeah... could have been handled better

Tapewolf

Quote from: ??? (Hellcat) on February 03, 2008, 12:10:46 AM
is that Fi? The colouring and clan marking is similar to his before the Pip incident
That's Fa'Lina's clan mark, so it is presumably (one of) her warp-aci.
And if the warp-aci isn't pleased about Aniz, it probably means Fa'Lina is pretty mad at him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

rabid_fox

Quote from: zopey on February 03, 2008, 05:01:03 AM
Quote from: Omega on February 03, 2008, 04:12:06 AM

well whatever he was supposed to do he obviously did it wrong. maybe he was supposed to slowly bring about telling there kids. maybe have a one to one talk about the strange changes they've been going through. bit like going through puberty. killing close family friends, tormenting there mum and possible causing the child possible permant physiological damage by doing all these things on the day they saw two newfound friends die in particular nasty ways and find out there cubi powers in possibly one of the worst ways possible and to top off this traumatic experience he then whisks off the child to god knows where and locks him in a dark room with a bleeding headwound and absolutely no idea whats going on

yeah... could have been handled better

I don't remember you being at my 14th birthday party.

Oh dear.

Starcat5

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 03, 2008, 05:41:20 AM
And if the warp-aci isn't pleased about Aniz, it probably means Fa'Lina is pretty mad at him.

Odd... Having compared that marking with previous depictions of Fa'Lina's marking...

One second, let me check one more time...

Drat. Changed my mind. It ~IS~ Fa'Lina's mark, but I suspect that ether Amber is tweeking said mark and hoped no one would notice, or she botched the job. The bottom half of the mark has gone from a cup shape to a slightly crooked lightning bolt. ...personally, I preferred the cup.  :mowdizzy
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Goatmon

Quote from: kaskar on February 03, 2008, 04:14:03 AM

Quote from: Goatmon on February 03, 2008, 04:04:33 AM

8) Remember, Fi used to be Fa'lina's warp - aci, untill replaced by Fa, after she lost connection with Fi, as Fi went hiding from Pip, inside one of Dan's swords ...

I don't mean to be rude, but I already know this.  But thanks anyway.  :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: starcat5 on February 03, 2008, 06:01:41 AM
Drat. Changed my mind. It ~IS~ Fa'Lina's mark, but I suspect that ether Amber is tweeking said mark and hoped no one would notice, or she botched the job.

Artistic drift, most likely.  The Cyra clan mark went through about three revisions - what I ended up drawing for the wiki was basically an 'average' of the designs.

Goatmon

Quote from: zopey on February 03, 2008, 05:01:03 AMyeah... could have been handled better

I cute the quote short because I have my own lengthy response and I'd rather not have my post end up any bigger than   need be.  Anyway....

Aniz made it very clear that whatever "Love" Aniz has for his son is extremely distorted, and is probably the result of his own upbringing which was probably even worse when you think about it. 

Now that isn't to say that he doesn't care about Abel;  From what we've seen, he doesn't seem the type to get attached to anyone very easily, considering how rough he's treated his son after raising him for over twenty years. 

See, the way he treated May and the way he reacted to when he killed Henya (obviously not something he wanted to do) suggests that he does have a sense of compassion and respect for others, but it's limited based on what was (once again) probably a very brutal upbringing designed to make him the way he is now; a ruthless killer who has a very strong dislike of beings (at least if his violent behavior against May is any indication.)  As harsh as it is, this kind of mentality is necessary for predatorial creatures, in order for them to really thrive in any kind of civilized society. 

I don't want to think that he's pure evil, because he's obviously not; He's made it clear that he cares about his son in his own way.  Problem is, that sort of mentality usually doesn't breed people who are good at delicate jobs, such as making sure not to completely traumatize your kid in the process of sending him off to school.  I mean, the guy had all of Abel's lifetime to come up with a good story and a means of convincing the kid to come along willingly, and the best he can come up with is forcing Abel to attend the school, using his mother as a hostage?  Meh. 

I'm probably thinking way too much into this, since I've had firsthand experience with someone who sucked at raising kids as a result of his own upbringing.   But that's a story I don't plan to share on this forum at this  time.   :)

Wanderer

I suppose that may be Fa'Lina's clan mark... but if so, it's the most detailed view we've gotten of it and it doesn't quite look right.

Oh well. I'll just blame it on changes in art style over the years.

Aniz, listen to the warp aci. They may be sarcastic little flying patches of charcoal, but they generally do have pretty good points hidden under the attitude.

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Goatmon on February 03, 2008, 09:15:51 AM
But that's a story I don't plan to share on this forum at this  time.   :)

.. for which we thank you. ;-] Your post was long enough already, despite being fascinating. *grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Angel

First off, that is one shiny-good well-drawn Warp-Aci. It's been so long since something genuinely cute popped up in this comic...

Second of all, I too am happy to see that Aniz is getting his now and not everyone has an experience like Abel's. Nice analysis, Goatmon, but I can't help wondering if Aniz is one of the 'adventurer-slaying' Cubi that Ink mentioned to Dan. There's probably way more to it than that, but I get the feeling that was the trigger to this whole mess.

And on a side note, I bet I'm not the first one to notice, but 'Aniz' is 'Zina' spelled backwards. Significant, or coincidence?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Shadowcatcher

Wow, that warp aci is really tearing Aniz a new one.  Is that Fi, or a different one?

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 03, 2008, 05:41:20 AM

Safe to assume, as she has to clean up this mess.

Quote from: Wanderer on February 03, 2008, 09:39:32 AM
Aniz, listen to the warp aci. They may be sarcastic little flying patches of charcoal, but they generally do have pretty good points hidden under the attitude.

Too much sarcasm and Aniz may introduce the warp aci to the nearest wet bar.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Shadowcatcher, might I introduce you to the "modify" button on the top right of your posts.

Just a subtle hint. ;-]

rt

:< Darn even in DMFA-land .. you can't get away from the paper work  :<
You'd think they'd at least have some semi-magical solution

llearch n'n'daCorna

Zedd