10/03/07 [DMFA #827] - When just being yourself isn't enough...

Started by Tezkat, October 03, 2007, 01:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Aw... poor Jy. :kittydepressed
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Qwisty

Zedd

Kuari

Heh, probably for the better on Jy's part...  I mean, dear god, who would want Kria as a mother-in-law?

Though Jy DOES have his mom...  Kria wouldn't dare touch him, lol

King Of Hearts

aww... there goes my hopes for Jy x Lorenda. *sigh*

And with Jy x Dan crossed out before, its Jy x Abel on the table now...

...unless Abel shoots him down as well.

Manawolf

You make yourself who you are, through aspirations, dreams, goals.  You must simply have proper and unpetty reasons for making you who you are.

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Kuari on October 03, 2007, 02:26:55 AM
Heh, probably for the better on Jy's part...  I mean, dear god, who would want Kria as a mother-in-law?

Though Jy DOES have his mom...  Kria wouldn't dare touch him, lol

Having Kria as a mother-in-law might be the only hope he has of her keeping her hands off him, if you know what I mean.   :mowwink

superluser

I know what Lorenda's saying about being awkward.  Most forum-goers that I've seen don't seem to care what age someone is, as long as it's legal, which is really creepy.

On the other hand, I think Sophia Loren is still hot, so I guess I don't have any right to judge.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Reaver225

Quote from: superluser on October 03, 2007, 02:53:23 AM
I know what Lorenda's saying about being awkward.  Most forum-goers that I've seen don't seem to care what age someone is, as long as it's legal, which is really creepy.

ANY age? I'll raise an eyebrow at that, for example most really old folk are less thought about in that sense. :erk

Kuari

Quote from: Reaver225 on October 03, 2007, 03:19:15 AM
Quote from: superluser on October 03, 2007, 02:53:23 AM

ANY age? I'll raise an eyebrow at that, for example most really old folk are less thought about in that sense. :erk

It's actually kind of odd how that whole thought process works...  some people like older people, some like younger, some prefer their own age...  it differs from person to person.  I don't find it TOO odd though...  I mean, if you think in medieval ages and arranged marriages and stuff like that, the age gaps could get pretty large.

Granted, this idea is far out of date, but it's just an example. :januscat

Goatmon

Ahh, I don't blame Lorenda; Jyrras has the cute-factor, but not much in the way of mature-appeal (physically, anyway).  Despite being a monster, she's surprisingly mature, probably one of the most grown-up members of the cast.  Still, I feel for Jy-Jy.  Dan, and now Lorenda.  Fella can't catch a break. 

However, I can imagine the two of them humoring each other one day, where Jy uses a patch to look like a more normal-sized person, and the two of them go and enjoy a date together.  It wouldn't go anywhere, but they could have a good time.  Not that something like that could ever happen without something horrible happening along the way. 

Zedd

Lets all take our time and hope for the best for the shortman..He really has what it is to be a gentlemen but not the body.

Goatmon

Quote from: Zedd on October 03, 2007, 04:00:55 AM
Lets all take our time and hope for the best for the shortman..He really has what it is to be a gentlemen but not the body.

That and the confidence. 

Timothy

Poor Jy ... certainly some possibly male ego crushing words there.
But hey wasn't his supposed "relationship" with Lorenda forced on him anyway
during the "having a baby" mini-arc ?
And as everyone said he had a crush on Abel so just friends with Lorenda is
kinda back to "normal" mode.

PS: A spot on tangent ... nice one.
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Dard

Uh oh!
I just remembered that there is a fae sitting there listening in!
She could find it funny to do something about the problem!
I hope she doesn't, it would be very very bad!
Well, as fae go, the human-fae seems to be on the serious side, but who knows...

Magic

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Kuari

Somehow I doubt things will go well with Abel either.  For one, who knows if Abel is even the type.  Who knows though.  He seemed to have had taken some kind of interest to him, but maybe he's just being helpful since Jy is very much the vulnerable type personality wise.

Madmann135

*sends an add out on a dating sight for Jyrras*
Wow, a dragoness likes him... *pretends to be Jyrras and goes out on a date with a dragoness*

Jyrras is a nice guy but he's been having some rough time lately, I bet he feels that his life is a Emo Vortex for himself and his friends.  Being someone else would help him out because he would get to play someone else for a time (much to Abel's dismay).

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Alondro

*Charline takes Jy, dresses him in a school-girl outfit and chains him up in a dungeon with a tentacle monster*  There we go.  Every fanboi's dream come true.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on October 03, 2007, 11:13:29 AM
*Charline takes Jy, dresses him in a school-girl outfit and chains him up in a dungeon with a tentacle monster*

Isn't Charline technically a kind of tentacle-monster?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aleolus

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2007, 11:17:48 AM
Quote from: Alondro on October 03, 2007, 11:13:29 AM
*Charline takes Jy, dresses him in a school-girl outfit and chains him up in a dungeon with a tentacle monster*

Isn't Charline technically a kind of tentacle-monster?

So then Jy's locked up with Charline?   :erk  He won't last long!

Fuyudenki

I have a prediction to make.

I think I'll write it down and hide it, so that I can go back and check later.

Regal

Quote from: Dard on October 03, 2007, 05:42:18 AM
Uh oh!

Like shrinking Lorenda down to Jyrras size.  :mowhappy

Nino

At least she's being honest with him and not just using some excuse as to why she doesn't want to date him. It's not always easy to be brutally honest with someone if it's going to hurt them and there's nothing they can do about it (though in this case I guess he can, but not really in a way that is something that should be done). I personally would never tell a guy I didn't want to date him because he was unattractive, but in some cases that has been the reason (or at least principle reason). But then again those guys usually haven't been good friends either.

In this case though, Lorenda just doesn't seem much of a match anyway. She's a lot more mature than he is for one thing. And plus Jyrras has some growing up to do, especially lately when he's made some rude comments to people he doesn't even know or who don't deserve them.

Dard

Quote from: Regal on October 03, 2007, 12:45:04 PM
Uh oh!
Exactly! That's what I meant!  :mwaha

Caswin

Am I the only one who doesn't think patching his appearance - not changing who he really is in the process - doesn't sound like a bad idea?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

AndersW

Quote from: Dard on October 03, 2007, 01:21:31 PM
Quote from: Regal on October 03, 2007, 12:45:04 PM
Uh oh!
Exactly! That's what I meant!  :mwaha

Or making Jyrras normal sized.

terrycloth

I think he should just go out with Kria and get it over with.

...his inevitable devouring, I mean. :mowcookie

Alondro

Quote from: terrycloth on October 03, 2007, 01:35:31 PM
I think he should just go out with Kria and get it over with.

...his inevitable devouring, I mean. :mowcookie

*Charline grrs!*  Kria can't have him!  He's MY roo-rat snack! 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Amber Williams