9-14-07 #819 Only 86% chance?

Started by Kajet, September 14, 2007, 03:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kajet

Hmm... wonder who that will turn out to be?

Zedd

Guess that excels the feeling of watched factor!

Manawolf

Josh&Lina: "DON'T INTERRUPT."

::Newcomer recieves the combined beatdown of a cubi archangel swordmaster and shadow android assassin::

TheDXM

Those big ears are worth something after all!

Alondro

*Charline nods at the calculation*  Cuz there is a 14% chance I'll be full after eating Janus.   >:3 

I do have a suspicion of who it may be, but as I have no evidence, it's not really worth mentioning.  It is a Fae I have in mind though.

I was also just thinking... we haven't really seen anything of the Angel race other than the fact that they're around somewhere.  I wonder if they'll pop in somehow as like the main manipulators of everything... kinda like SEELE.   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

WhiteFire

Well, I'll be. He finally had that conversation with her. I thought we would have a scene change or the sky would have fallen or SOMETHING. :)

Goatmon

Quote from: WhiteFire on September 14, 2007, 04:16:44 AMI thought we would have a scene change or the sky would have fallen or SOMETHING. :)

Don't be so certain; The arc ain't over yet.   >:3

superluser

I'm curious about the background in the last panel.  It calls to mind a lot of the backgrounds that you would see in Krazy Kat.  Which is a good thing.

(also, the border around the unseen character's speech bubble is different.  Which means that it's probably a character we haven't seen before.)

QuoteRight Hand Man: What's that moron?  The one that used to work in your section.  The one who wore the brown shirt all the time.
Fletcher Munson: Oh, Nameless Numberheadman?
Right Hand Man: Yeah. Send him in.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Psaakyrn

Or a character we've seen before but never spoken..

a) I'm guessing that the scene change and the new person is related.
b) Similarly, that the Jyrras knows this other person.
c) The new background looks of factories, not exactly Fae-related stuff.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

superluser

Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 14, 2007, 04:59:03 AMc) The new background looks of factories, not exactly Fae-related stuff.

As I said before, Krazy Kat, who lived in some sort of badlands (ex).  Or Spaceman Spiff  (ex) or Wile E. Coyote .(ex)  None of them were particularly urban landscapes.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on September 14, 2007, 05:44:39 AM
As I said before, Krazy Kat, who lived in some sort of badlands.  Or Spaceman Spiff or Wile E. Coyote.  None of them were particularly urban landscapes.

I dunno... I remember Krazy Kat living in some sort of Arizona-like mesa.  As you say, like Wile E Coyote.  What I'm seeing here is too angular.  It's got to be an artificial structure, surely.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

TheDXM

From the looks of it, Jyrras is either no longer on the floating platform, or the status of the platform itself has changed. The ground he's sitting on distinctly moved from a green field of grass to what looks like red dirt. It's probably also worth noting that the sky changed rather dramatically.

What I wanna know is if Lorenda is still with him. If she isn't, someone may have a bone to pick with Jyrras at the moment. After all, one day he's supposed to be getting very familiar with 'dispair, misery, and regret' some time soon isn't he? By fae standards anyway.

Madmann135

*Imagines Jyrras + Lorenda, Jyrras + Able and Jyrras + Dan love scenes*  MY EYES... MY CRANIAL EYES BLEED!!!  MY MIND SHIELD, IT DOES NOTHING!!! ...

The question that comes up is this, If Jyrras was able to deduce that someone was going to try and surprise him, will Jyrras be surprised or will he just act surprised?

Random throwing out accusation.
It would be interesting if the new comer was one of Mab's parents that died and got recycled.    Cause it's better to see your daughter's friends late then never.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

xHaZxMaTx

What about Jyrras + Lorenda + Abel + Dan?

*Wonders how many brains he just broke.*

Fex

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 14, 2007, 07:35:35 AM
*Imagines Jyrras + Lorenda, Jyrras + Able and Jyrras + Dan love scenes*  MY EYES... MY CRANIAL EYES BLEED!!!  MY MIND SHIELD, IT DOES NOTHING!!! ...

The question that comes up is this, If Jyrras was able to deduce that someone was going to try and surprise him, will Jyrras be surprised or will he just act surprised?

Random throwing out accusation.
It would be interesting if the new comer was one of Mab's parents that died and got recycled.    Cause it's better to see your daughter's friends late then never.

hmmm the first one me not really like but the last two are damn good ones =3

Madmann135

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on September 14, 2007, 07:41:02 AM

That was in fact my first post but I decided against it because of what you just pointed out.  We don't need to break many minds this early in the game, we just need to hook them so that when it comes time to break their minds we can shatter them before they realize it.

"Have a poo flinging day you chimps."
I just thought that up ... ... ...sorry.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: The DXM on September 14, 2007, 03:36:05 AM
Those big ears are worth something after all!

Either that or he felt the grass vanish from under him.
Or saw the change in the ground in front of him.
Or saw the sky change.

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Pagan

Jy's face in the last panel is awesome. Eyes of pure annoyance, for the win.

Hmm... Who could this trying-to-be-sneaky person be? Someone who knows Jy or knows of him. While I'm glad Jyrras was finally able to say his speech, now we have a new cliffhanger! Until monday even.

And as for Jyrras and love scenes: *death gargle, dies* hurgh, blaah.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Angel

Hm. So apparently, Jyrras is a whiz at story timing mathematics. And who else thinks that's probably Albanion? (raises hand)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

techmaster-glitch

Psaakyrn

Hmm....

Nothing to add other than http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_582.php

*insert conspiracy theory here*
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Alondro

*Charline mmm-hmms!*  That is SOOOO totally hot!   Ooo yeah!  I wants me somma dat!

(It is impossible to break what was never intact in the first place)   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

DarkAudit

Quote from: Black_angel on September 14, 2007, 09:06:25 AM
Hm. So apparently, Jyrras is a whiz at story timing mathematics. And who else thinks that's probably Albanion? (raises hand)

Jy was more frightened of Albanion, so I'd be more inclined to say someone else he already knows.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

nikename2

multani82

Quote from: Xeksue on September 14, 2007, 11:31:28 AM
I'd laugh if it was Kria.  >:3
well judging from the last comic that showed them both together, She DOES have a kinda a crush on him. She does think he's cute and fiesty. Oh boy..... >:3

superluser

Quote from: multani82 on September 14, 2007, 12:09:28 PMwell judging from the last comic that showed them both together, She DOES have a kinda a crush on him. She does think he's cute and fiesty. Oh boy..... >:3

More MILFcest? *shudder*

SpottedKitty

Quote from: superluser on September 14, 2007, 12:24:43 PM
More MILFcest? *shudder*
What a wonderful fit-of-the-giggles-inducing new word!   
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

multani82

Aleolus

:erk :erk  Ouch, add one to the number, there.

Meanwhile, while Kria would be amusing, I would be very surprised if she were permitted in the Fae realm.  I suspect it will be more of a messenger to bring them to where Mab is, so they can all have a big meeting to discuss everything.

rabid_fox

I'm going to use the phrase "Sucked into an emotional vortex" next week in class. I swear to you, I am. I think I can link it to 'Educating Rita'.

"So folks, what you see here is that Rita feels she has been sucked into an emotional vortex by her social situation."

Yes. Yes indeedidy do.

Oh dear.